Starfield

I don't own the game, but I've watched a number of reviews. Would those that play this and generally enjoy it consider it a 'looter shooter' more than anything else? How bad are the bugs in the current version? I know Bethesda titles tend to rely on the modding community to improve/fix their games, but how far are we from that point? Has there been any information released on the 'Shattered Space' expansion?

I have 273 plus hours into the game and have enjoyed every moment.

Definitely is a shooter. Is it a looter? To a certain extent depending upon play style. I'm taking the build up outposts route so the character is doing less mining and more playing the side and main quests.

Reactions: Pez
like this
Cut feature or coming in Survival?

starfield_fuel.png

Most likely both.According to Todd Howard, there were a lot of survival mechanics built into the game and though they are still largely present, they were nerfed into the ground.
I remember him specifically saying they cut needing fuel because it wasn't fun it was just annoying.

I remember him specifically saying they cut needing fuel because it wasn't fun it was just annoying.
On that subject, I find diseases to mostly be a nuisance. Running around with my 80th case of hypothermia (which happens every single playthrough due to reasons I don't really need to spoil) and a dislocated leg is kinda... just tedious. It would be fine if there weren't other tedious things, like the menus and the amount of fast traveling. I do think Hunger as a mechanic would at least be nice, because you'd have a reason to actually use the stupid amounts of food you pick up everywhere, but I'm guessing a mod will add that in later anyway. Also sleep, although the sleep timers get really fucky when you're on a planet that barely goes through a day in like 100+ hours...

Also am I the only one that thinks it's kind of weird that guns have an "accuracy" rating? Like I watched clips from people playing this and they're sitting there missing shots while aiming down the sights and dead on the head with their aim. It just curves somewhere else. Kind of reminds me of Morrowind to be honest. I didn't mind it in Morrowind because it sort of approximated the weird dodgy movements, due to their agility, the other party could make that couldn't really be done by the game engine. So to me it sort of made sense... but for guns...? This isn't anime, you don't just dodge bullets lol. Either your aim is dead on, or your aim is dead off. It's fine if it's approximating your character's ability to hold it steady while shooting, but then at least give talents (or bake them into current ones) that greatly increase accuracy and reduce recoil for certain weapons...

Another note is that I think a professional gun analyst looked at how a lot of the guns fired and couldn't figure out why they had so much kick, as normally you'd think they would have some sort of compensation mechanisms, especially for the more advanced ones (ie magnets). Lasers having kick at all doesn't make any bloody sense, obviously. I guess they didn't feel like giving each gun type a different feel...

On that subject, I find diseases to mostly be a nuisance.
They are, but if they didn't have any significant adverse effects then they'd be irrelevant. Why even have the feature if you can just waltz around with multiple afflictions like nothing?
I wish there was a hardcore mode like in Fallout NV, where you need to sleep and eat. Lacking that I wish food at least gave more than 3points of health. It should be 30 - 50 but over a longer period like 2-5 minutes, so it can't be used as a medkit replacement.
Also am I the only one that thinks it's kind of weird that guns have an "accuracy" rating?
It's only weird if you look at it as if it was a competitive FPS, it is not weird for an RPG.
I guess they didn't feel like giving each gun type a different feel...
Automatic weapons have a different feel, especially automatic shotguns, the recoil is insane on those. But I agree that lasers shouldn't have a spread. I guess it is for balance reasons so energy weapons are not too OP, but I still don't like it.

This game has the most inaccurate guns I've ever used in a shooter. You can scope directly onto an enemy's chest and unload an entire clip and watch your bullets fly all around them.
I realized eventually that I wasn't even bothering to aim anymore, just fire randomly in the direction of an enemy and your chance to hit is the same.

I've been using this mod at 80% to make it more tolerable.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/5558

The guns already have recoil, camera shake, etc. They don't need fake spread.

This game has the most inaccurate guns I've ever used in a shooter. You can scope directly onto an enemy's chest and unload an entire clip and watch your bullets fly all around them.
I realized eventually that I wasn't even bothering to aim anymore, just fire randomly in the direction of an enemy and your chance to hit is the same.

I've been using this mod at 80% to make it more tolerable.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/5558

The guns already have recoil, camera shake, etc. They don't need fake spread.

A lot of people on reddit apparently just don't bother aiming down the sights. There's apparently a perk in the combat tree that increases accuracy for firing from the hip, so ironically maybe firing from the hip is more accurate than aiming down sights with the way it's implemented...

On that subject, I find diseases to mostly be a nuisance. Running around with my 80th case of hypothermia (which happens every single playthrough due to reasons I don't really need to spoil) and a dislocated leg is kinda... just tedious. It would be fine if there weren't other tedious things, like the menus and the amount of fast traveling. I do think Hunger as a mechanic would at least be nice, because you'd have a reason to actually use the stupid amounts of food you pick up everywhere, but I'm guessing a mod will add that in later anyway. Also sleep, although the sleep timers get really fucky when you're on a planet that barely goes through a day in like 100+ hours...

Also am I the only one that thinks it's kind of weird that guns have an "accuracy" rating? Like I watched clips from people playing this and they're sitting there missing shots while aiming down the sights and dead on the head with their aim. It just curves somewhere else. Kind of reminds me of Morrowind to be honest. I didn't mind it in Morrowind because it sort of approximated the weird dodgy movements, due to their agility, the other party could make that couldn't really be done by the game engine. So to me it sort of made sense... but for guns...? This isn't anime, you don't just dodge bullets lol. Either your aim is dead on, or your aim is dead off. It's fine if it's approximating your character's ability to hold it steady while shooting, but then at least give talents (or bake them into current ones) that greatly increase accuracy and reduce recoil for certain weapons...

Another note is that I think a professional gun analyst looked at how a lot of the guns fired and couldn't figure out why they had so much kick, as normally you'd think they would have some sort of compensation mechanisms, especially for the more advanced ones (ie magnets). Lasers having kick at all doesn't make any bloody sense, obviously. I guess they didn't feel like giving each gun type a different feel...

The gun accuracy thing really made me dislike the Fallout games. Playing them made me feel like I was disabled.

It isn't nearly as bad in Starfield though. Still slightly annoying, but manageable I guess.

It probably bothers people actually good at aiming a lot more. People that like it are noobs. I understand wanting to "balance" an RPG game, but it's a very poor way to do it and doesn't conform to the Bethesda RPG freedom to play how you want philosophy.

The gun accuracy thing really made me dislike the Fallout games. Playing them made me feel like I was disabled.

It isn't nearly as bad in Starfield though. Still slightly annoying, but manageable I guess.

It probably bothers people actually good at aiming a lot more. People that like it are noobs. I understand wanting to "balance" an RPG game, but it's a very poor way to do it and doesn't conform to the Bethesda RPG freedom to play how you want philosophy.

It honestly makes me feel really helpless with many weapons. They're so inaccurate that I go into combat and I'm only halfassing my aim because I know it doesn't matter how well I aim. I'm going to miss a lot anyway. When I get home, I'll try to dig up an Asmongold react video where he kept rewinding and forwarding on a clip of some guy playing that just missed constantly. I normally don't watch any youtubers, but that was kind of funny.

It probably bothers people actually good at aiming a lot more. People that like it are noobs.
Oh, here we go again, if you like something I don't then there must be something wrong with you :eek:
As an RPG the game is supposed to simulate your character's skill level. If it let you be pinpoint accurate with zero skill that would go against its RPG nature. I think weapons already feel OP with zero skill points spent in that tree.
DeusEx (again) should be the benchmark because in that weapons were inaccurate if you had low or no skill (unless you spent a lot of time aiming), but immediately accurate at master level. In Starfield accuracy is affected by your targeting skill. But I think the individual weapon certifications should also affect accuracy, not just add damage.

Oh, here we go again, if you like something I don't then there must be something wrong with you :eek:
As an RPG the game is supposed to simulate your character's skill level. If it let you be pinpoint accurate with zero skill that would go against its RPG nature. I think weapons already feel OP with zero skill points spent in that tree.
DeusEx (again) should be the benchmark because in that weapons were inaccurate if you had low or no skill (unless you spent a lot of time aiming), but immediately accurate at master level. In Starfield accuracy is affected by your targeting skill. But I think the individual weapon certifications should also affect accuracy, not just add damage.
Yeah I kinda wish they made you specialize a bit more as it currently is it doesn't matter too much if you did rifles/shotungs/etc.

My exposing the reality of the massive suck this game is has caused at least 5 new /ignores to add to my list. I kept getting attacked. Now everyone knows this game is a trash fueled barrel fire. Just like Diablo IV. Don't even get me started on the heaping pile of dung that Diablo IV is. I have no kind words.

"Oh they tried but missed"
"It was a great attrmpt"
"They failed to deliver but bless thier hearts"

NO!

The only way we shake developers out of their greedy garbage based state of programming trash for money is if we start to be honest and throw the piles of excrement they produce right back at them. Then we may start to get good games again maybe. I don't care how hard you worked blah blah when you're gonna charge people vast sums of money for a can of fart juice after promising sweet delicious fine wine. No one accepts a new car with a blown engine. No one accepts a bag of apples in which 5 of the 6 in the bag is rotten. No one accepts having a toilet that clogs 99% of the time when you crap in it. But I'll be damned people accept trash ass video games and then support them with blind rage. The cognitive dissonance is amazing in video games and it's the same with politics.

Last edited:
My exposing the reality of the massive suck this game is has caused at least 5 new /ignores to add to my list. I kept getting attacked. Now everyone knows this game is a trash fueled barrel fire. Just like Diablo IV. Don't even get me started on the heaping pile of dung that Diablo IV is. I have no kind words.

"It was a great attrmpt"

NO!

The only way we shake developers out of their greedy garbage based state of programming trash for money is if we start to be honest and throw the piles of excrement they produce right back at them. Then we may start to get good games again maybe. I don't care how hard you worked blah blah when you're gonna charge people vast sums of money for a can of fart juice after promising sweet delicious fine wine. No one accepts a new car with a blown engine. No one accepts a bag of apples in which 5 of the 6 in the bag is rotten. No one accepts having a toilet that clogs 99% of the time when you crap in it. But I'll be damned people accept trash ass video games and then support them with blind rage. The cognitive dissonance is amazing in video games and it's the same with politics.
It's fine if you don't like it. I think everyone knows your opinion on it at this point. Refund + move on.

"It was a great attrmpt"

NO!

It has a lot of troubles, but I think that opinion is a bit extreme. It's not "literally unplayable". It's definitely a disappointment, and definitely not the quality I would want considering the time they spent on it, considering how many weird oversights it has (like Accuracy being missing from the weapon perks which is just weird as heck, or how binding jetpack to a different key makes it behave completely differently, according to Spiffingbrit, etc), not to mention the rampant bugs. I would say it's mediocre, and I do at least agree that people snapping it up is kind of an issue because it doesn't get Bethesda to improve. I do agree that there are too many apologists that are willing to dismiss issues. But the game isn't just garbage. It's just disappointing and has individual segments that are terrible, and has a bunch of (sort of isolated) issues.

I do wonder how people would rate it if it did not come from Bethesda. Like just imagine this game came from some random unknown studio that no one heard of, exactly as is... personally I think its rating would be at least a bit lower. I think with Bethesda everyone is just partial to the "well mods will fix it anyway" sort of mindset. Which I do agree is kind of cancerous, but still the base game has high points and it's not just outright filth or something. It's playable and it can be sort of fun... sometimes... when you're not in the menu. I don't think every game needs to be a 10/10 game. It's fine to admit this is just a 6-7.5/10 experience. The reason I'm going to rate it "Not recommended" on Steam is purely because I don't think it's worth it for $60+. I think at ~30-40 it would be fine, though. My copy came free, so I just don't care that much about that part, though. But when I'm leaving feedback, I'm leaving it for others.

There's nothing wrong with being a noob. It just means your'e differently abled than someone with actual skill in using a mouse.

Hard disagree on "simulating" everything.

Do you think an RPG should also simulate your character's intelligence?
Should it prevent you from baiting enemies into a kill zone you setup because your character's intelligence level is too low?
Should you only be allowed to blindly charge into enemies until you reach level 10 intelligence?

Should the game "simulate" your reflexes by adding lag to your mouse and keyboard inputs?

Those things aren't fun to simulate because they make you feel disabled, just like having shitty aim does to someone with good aim.

The appeal of a Bethesda "RPG" is the real time freedom to be creative and play in a way that is fun to you. It's not a generic turn based RPG.

If you wanna have some fun you can make every enemy in the game Legendary with the following values.
Applies to creatures, robots, starborn, and humans.

Legendary Starborns don't offer any extra rewards but man they are tanky.

Code:
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_VE 0.000
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_E 0.000
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_N 0.000
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_H 0.000
setgs fDiffMultLegendaryRarity_VH 0.000
set 000C55B8 to 100.0
set 000C55B7 to 100.0
set 0006AAC8 to 100.0
set 0014AFD4 to 100.0

Last edited:
Weapon bloom has no place in shooting games, regardless if it's a RPG. Bullets fly straight from wherever the barrel is pointing at the time. Your skill in a type of firearm should affect weapon sway, not some randomized spread that isn't affected by physics.

Starfield- Angry Joe Review

Grade: 6/10

"so many flawed elements and not enough improvements and innovations to the formula...I play these games for story, characters, loot and exploration and I feel in nearly all these areas Starfield does a mixed to poor job...it has some standout systems like ship building but it's not as well executed as I'd hoped

there are good aspects to the game but they are too few and far between...it is a disappointment...not a colossal disaster like Fallout 76 but it is a small disappointment for what they should be capable of by now...frankly this idea that you could be playing this game for a long time is BS...unless you like doing the same procedurally generated uninteresting outposts over and over..."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLz4xIVFmxI

"so many flawed elements and not enough improvements and innovations to the formula...I play these games for story, characters, loot and exploration and I feel in nearly all these areas Starfield does a mixed to poor job...it has some standout systems like ship building but it's not as well executed as I'd hoped

there are good aspects to the game but they are too few and far between...it is a disappointment...not a colossal disaster like Fallout 76 but it is a small disappointment for what they should be capable of by now...frankly this idea that you could be playing this game for a long time is BS...unless you like doing the same procedurally generated uninteresting outposts over and over..."

As much as I enjoy the game, I'm forced to agree with a lot of what's said there. Though I personally rank it at least a 7/10. Unfortunately, like many of Bethesda's titles it sort of becomes worth the investment because of what the modding community does with it. This shouldn't be why you buy a game but I feel like its par for the course with Bethesda.

Weapon bloom has no place in shooting games, regardless if it's a RPG. Bullets fly straight from wherever the barrel is pointing at the time. Your skill in a type of firearm should affect weapon sway, not some randomized spread that isn't affected by physics.

I agree. Your gun is constantly misfiring, your aim is swaying, the weapon kick is high (and in some cases doesn't even make sense because you're using a freaking laser). And every weapon handles basically the same. Sort of an unholy quadfecta. The gunplay kind of feels like an afterthought...

I found that clip, for what it's worth, timestamped:

View: https://youtu.be/nvaMVWyLII8?t=611
I normally don't watch these, but I occasionally run out of shows to watch while I'm doing something else, so I put youtube in the background.

Also here's that series where they have a "firearms expert" (putting that in double quotes because I can't vouch for it, I'm sure some people here own a lot of guns, too; I don't) react to the Starfield weapons:

View: https://youtu.be/pbGT1xfeeoo
I found it to be a fun little side watch. There were a few episodes of it. This is not a negative video, really, but I believe (been a little while) that he does mention that he doesn't understand why some of the weapons have such a ridiculous amount of recoil. It's either in this one or the next video.

Agree with a lot of this, especially him pointing out that the O2 system, encumbrance system, etc, seem to just kind of be made to waste time. Then again I said that quite a while ago, before I even watched any videos about this.

Also if some of you enjoy this, do give No Man's Sky a try. Its procedural generation engine for planets is really something else, and its grindy mechanics can be surprisingly fun.

Last edited:
Agree with a lot of this, especially him pointing out that the O2 system, encumbrance system, etc, seem to just kind of be made to waste time. Then again I said that quite a while ago, before I even watched any videos about this.

Also if some of you enjoy this, do give No Man's Sky a try. Its procedural generation engine for planets is really something else, and its grindy mechanics can be surprisingly fun.
One of the things that annoys me is the fact that your sealed space suit doesn't protect you from things like toxic gasses or liquids. The encumbrance system isn't as bad if you don't loot every useless thing you see. That being said, it's a problem on the starship side as your ship generates clutter automatically and from doing things like using the ship builder which makes no fucking sense.

Also here's that series where they have a "firearms expert" (putting that in double quotes because I can't vouch for it, I'm sure some people here own a lot of guns, too; I don't) react to the Starfield weapons:

View: https://youtu.be/pbGT1xfeeoo
I found it to be a fun little side watch. There were a few episodes of it. This is not a negative video, really, but I believe (been a little while) that he does mention that he doesn't understand why some of the weapons have such a ridiculous amount of recoil. It's either in this one or the next video.

I believe that guy is a legit firearms expert. Well....for someone in the UK anyway. :)

In any event as one of the guys on the forum that owns a lot of guns, I agree. Some guns like the SMG recoil excessively for what it is. The whole point of SMG's is to provide a high rate of controllable fire in a compact package. Guns like the Lawgiver are too slow and don't hit hard enough for what they are. So I'd agree there are issues with the guns. There are very few I actually use in Starfield because there are huge gaps in performance between the good guns and the average or bad ones. Only a few weapons manage to not make the enemies feel like bullet sponges. The Magshear being one of them. (When properly configured.)

I'm curious how many other folks feel that Bethesda is no longer a studio you make a day one ir pre-order purchase from. I know I've been singing that gospel in this thread for a while now when I disparage them as a studio but rather than reiterate that i'd like to hear what you all think, including the folks who bought the game, either as a pre-order or day one. Do you wish you'd waited or are you glad you bought and played it? And do you think it lived up more or less to the marketing claims?

I'm not a big fan of replaying games unless they are exceptional so I would much rather not play this game for a few years and then only buy it when it's been properly worked on both by the Community and by bethesda And there is widespread consensus that it is in great shape.

I'm curious how many other folks feel that Bethesda is no longer a studio you make a day one ir pre-order purchase from. I know I've been singing that gospel in this thread for a while now when I disparage them as a studio but rather than reiterate that i'd like to hear what you all think, including the folks who bought the game, either as a pre-order or day one. Do you wish you'd waited or are you glad you bought and played it? And do you think it lived up more or less to the marketing claims?

I'm not a big fan of replaying games unless they are exceptional so I would much rather not play this game for a few years and then only buy it when it's been properly worked on both by the Community and by bethesda And there is widespread consensus that it is in great shape.
Was it ever a studio that you bought from on day one or pre-ordered from? If so, I never got the memo. From Oblivion onward all I've ever heard is that Bethesda's a bit of a shit show on the technical side of things and that their games are a buggy mess that need awhile to mature. You also get a better experience by letting the modding community create mods that undo some of Bethesda's more questionable design decisions and gameplay mechanics. On that front, Starfield isn't in the best shape as the modders are limited on what they can do without the Creation kit and thanks to the fact that Bethesda's patches so far haven't done much.

The game has a magnitude of technical problems. In fact, the most recent patch added some new ones. Based on what you've said, I'd revisit the topic in six months or better yet, wait until the creation kit has been out for a bit and modders can really do some cool things with it.

One of the things that annoys me is the fact that your sealed space suit doesn't protect you from things like toxic gasses or liquids. The encumbrance system isn't as bad if you don't loot every useless thing you see. That being said, it's a problem on the starship side as your ship generates clutter automatically and from doing things like using the ship builder which makes no fucking sense.

A lot of people have pointed that out before. One thing I think this game is missing is also some sort of shielding for general ballistics. Ships have it, but our suits can't have a miniature version? It's kind of a staple in space games at this point. But nope, you're getting hit straight to your health bar... I mean if that's the case, you should practically be dying immediately if it's combat in a place with no air. You get pierced through the suit, you're leaking air. You're dead.

The more I'm watching the Angry Joe review, the more I can empathize with more things he's saying, too. Barren exploration (at least give us vehicles). Or how slow it is to get around? Maybe this is a sequel to Death Stranding? Also like he said earlier in the review, the way if you said anything bad about the game when it launched, you got crucified. I've seen that be a theme in a lot of reviews for this game, and I think that's just really terrible, both for Bethesda advancing as a studio because they get no criticism, and just in general. Like if Taintedsquirrel or someone still wanted to give the game a positive review on Steam, I'm still fully supportive of that. That's their opinion. They feel it was worth their time. What I'm not supportive of is people just being dismissive over any and all negative (or heck, positive) opinions about this, and acting like you were just playing the game wrong if you gave a negative (or positive) opinion of it. It's crazy. It's annoying. It's not rational.

I don't think I've ever bought a Bethesda game on release. It's always been on sale. My favorite Bethesda game is still the first one I played, too: Morrowind. I didn't even mod it. I just really enjoyed Morrowind when I was younger. I felt immersed in it. Oblivion and to a lesser extent Skyrim felt like they took a step backwards to me, for the things that mattered to me. Oblivion especially had like wtf level scaling and being a thief just didn't pay off. I could actually steal valuable shit in Morrowind. Oblivion? Nada. But then at a high level I go outside the capital city, hit up a sewer right outside, and encounter the boss of the sewer, which took about 5 solid minutes of attacking to kill. Okay lol.

There are very few I actually use in Starfield because there are huge gaps in performance between the good guns and the average or bad ones. Only a few weapons manage to not make the enemies feel like bullet sponges. The Magshear being one of them. (When properly configured.)

If you want to see the strongest weapon I've found in the game, here:

View: https://youtu.be/djxsIwk28NU
It's so strong that the game can't handle it. =|

1698356877059.png

When it does work, though, it kills everyone. The problem is that it's so tedious to buy or stockpile ammo in this game, so it's almost impossible to keep filled reliably. I only pulled it out as a last resort weapon--one that might not even work. The strongest general use weapon I had was a Beowulf that applied burn damage. Because DoTs are overpowered in this game. Did you know the mining laser with maxed laser perks can be a lethal weapon of mass destruction? I haven't tried it, but that's how it is. Not that it matters, you can just use Solar Flare to kill everyone and everyone without a weapon.

If you want to see the strongest weapon I've found in the game, here:

View: https://youtu.be/djxsIwk28NU
It's so strong that the game can't handle it. =|

View attachment 609111

When it does work, though, it kills everyone. The problem is that it's so tedious to buy or stockpile ammo in this game, so it's almost impossible to keep filled reliably. I only pulled it out as a last resort weapon--one that might not even work. The strongest general use weapon I had was a Beowulf that applied burn damage. Because DoTs are overpowered in this game. Did you know the mining laser with maxed laser perks can be a lethal weapon of mass destruction? I haven't tried it, but that's how it is. Not that it matters, you can just use Solar Flare to kill everyone and everyone without a weapon.

Yeah, the Magsheer and Magstorm are strong weapons. Though I wouldn't have gone with those perks on the gun specifically. I've found others that work better in my experience. (The Revenant's perks are better for example.) And yes, I knew about the mining laser though I haven't tried it either.

I preordered. I have over 160 hours in Starfield and have stopped playing for now. I enjoyed the game and do not regret the purchase. I am disappointed in how the game turned out. There are so many things that should be better. So while I am annoyed about some parts of the game I had fun with it overall. I'm sure once the mod tools and expansions hit I'll have even more fun. It isn't a perfect game but I feel like I got my money's worth.

I also preordered D4. I regret that one, but overall I still feel I got my money's worth. For me that is a simple equation. Did I pay less than a dollar an hour for entertainment and did I have any fun? Gaming is one of my cheaper hobbies. Even with the price increases I could spend more on a night out than the cost of the average game. A game that could give me potentially 100's of hours of entertainment.

I rarely preorder and only from select games/devs. Bethesda is one that I fell confident that even if they screw everything up at some point it will be good. They haven't disappointed me to the point where I will not preorder from them again. Having said that I do wait until the last minute to preorder after reading a bunch of news and watching ton of videos.

Yeah, the Magsheer and Magstorm are strong weapons. Though I wouldn't have gone with those perks on the gun specifically. I've found others that work better in my experience. (The Revenant's perks are better for example.) And yes, I knew about the mining laser though I haven't tried it either.

I didn't actually modify that gun at all. That's just how it dropped. It's still apparently so strong that the game engine can't handle it. According to someone else, this glitch has been around since Fallout, as well...

Well, I can say this, I wish I got into game pass for this one instead of forking over $100 to play it early. Beat it in 60 hours and have largely lost interest. I’ll mod it to shit and give it another go after some time however.

I've been playing some Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova and it made me think it would be interesting if there were 4x aspects to outposts and star systems in Starfield. You could battle factions for control of systems and resources and actually build your own empire. Maybe a sim settlements like fallout 4 but this would 4x settlements.

I've been playing some Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova and it made me think it would be interesting if there were 4x aspects to outposts and star systems in Starfield. You could battle factions for control of systems and resources and actually build your own empire. Maybe a sim settlements like fallout 4 but this would 4x settlements.
I've been having a really good time with GCIV:Supernova! How do you like it ?

I've actually been eyeing Space Engineers since..... 2013 when it was in EA.

After Starfield's ship-building, I literally checked Space Engineers store page on Steam last night thinking "hmmm this might be coo....". But then, I saw the DLC list..

It's not quite Paradox Games-level of DLC exploitation but damn is it A LOT lol

(For example, Warhammer 40K: Gladius got me good with their various race DLC's but at least *ahem* I was able to find some deep discounts through alternative vendors)
Space Engineers is now on sale on Steam for 75% off, FYI. 35% for the Ultimate Edition

Messing around in xEdit I made my first mods tonight.

I set Olympus to level 75 (it's normally level 10 I think?). And I also modified the Commerce Perk to increase prices by 1000x.

Starfield_Mod1.png

Starfield_Mod2.png

Still has only been one patch? Was hoping for the patch with official DLSS support to be out by now.

Back