Teased Again by Bethesda on Fallout 76

You and I look for very different things from this game. For instance, the achievements are invisible to me, I don't look for them, try to earn them, or care what they are. I am not interested in them and they are just not on my RADAR. I understand that there was something lacking in what you look for in this game and that earning the achievements was something you decided to do short of just completely abandoning the game, that you felt you wanted something out of it for your money and that you found the experience lacking.

As others said in their own way above, and you yourself basically hit on, we all have what we want as an experience, some of us get it, and some don't. The ones that don't get what they were hoping for see the game as a failure but those that did get what they wanted are still playing and still enjoying what Bethesda delivered even if it is with a big helping hand from some modders.

It will probably be the same for me soon with Anthem. I saw early videos hyping the game and am hoping they can deliver on what they showed us, a friendly coop title where a few friends can load up and go hunting together. But it's an EA game and I think there is a very good chance that reality isn't going to measure up at all.
I never go into a game caring about getting the achievements, but in this case it was the thing I focused on that helped me get through the game. I always try to play through a game at least once first. Being a completionist I'll then go back and hunt for achievements that I did not get through the natural course of gameplay.

Reactions: Kraz
like this
I never go into a game caring about getting the achievements, but in this case it was the thing I focused on that helped me get through the game. I always try to play through a game at least once first. Being a completionist I'll then go back and hunt for achievements that I did not get through the natural course of gameplay.

You realize that you are sort of just restating what I already had said, and that at the same time, had nothing to say about the real point of my post ?

As I said "I understand that there was something lacking in what you look for in this game and that earning the achievements was something you decided to do short of just completely abandoning the game, that you felt you wanted something out of it for your money and that you found the experience lacking."

Wasn't this accurate or have I misunderstood you?

And my big point was "You and I look for very different things from this game.", or maybe that isn't it at all, perhaps it's just that you weren't able to overlook or put up with the game's shortcomings in the same way I was. And perhaps that just means I'm an easier target for offloading crappy products on :oops::(:sick:

My dream is that someone, somewhere will make a Vampire: The Masquerade type of open-world game similar to Fallout or the Elder Scrolls series. Wishful thinking but i can hope. :)

My dream is that someone, somewhere will make a Vampire: The Masquerade type of open-world game similar to Fallout or the Elder Scrolls series. Wishful thinking but i can hope. :)

Play The Witcher if you haven't already, Thank me later. Although a new Vampire game would be awesome :)

Been playing the Witcher series for years. :) What I meant is that they really need to make a new version of the Vampire series. Even if not open world it's a great game if your into that sort of thing imho.

Play The Witcher if you haven't already, Thank me later. Although a new Vampire game would be awesome :)

I think it takes longer than an hour. The first area is kinda meh and it gets better and better. Graphically, story, everything. It’s really weird the other areas look way better... kinda backwards but they do.

It’s also moddable for better graphics. At least when I played it.

There is an action-RPG coming out where you play as a vampire, called Vampyr. The basic premise is you were a doctor in your human life, then you were turned into a vampire. Seems interesting to me. I've seen a lot of people drawing comparisons to the Soulsborne games, especially Bloodborne.

Been playing the Witcher series for years. :) What I meant is that they really need to make a new version of the Vampire series. Even if not open world it's a great game if your into that sort of thing imho.
I was unaware of masquerade until the last year or so. It's amazing how well the graphics look on such an old game.

Really? Wait, the first one, or do you mean Witcher 3?

Ahh well, I liked the first one except I got stuck on a quest and lost interest. The third one I really have a hard time liking. Too much fucking console showing through for this PC gamer to enjoy. All that 3rd person camera perspective shit with screen tips showing up telling you what button to press. Destroys any immersion the game can get going.

I thought I saw something called Vampyr that looked a little interesting if I remember correctly. I'm at work so I can't easily hunt it down.

Vampyr sounds interesting but V:TM let you make your own character so that's a plus in my book. Will keep an eye on it. :)

Back