SiN Episodes available for Pre-Load

Yup. Thats what I'm saying. I don't trust Steam to do anything else while its doing its thing.

How am I wasting my time? I have two computers. When Steam is doing its thing I surf the web. Or I read. Yeah, read. Like a book or a magazine. Right now I'm reading the Oblivion Strategy guide. Therese some really neat stuff in it.

Moose777 said:
Thats what I thought. But couldn't confirm it myself. Going on 4 hours on updating sIn 1, sIn 1 Multiplayer and sIn 1 Episode and only at 61% of install.

This is why I sometimes hate Steam.

And I thought it would be a 15-30 minute process and I'd get in a game of Oblivion too. But I was wrong. I don't trust Steam enough to do anything else while its doing its thing.
The SiN servers are capped at like 100kb/s...just stop the preload if you want to play sin 1, because you are not gonna be playing emergence for a whole month.

It didn't finish DLing updating until 7pm last night. I started at 1pm. I waited 6 hours for it to finish. I took a nap. Read the Oblivion Strategy Guide. Watched the Incredibles, surfed the 'net. Went down to my shop did some transmission work.

Then when I came bcak it was done. I started playing it got about 5 minutes into it and decided to go play Oblivion. I mainly got it because of the new episode.

Moose777 said:
It didn't finish DLing updating until 7pm last night. I started at 1pm. I waited 6 hours for it to finish. I took a nap. Read the Oblivion Strategy Guide. Watched the Incredibles, surfed the 'net. Went down to my shop did some transmission work.

Then when I came bcak it was done. I started playing it got about 5 minutes into it and decided to go play Oblivion. I mainly got it because of the new episode.
if you get stuck with shitty DL rates on steam, close it and open it again. You can check to see what server you have, and where in the world it is. If its really slow, chances its a european server.

I thought about closing it then relogging in but ti comes back down to that trust thing.

I'm too afraid to close it because I don't know if Gabe Newell is on the rag at the time I close it. He might take it as an act of theft and shut my account down. I know it sounds rediculous, and maybe it is. But I just don't have faith in Steam. Its never done me wrong. But I don't ever want to take a chance or give it a reason to think I'm stealing.

Moose777 said:
I thought about closing it then relogging in but ti comes back down to that trust thing.

I'm too afraid to close it because I don't know if Gabe Newell is on the rag at the time I close it. He might take it as an act of theft and shut my account down. I know it sounds rediculous, and maybe it is. But I just don't have faith in Steam. Its never done me wrong. But I don't ever want to take a chance or give it a reason to think I'm stealing.
If you signed off steam, it would be just like rebooting right? How is VALVe going to ban you for rebooting? Dude, I've got steam and many games installed at work and at home and at buddies houses. I have probably 4 or 5 computers that I use steam to game on regularly. You can even log on and play at two different locations simultaneously. I dont think steam cares of you continue your DL later ;)

I just realized how awful HL2's graphics look compared to Oblivion.. wow. Amazing how fast games look dated

Sin1 was fun though!

itsmikey said:
I just realized how awful HL2's graphics look compared to Oblivion.. wow. Amazing how fast games look dated

Sin1 was fun though!
:confused: Am I the only one who's still in awe of the Source engine? god some people are hard to please.

HighwayAssassins said:
If you signed off steam, it would be just like rebooting right? How is VALVe going to ban you for rebooting? Dude, I've got steam and many games installed at work and at home and at buddies houses. I have probably 4 or 5 computers that I use steam to game on regularly. You can even log on and play at two different locations simultaneously. I dont think steam cares of you continue your DL later ;)
I know they won't see it as anything bad. I just don't trust it. I'll use it but it doesn't mean I trust it. And yes, I know my logic is flawed with this. But its how I feel.

CKMorpheus said:
:confused: Am I the only one who's still in awe of the Source engine? god some people are hard to please.

nah, some people just don't notice that haveing plastic looking games isn't what its all about ;) Serously thou, the normal mapping in hl2 personally I think is done the right way, look at the antlions, damn man, thats some hawt normal mapping (I will give MS that kudos thou, the Antlion normalmap was created by a guy on the dx team after they heard that hl2 might not include bump mapping at all, just to show them thet the way they were mapping(bump/normal) was wrong, and that there engine works fine and mapping looks amazing, when done properly (ala not Doom3/Fear/Oblivian Plastic)

It's too bad that they're just now doing this. I wanted to play through the first one when I pre-ordered. But, now Oblivion is occupying every gaming moment I have... :)

HighwayAssassins said:
Ive DLed it and started playing it for the first time. You have to get past the shitty graphics and the numerous bugs (mostly cosmetic, like bullet shells falling to the floor and turning into large triangles...) But I find it similar to HL1 in alot of ways, but this game is more of an arcade shooter than HL. Also, it reminds me alot of an urban Far Cry...but Ive only played an hour or so...

they actually had sin the arcade game at the FYE near me before they closed the arcade. It was a deathmatch game and the bots were pretty good all though i was like 11 (did this come out in 97?) and i was just getting into video games. I'm 20 now and I look back at SiN as one of my all time favorite games just because it was basically nonstop shooting and it had vehicles in it.

Anyone know how long, game play wise, each episode is supposed to be? worth the 17.95 per episode?

So technically..the game is finished and those that preloaded(I did)are just waiting for it to be activated??

Back