Sli supposed to do this?

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
It's stupidly hot in my room, and I'm trying to play BC2, but my GPU in Card #1 gets stupidly hot 90C+, causing crashes etc. While the other card stays around 60C. Is this normal?

Yes, it is common for one to be much hotter than the other especially if they are right next to each other. Airflow is impacted and then you have the heat rising from the "bottom" cards as well.

What is ambient temp in your room? What is ambient temp in your case?

Need to get you some better airflow.

I'm not sure what to do about it, maybe my fans aren't pulling enough air, or maybe it's just too hot and I'll play oblivion until I get my ac in. My room does get very hot, I can't even sleep in it during the day (I work nights.

The case should have good airflow it's an antec nine hundred. That's one of the reasons I bought it. I guess I could go watercooled route, but it hardly seems worth it with this PC that will be 3 years old this november.

That temp difference is not normal. It is normal that the top card runs hotter since heat rises, but 30C implies the second card is not under load.
Did you enable the 3D indicator in NV control Panel? It would show if you are running SLI in that game and how well it's scaling.

Back