TF2 Spy Update!

My friends list is frikkin huge. I think they invite me because of my accent.

Could be tricky dicky if you're billy no mates. I've started inviting 'friends' that play well, that's my benchmarker. If you're shit you don't get an invite ;)

Or it could be that it is just a pain in the ass to play with ten different friends and keep track of who you have and haven't backstabbed to get an achievement, also meaning you have to play on the opposite team from your friends. It's not something you want to do, it's something you have to go out of your way to do.

so is the update in place now? or do they wait till all the days are revealed to enable it?

Looking at the list of Spy achievements it looks pretty easy to get a lot of them. If you play spy regularly then most will come from general play pretty quickly.

NEW weapon looks fucking awesome!!

btw, its hilarious how they know the spy video got leaked, they are like (act suprised)

wow, now we can throw piss on everyone... what are the people at valve smoking? lol

Here I was thinking it was an April Fool's Day joke originally. I was half expecting something... boomerangy...

Here I was thinking it was an April Fool's Day joke originally. I was half expecting something... boomerangy...

That wouldn't be tf2 style would it?
Scouts in real life scout areas, in tf2 Valve has them playing baseball. They have big fat guys eating sandwiches, medics taking health from people, and sniper will be shooting arrows...

Thats actually seems pretty useful, jarate. While I'm a spy, I'll have to take out my gun and shoot snipers in the face 3 times since most of them will be wearing razorbacks but atleast I won't have to deal with that freaking SMG and kukri anymore.

The actual challenging snipers would probably give up the kukri for the jarate, hit me with it and then chase me down with their SMG though. You know, those snipers that actually have awareness outside their scope and do a quick area sweep after every 2 shots or so.

After reading the Steam forums I wonder...Why do I even bother going to the forums?

Valve cannot please any of these douchebags, Maybe if it were homing bullets rather then a jar of piss?

A jar of piss is ballin

Just remember, the more idiots Valve attracts to their forums, the more fun new update releases are on servers, esp. 24/7 maps ;).

Spy players are gonna own

I didnt think so, the models were already present so why not? Basically clues are given in the "Meet the... " trailers.

It was a joke originally. I think they decided it would be fun to put it in the game for real probably after reading too many forum posts :D

I just want to see a sniper hit a fellow sniper with a jar of piss after an annoying flaregun pyro starts shooting up in the battlements.

"Pint of piss on yer head, wanker!"

The update to the spy and sniper is going to be great fun.

No sign of the updates yet, *drums fingers on table impatiently*

Last edited:
Well looks like it's time to pyro it up today! These updates are a pyro's paradise!!!!

Definitely, it's going to be servers full of snipers, spies and pyromaniacs!

Hopefully the update will come out today as promised

Not Natascha? Don't blame you Sasha is far superior

I'm a backburner man myself, "Fire, fire, fire!!"

Against snipers and Spys, I'll always take sasha :) Don't need to slow them so much as BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHDIE! ;)

How exactly do the new unlocks, or unlocks from now on, actually work?

They said they're now separated from having to get achievements, but I'm still not clear on this. Someone suggested "random drops" or some such as possibility, or perhaps receiving something at the end of a given round, but not due to having fulfilled achievements.

Does anyone know for sure how unlocks will be available with these updates, or from now on, as the case may be? Seeing a lot of speculation, but nothing definitive as to how you obtain new weapons etc.

Well they are PST anyways... so they just want most people to be out of work/school when they release it ;)

valve always releases late.... which i'll never understand... its not like they are still working on it .... i guess they just like to build the anticipation....

You obviously have no idea how software updates work. You don't just press a big red button and everything magically starts updating. There are hundreds of variables of things that could go wrong and not be ready all which could contribute to delays in pushing the update into live.

You obviously have no idea how software updates work. You don't just press a big red button and everything magically starts updating. There are hundreds of variables of things that could go wrong and not be ready all which could contribute to delays in pushing the update into live.

lol?

valve always releases late in the day....

and for a company like valve, at this point, it *is* like pushing a big red button and going live, they have the infrastructure put together, and have done big updates for their games + free weekends tons of times before... they definitely are choosing to delay the release until late in the day...

lol?

valve always releases late in the day....

and for a company like valve, at this point, it *is* like pushing a big red button and going live, they have the infrastructure put together, and have done big updates for their games + free weekends tons of times before... they definitely are choosing to delay the release until late in the day...

You couldn't be more right...

This is the big red button Valve did for the orange box release. It didn't release until they pushed it:

valve_orange_box_party.jpg

Back