Starfield

I have the Razorleaf after doing the Mantis quest. I'm curious if there are better ships in the game than the Razorleaf whether through quests or out right sale? If so what are they? Not so concerned about cargo. More interested in speed and more importantly battle performance like firepower and shield.

Edit: I know the Razorleaf can be modified and upgraded. I also know you can build your own designs. Just wondering about ready made prebuilts.

I have the Razorleaf after doing the Mantis quest. I'm curious if there are better ships in the game than the Razorleaf whether through quests or out right sale? If so what are they? Not so concerned about cargo. More interested in speed and more importantly battle performance like firepower and shield.
Freestar faction quest gives you one of the best in the game.

I'm sure people have a more impressive collection but I've been collecting contraband items in my house. Gotta keep the harvested organs in the fridge and make sure they stay fresh lol. I haven't even messed with customizing the house or making outposts yet.

Starfield 2023-09-24 16-25-48.png

I was collecting those until I accidentally sold them. Oh well. They make different noises when you pick them up and tablets too I think. That's a nice touch.

I'm sure people have a more impressive collection but I've been collecting contraband items in my house. Gotta keep the harvested organs in the fridge and make sure they stay fresh lol. I haven't even messed with customizing the house or making outposts yet.

View attachment 600962
I ended up just selling then at The Den in Wolf. FYI, be careful storing stuff in the apartment in New Atlantis. Once you hit a certain point, there is an event in the city and after that, my apartment lost everything that I had placed there. Possibly a bug, but it appears it hits a lot of people.

My opinion of this game has dropped drastically since I started messing with outposts. Some of this stuff is just straight up broken. I have to constantly save/reload because of obstructed workbenches/ships not landing on landing pads/can't use all the views when building. I'll worry about this game more in a few expansions and a lot of patches.

Finally found a new POI, abandoned mining platform. Fun times. Wish there were 50 more like this and exploration would be more fun.

Finally found a new POI, abandoned mining platform. Fun times. Wish there were 50 more like this and exploration would be more fun.
I hit every planet in the game, there's around 20 or 30 procedural location types but they don't have the same spawn rate. For example "Industrial Outpost" appears everywhere.
It doesn't really matter because they are all just generic shooting galleries.

If you really want to see them all I suggest running this mod at 3x or 4x rate to drastically increase your chance of finding them on each planet.
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2145

The locations worth clearing are the ones with the star and stripe icons (military places) and the skull icons. Those types are large enemy forts.
There are many smaller locations that can't be see in the space view, they only appear procedurally when you're on-foot. The issue is they look the same as any other location on your UI so you have to waste a lot of time running around to find them.

In terms of non-procedural locations I found around 5 or so that don't have quests tied to them, you just have to find them manually by clicking on each planet.

Last edited:
I hit every planet in the game, there's around 20 or 30 procedural location types but they don't have the same spawn rate. For example "Industrial Outpost" appears everywhere.
It doesn't really matter because they are all just generic shooting galleries.

If you really want to see them all I suggest running this mod at 3x or 4x rate to drastically increase your chance of finding them on each planet.
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2145

The locations worth clearing are the ones with the star and stripe icons (military places) and the skull icons. Those types are large enemy forts.

In terms of non-procedural locations I found around 5 or so that don't have quests tied to them, you just have to find them manually by clicking on each planet.
The nice part about there being so much open areas is modders are going to go crazy adding stuff. Skyrim had the problem of mods conflicting with each other because space was limited in comparison. I can't wait for all the awesome mods with custom missions and stories coming. I guess they could pretty easily add new planets and systems if they want too

Found two hidden difficulties when digging through game cvars.
SV and TSV.

Survivor and "T" Survivor?

Code:
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_VE, 10.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_E, 5.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_N, 2.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_H, 1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_VH, 0.500000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_SV, 0.100000, 1.000000, 1.000000, GameSetting
fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_TSV, 0.100000, 0.100000, 0.100000, GameSetting

Last edited:
My feelings is that if I play any game for a 100 hours or more I got my money's worth. I won't disagree with TB that I may have paid the highest price though if I bought it at first launch. Games don't go up in price usually.I did wait 5 or 6 days though after the official launch date.

“If you buy a game at launch, you are paying the most amount of money for the worst version of a game.” – TotalBiscuit
Actually it wasn't the worst version of the game as when I tried playing CP2077 later in 2022 it was worse than it was during early 2021 when I finished it twice and had a really good time doing it. Just as I'm having a really good time with Starfield now.

I've seen this pattern repeat so many times that I call complete bullcrap on it. Every game is the worst if you believe the internet naysayers. It is impossible to filter out legitimate issues from all the noise generated by hateclick collectors.
It is just trendy to hate on some games, while adoring others. Armored Core 6 is not 1% the game that Starfield is, yet it gets all the love and approval, while Starfield is all kinds of boogeyman. Makes me sick.
https://www.pcgamer.com/im-so-glad-...act-that-this-is-our-new-normal/#comment-jump

Worth reading this eventhough it's focus is on the Cyberpunk launch but it applies to most games these days
Person who never even played the game at launch lamenting how much better it is now. Yeah, how would he know?
Says story criticism are true. Without even bothering to spell out what those criticism are.
I'm sorry but I take the complexity and bugs of Starfield or post launch CP2077 any day over games that are simple as a stick but relatively bug free like Armored Core 6.

Glitches in games isn't a new thing, but gaming has went mainstream and we have a slew of idiots like this "journalist" who didn't even have a gaming PC 3 years ago, but now presumes to write for PCGamer. This right here is the horse from the veterinary college exhibiting all conceivable illnesses of gaming journalism.

Got the Mantis quest but got side tracked trying to negotiate a deal at Paradiso.
You can't go in this game for more than 5 mins before you get sidetracked by something else. Right now I am mostly picking up quests and not even finishing them.

I have the Razorleaf after doing the Mantis quest. I'm curious if there are better ships in the game ... Just wondering about ready made prebuilts.
If you mod the Razorleaf according to this vid, it can take you up to L60 just fine unless you want cargo space. At 60 you get access to all the ship parts in the game, so you can then build another ship (or mod the same ship again, it will keep the mantis passives even if you remove/replace every single part)

Got the Mantis quest but got side tracked trying to negotiate a deal at Paradiso.
You can't go in this game for more than 5 mins before you get sidetracked by something else. Right now I am mostly picking up quests and not even finishing them.
Yeah the game throws lots of side quests at you. Its a good thing bad thing type of situation. Good that it lets you know and automatically sets it up for you to do. Bad that it throws all these quests at you that have nothing to do with what you are trying to do. Distracting you at the same time pulling you out of the immersion you are in. On the quest menu you can set it to main quest only or faction quests, or other types, etc.,

Yeah the game throws lots of side quests at you. Its a good thing bad thing type of situation. Good that it lets you know and automatically sets it up for you to do. Bad that it throws all these quests at you that have nothing to do with what you are trying to do. Distracting you at the same time pulling you out of the immersion you are in. On the quest menu you can set it to main quest only or faction quests, or other types, etc.,
Just because you overhear some new lead it doesn't mean you immediately have to follow up on it. But if you do, then you choose to pull yourself out of whatever you are doing, it is not forced on you.

Edit: I know the Razorleaf can be modified and upgraded. I also know you can build your own designs. Just wondering about ready made prebuilts.

It's still my primary. I upgraded it to C caliber hardware across the boards and added a cargo 204 (forgot specifically) part and overall I'm really happy with it. It's just a matter of making modest changes so the ship's strengths aren't harmed. A balancing act. I didn't have to reinvent the wheel to really put it over the top.

I also have Stronghold. That's nuts. I added two Ares 60 engines and a couple of weapon refinements and it's insane.

Last edited:
A small update has gone out for Starfield on Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft Store, and Steam. This update addresses some issues with performance and stability as well as a few general gameplay issues. We are continuing to work on a larger update that will add features and improvements that we noted in our last update notes. Thank you so much for your continued feedback and support of Starfield and we look forward to a future with you on this journey.

---

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General
  • Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
  • Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
  • Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.

Graphics
  • AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
  • Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
  • Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.

Performance and Stability
  • Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.

Ships
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.

Rate Up

Discuss

NEWS
POSTED
Tue, September 19
Thank you to more than 10 Million Starfield Explorers!

Thank you to more than 10 million Starfield explorers for creating the biggest launch in Bethesda history.
Rate Up

Discuss

NEWS
POSTED
Thu, September 14
STARFIELD ACCOLADES TRAILER

Starfield is available now on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Game Pass! Explore the stars with unparalleled freedom and uncover the answer to one of humanity’s greatest mysteries. The newest critically acclaimed next-gen RPG from Bethesda Game Studios is getting rave reviews from players and critics alike.

Rate Up

Discuss

SMALL UPDATE / PATCH NOTES
POSTED
Wed, September 13
Starfield Updates and Mod Support – September 13, 2023

First, an enormous thank you to all of you playing Starfield and your support. We are absolutely blown away by the response and all you love about the game. We’re also reading all your great feedback on what you’d like to see improved or added to the game. This is a game we’ll be supporting for years and years to come, so please keep all the feedback coming! Even if we don’t get to your requests immediately, we’d love to do it in the future, like city maps. Our priority initially is making sure any top blocker bugs or stability issues are addressed, and adding quality-of-life features that many are asking for.

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:
  • Brightness and Contrast controls
  • HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
  • 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
  • Eat button for food!
We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.

Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.

Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!

Bethesda Game Studios
---
Update Version 1.7.29 - Fixes and Improvements
Performance and Stability
  • Xbox Series X|S
    Improved stability related to installations.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.
Quests
  • All That Money Can Buy
    : Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
  • Into the Unknown
    : Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
  • Shadows in Neon:
    Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

Just because you overhear some new lead it doesn't mean you immediately have to follow up on it. But if you do, then you choose to pull yourself out of whatever you are doing, it is not forced on you.
You are correct. Very true. One does not need to stop and chase after a side quest thrown at you. The choice is up to the player.

Just finished, did everything and my save file says 127 hours. I did the same thing when FO4 launched and it took me about 150 hours which means Starfield has less content.
Best main quests, faction quests, and ending Bethesda has ever done. Rest of the game's flaws are pretty clear at this point.

Faction quest ranks, CF > UC > Ryujin > Rangers
Companion quest ranks, Sarah > Andreja > Sam > Barrett

Gonna start a new character before I do any NG+. Bump up the XP rate and install a few new mods.

Last edited:
I just finished as well, my playthrough was about 60 hours, hard for me to imagine there being another 60 hours of content I missed. I did all the faction quests, skipped some missions, and most activities, most of them just didn't seem interesting so I decided to get to the ending. I started NG+ but I'm not sure why, losing everything just to get an ok ship and suit seems to defeat the purpose of NG+. I mean, I'd like to unlock more abilities via the skill tree, but with how slow leveling is from here I'm just not sure I'd enjoy the journey enough. Probably gonna let this one hang for a while while the modders get to it.

Just finished, did everything and my save file says 127 hours. I did the same thing when FO4 launched and it took me about 150 hours which means Starfield has less content.
Best main quests, faction quests, and ending Bethesda has ever done. Rest of the game's flaws are pretty clear at this point.

Faction quest ranks, CF > UC > Ryujin > Rangers
Companion quest ranks, Sarah > Andreja > Sam > Barrett

Gonna start a new character before I do any NG+. Bump up the XP rate and install a few new mods.
Honestly the game has just as many quests as FO4. I think FO4/Skyrim take longer because you're having to travel on foot, where as this game is essentially fast travel everywhere, to include new locations.

I'm pretty much done with the game also at around 120 hours. I'm putting it away at least until the DLC comes out, and I'm hoping the DLC adds quite a bit in terms the exploration side content / game.

Either way - In my book it's a good game and was worth the money. I pretty much calculate if a game was good for me or not based off of at least 1 hour gameplay per $1 spent. So I spent $100 on this game, and I got 120 hours - And that's not including the hours I'm going to put into it again once the DLC that the $100 edition included.

I just finished as well, my playthrough was about 60 hours, hard for me to imagine there being another 60 hours of content I missed. I did all the faction quests, skipped some missions, and most activities, most of them just didn't seem interesting so I decided to get to the ending. I started NG+ but I'm not sure why, losing everything just to get an ok ship and suit seems to defeat the purpose of NG+. I mean, I'd like to unlock more abilities via the skill tree, but with how slow leveling is from here I'm just not sure I'd enjoy the journey enough. Probably gonna let this one hang for a while while the modders get to it.
I checked every door, every location, talked to every NPC, every dialog choice, every quest. I did it all, man.
For some of the useless NPC's I read the subtitles then skipped through the voice acting to speed things up. Probably shaved like 2 hours off like that. I also skipped most of the text-based datapads and terminals, reading all of those would add another couple hours.

Honestly the game has just as many quests as FO4. I think FO4/Skyrim take longer because you're having to travel on foot, where as this game is essentially fast travel everywhere, to include new locations.

I'm pretty much done with the game also at around 120 hours. I'm putting it away at least until the DLC comes out, and I'm hoping the DLC adds quite a bit in terms the exploration side content / game.
Starfield has multiple times more dialog than FO4. There are many aspects of the game that are easy to make and Bethesda abused them to pad the game out, like dialog and fetch quests.
You can have full conversations with all the random store employees. I spent like 15 minutes talking to the secretary at the ground floor of Ryujin.

It's easy to miss but a lot of the random NPC's have quests buried in their dialog. And I mean REALLY buried in some cases.

Reactions: w35t
like this

View attachment 600962

Lol. I'm 92 hours in thus far.

I haven't bothered with a house (no need, can sleep in the ship or in the lodge)

I also have yet to use a workbench of any kind, or to build an outpost.

I know I'm getting towards the end of the main story quests. I haven't done any of the factions. Quite frankly, none of the factions appeal to me

At this point I'm just kind of farting around and completing some side quests, because I know that as soon as I finish the main story quests I am guaranteed to completely lose interest in playing any more of the game.

That's nothing against Starfield. It is a fine (albeit flawed) game that has given me some enjoyment. It's just that I 100% play these games for a mix of the gunplay and the story. Once the story is done, there is no reason for me to continue.

The houses are purely for aesthetics or roleplaying.
Use the console command to turn your ship into a house (it resets if your modify your ship) or if you need a place to store stuff, plop down an outpost somewhere.

You can directly fast travel to your ship and outposts, you can't with houses. So you have to travel to the city itself, then run to your house.

If you actually want a usable, convenient house, you have to take the trait. You can travel directly to it, and it's actually large enough to decorate unlike most of the other houses in the game.

I swear the side stories are longer in this game than some other games' main stories. I've been basically doing the same faction quest for days now, thinking that I'm sure to complete it last night, but had to give up at 1 am, since I got to work today.

Starfield has some hilarious moments such as the one I just witnessed.

I'm on VOLII PSI mining lead and traveled towards a civilian outpost. A female civilian had just opened up the outer orange door of an airlock so I ran in after her with Sam Coe following me. She cock-blocked Sam by hitting the switch, closing the door in his face. :ROFLMAO:

I swear the side stories are longer in this game than some other games' main stories. I've been basically doing the same faction quest for days now, thinking that I'm sure to complete it last night, but had to give up at 1 am, since I got to work today.
The Crimson Fleet quest line is extremely long.

Where do you get Crimson fleet quests?
It starts as part of the UC quest line.
Or let the UC capture you with contraband. I think you can also commit a regular crime.

In other news PureDark is going insane. I guess making a million (ish) dollars in less than 1 year wasn't enough for him.

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfi...-threatens-to-add-hidden-mines-in-future-mods
It's true — the mod does not require an active Patreon subscription, so people can still pass the DRM authentication after unsubscribing. PureDark also responded to how quickly the Starfield mod was cracked.
"It was expected since it was something I put together within a day or two, but I did get enough patrons so it's done its job. So from now on I will place hidden mines in all my mods to make it harder for these people. They might be able to find and bypass some of them, but they will never know if they have found all of them. The cracked mods will sometimes work, sometimes fail, sometimes work but [be] very wonky, sometimes even crash and they won't even know if it's a bug or just them using the cracked version, and they will never have the support I've been always providing to my subscribers."

Last edited:
Back