Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

That thing has like 1" of clearance on both sides if landing in a hangar

Yeah, and in VTOL it has nearly 0 forward thrust, W and space are needed along with boosting just to keep its fat ass in the air... you steer by pitch. Fucking NIGHTMARE.

But it prints money.

I just tried cargo for the first time, man is that stressful. Both loading zones had activity and I had a random guy run up the ramp of my Carrack. Luckily he left without incident.

I have done *zero* mining, or reading up on the changes, or anything similar. I havent mined since forever ago. I did pilot my Mole for some guys, but thats the extent since the latest changes.

I suppose I should probably learn something on it, seeing as Im in a mining/salvage/repair squad for my org and we do a lot of mining. I just prefer flying, and love to be a pilot of larger multi crew ships... hence why I own multiple larger ships like the Polaris, Galaxy, HH, and Carrack.
I crashed my cat into a planet the first time I tried to bring it into Hurston from space assuming it would slow down somewhat, and ever since, I have learned and worked excessively hard to be a great pilot for the larger ships. I dont want to fire guns, I dont want to mine, I dont want to salvage.... I just want to fly, and for other people to feel safe when Im doing it.
What all did they change on mining?

What all did they change on mining?
Everything. Lancet is the worst mining head, all others are pretty much viable. Passive modules mostly don’t get lost on claim now so they are viable. Quant is super rare, so it’s better to target tier 1 and tier 2 minerals and just get as many loads in as possible. Gadgets are viable again. Rocks can be huge, like multiple moles huge.

There’s probably more that I am forgetting but basically everything is different.

Yeah, and in VTOL it has nearly 0 forward thrust, W and space are needed along with boosting just to keep its fat ass in the air... you steer by pitch. Fucking NIGHTMARE.

But it prints money.

I use dual sticks, so I dont really have much issue with fine control like this. Twist my left hand to the right a little bit and forward, easy peasy.
I've also found that if you have gear down, and are worried about momentum in the last bit of landing, just plonk it down hard and fast, youll rarely bounce back up, and never damage yourself on a legit landing surface. Ive done this in everything from Auroras to A2s and everthing between (The A/C/M 2 are not as easy, due to their rear landing gear and tendency to tip nose - you have to pull back when you slam down with thrusters or the cockpit will pitch into the pad)
I use this when landing medim/large ships in the station hangars that you pull into instead of land down in - move in, and rather than approach the last bit at very slow, I move in relatively quickly and time my down thrust that I land relatively centered and use the landing to stop forward movement. Found this frustrates me less than doing it the other way and works out awesomely. Looks pretty bitchin too.

BassTek yeah, cargo can be pretty stressy... thats why if you actually look to run it as a real "job", youll really want a buddy or orgmate to provide armed guard and turret gunner for some peace of mind and crash protection - they will keep your ship alive if you get DCd so you dont lose that cargo of 500k.
Otherwise I would run small "cargo" amounts - primarily contraband, and outfit yourself with the weapons and armor to feel safe enough in the dangerous areas those are in.

Last edited:
I use dual sticks, so I dont really have much issue with fine control like this. Twist my left hand to the right a little bit and forward, easy peasy.
I've also found that if you have gear down, and are worried about momentum in the last bit of landing, just plonk it down hard and fast, youll rarely bounce back up, and never damage yourself on a legit landing surface. Ive done this in everything from Auroras to A2s and everthing between (The A/C/M 2 are not as easy, due to their rear landing gear and tendency to tip nose - you have to pull back when you slam down with thrusters or the cockpit will pitch into the pad)
I use this when landing medim/large ships in the station hangars that you pull into instead of land down in - move in, and rather than approach the last bit at very slow, I move in relatively quickly and time my down thrust that I land relatively centered and use the landing to stop forward movement. Found this frustrates me less than doing it the other way and works out awesomely. Looks pretty bitchin too.

BassTek yeah, cargo can be pretty stressy... thats why if you actually look to run it as a real "job", youll really want a buddy or orgmate to provide armed guard and turret gunner for some peace of mind and crash protection - they will keep your ship alive if you get DCd so you dont lose that cargo of 500k.
Otherwise I would run small "cargo" amounts - primarily contraband, and outfit yourself with the weapons and armor to feel safe enough in the dangerous areas those are in.

When I get a reclaimer you're flying it lol. Full share. But I'm telling you, I've flown A2, C2, Connie, even a friends Carrack. There is nothing that flies like the reclaimer. It feels like it should never be in Atmo if it can help it.

Everything. Lancet is the worst mining head, all others are pretty much viable. Passive modules mostly don’t get lost on claim now so they are viable. Quant is super rare, so it’s better to target tier 1 and tier 2 minerals and just get as many loads in as possible. Gadgets are viable again. Rocks can be huge, like multiple moles huge.

There’s probably more that I am forgetting but basically everything is different.
Wow. Ok. Well that's going to change things - still print money, or is it much more middle-of-the-road? I soloed a mole through 3.16/17 because of quant mining (heh) and made millions.

Wow. Ok. Well that's going to change things - still print money, or is it much more middle-of-the-road? I soloed a mole through 3.16/17 because of quant mining (heh) and made millions.
It's more middle of the road I think, but it's also way easier. I just sold 4 loads with a Mole and averaged about 230k/load. Unfortunately I didn't time them, but I basically mine the first few rocks I see each run then head back since almost every rock has at least a Tier 2 material which is just under 3k/SCU. Tier 1 is around 7k/SCU and Quant is around 23k/SCU but I have yet to see any. Also without gadgets it's harder to get a clean break on each rock so you will have some garbage Tier 3 material (less than 500/SCU) or inert material so getting a pure cargo hold full of decent material is tough.

I still enjoy it though, I might start dual boxing so I can increase my efficiency and/or so I can go after slightly bigger rocks.

It's more middle of the road I think, but it's also way easier. I just sold 4 loads with a Mole and averaged about 230k/load. Unfortunately I didn't time them, but I basically mine the first few rocks I see each run then head back since almost every rock has at least a Tier 2 material which is just under 3k/SCU. Tier 1 is around 7k/SCU and Quant is around 23k/SCU but I have yet to see any. Also without gadgets it's harder to get a clean break on each rock so you will have some garbage Tier 3 material (less than 500/SCU) or inert material so getting a pure cargo hold full of decent material is tough.

I still enjoy it though, I might start dual boxing so I can increase my efficiency and/or so I can go after slightly bigger rocks.

I've honestly thought of dual boxing lately. Still loving the salvage gameplay. Supposed to get a video from CIG tomorrow showcasing some of the CLAAAWWW gameplay with hull munching. I'm enjoying it so much I'm really kicking around the thought of pledging a reclaimer because I'm gonna hate to be without it after the wipe. I tried the vulture during the freefly, and I honestly prefer soloing in the reclaimer. It needs a bunch of polish, but if it had a T2 bed it would be my home.

I've also started DDing an A2 as nutty as that sounds. I parked my C8R, an URSA, and a Cyclone in the hold, tons and tons of shared storage and weapon racks. When I'm doing bunkers with friends it's the go-to for sure.

I've honestly thought of dual boxing lately. Still loving the salvage gameplay. Supposed to get a video from CIG tomorrow showcasing some of the CLAAAWWW gameplay with hull munching. I'm enjoying it so much I'm really kicking around the thought of pledging a reclaimer because I'm gonna hate to be without it after the wipe. I tried the vulture during the freefly, and I honestly prefer soloing in the reclaimer. It needs a bunch of polish, but if it had a T2 bed it would be my home.

I've also started DDing an A2 as nutty as that sounds. I parked my C8R, an URSA, and a Cyclone in the hold, tons and tons of shared storage and weapon racks. When I'm doing bunkers with friends it's the go-to for sure.
Dual boxing is pretty viable if you have two systems that can run the game. I tried it during free fly and it helped with mining, especially now that there are rocks that require 2+ lasers to break. I could see it being useful with salvage as well.

I’m mostly done with mining this patch as I switched to cargo hauling in a C2, but I might try it again post wipe.

It’s fun daily driving big ships. I did that with an 890 back in 3.17.5 and do it once in a while with a Carrack this patch.

Now they add PTU tiered access and subscriptions. What a joke to milk even more money. Might as well charge me rent for the game to be on my SSD too.
Im amazed they are still getting more money from people. And with 12 years of work so far and the only date ive heard so far is 2027 for release, there is a lot more to milk.

everyone is so heavily focused on the concierge and sub access. I think its a good change being based on playtime to get earlier waves. Makes sense. DOn't need wave 1 full of people who do nothing but log in for an hour never to be seen again.

everyone is so heavily focused on the concierge and sub access. I think its a good change being based on playtime to get earlier waves. Makes sense. DOn't need wave 1 full of people who do nothing but log in for an hour never to be seen again.

I have had the same thought. I do precisely zero testing - why do I get access to the first or second wave just because I have spent a ton of money on other things unrelated to PTU and this provide absolutely no benefit for them to allow me access?

I might have installed and played on a PTU a grand total of two hours in several years. This is a great move to prevent overflow of the system with lookie-loos who do nothing but slow it all down.

Now they add PTU tiered access and subscriptions. What a joke to milk even more money. Might as well charge me rent for the game to be on my SSD too.

Or, and stick with me here...... you *play the game* and are *rewarded access for free because you ACTUALLY play the game*

People who have to pay, have no right using the PTU as they clearly dont use it for a lot of playtime, or actual testing - or they would have free access based on playtime in the actual live server.
so, you can either earn free access by playing and being useful, or continue the pay to win aspect of SC that people like to rip on by paying for what you didnt earn - I dont see any change here.

Now seriously, do you guys not find it troubling at all that it is 11/2015 and they have nothing to show of SQ42 to one of the biggest gaming magazines besides editor shots and marketing talk? A big and complex game that is supposed to come out in 2016 and they have nothing working to show of it. Is your devotion so blind that you can just brush away and justify any and all warning signs and come out with a positive justification for anything? Or do you just not care how much money, time and broken promises it will take to get it out? Can CIG seriously do no wrong in your eyes?
Jesus Christ, I got blocked and called a troll for voicing serious doubts and pointing out all the glaring issues with this sham back then, an now I've realized it's almost A DECADE later and nothing has changed!

Jesus Christ, I got blocked and called a troll for voicing serious doubts and pointing out all the glaring issues with this sham back then, an now I've realized it's almost A DECADE later and nothing has changed!

I got banned from posting on their forums for 10 years for something similar back in 2013! Jokes on them, here we are 10 years later and this pos still hasn't released! Gonna go in there and shitpost about it and have the last laugh.

lol logged on after years away and still NPC's standing on top of railings and furniture doing absolutely nothing. Like nothing has changed.
Well if that's your measure for a good game you'll be excited to know that it is fixed in 3.20.

🤷 I like the game. I have a bunch of fun in it. Play nearly every night with a couple friends. Every new thing getting added just makes it better and more to do.

but but but scam!

Stop liking things I dont like!!! 😡

Look, we cant convince the shitposters that the game is anything but a scam, so its easier not to try any more. Ill continue to get my hundreds of hours of entertainment each year while watching the game grow and enjoying it more by the patch, and they can stay angry and butthurt over imagined issues all they want with no end in sight.
You saw the one who clearly has no idea what hes angry about make false statements about the PTU change, that should be the most recent reminder that they dont know anything and dont really care.

but but but scam!

Stop liking things I dont like!!! 😡

Look, we cant convince the shitposters that the game is anything but a scam, so its easier not to try any more. Ill continue to get my hundreds of hours of entertainment each year while watching the game grow and enjoying it more by the patch, and they can stay angry and butthurt over imagined issues all they want with no end in sight.
You saw the one who clearly has no idea what hes angry about make false statements about the PTU change, that should be the most recent reminder that they dont know anything and dont really care.

Gotta agree. I'm writing this, alt tabbed from running bunkers in the Carrack I bought last night :D

Whats your name in game? I'll show you around. We can do any gameplay you want to try ;)
Some of us didn't get conned ;) and watched sheep get fleeced, then deciding not to do so ourselves. I can witness someone get burnt and know the fire is hot without touching it myself. Also, I don't comingle my forums with my gaming.

Some of us didn't get conned ;) and watched sheep get fleeced, then deciding not to do so ourselves. I can witness someone get burnt and know the fire is hot without touching it myself. Also, I don't comingle my forums with my gaming.

So.... you, like others, have no actual knowledge of the game state or what it has to offer, just the same tired lies.

I rest my case.

And relapse808 , you indeed made baseless claims that were 100% false less than a page ago, and dont even have the humility to admit you made stuff up when called on it. I bet I could dig up half a dozen provably false statements you have made with little effort in here. Stop making things up to try and support your blind hatred.
Its perfectly fine to just say "I dont like the game and never will" instead of falsifying reasons.

So.... you, like others, have no actual knowledge of the game state or what it has to offer, just the same tired lies.

I rest my case.

And relapse808 , you indeed made baseless claims that were 100% false less than a page ago, and dont even have the humility to admit you made stuff up when called on it. I bet I could dig up half a dozen provably false statements you have made with little effort in here. Stop making things up to try and support your blind hatred.
Its perfectly fine to just say "I dont like the game and never will" instead of falsifying reasons.
There are plenty of gameplay videos to peruse that show exactly what the state of the "game" is. It's still no more than an experimental sandbox with a litany of technical issues, not to mention no structure that one could confuse with a game. What can you do besides random activities? Is there a goal that you're trying to achieve? Does that goal have any impact on your character in the game aside from acquiring more "stuff?"

Back