SiN Episodes available for Pre-Load

Bop

2[H]4U
I just preordered my copy and I'm preloading it now, I can't wait :)

"Who are you supposed to be, Barney Miller?" :D

probably a stupid question but wonder if theres gonna be a demo for this.. hate to spend money and not really know what Im getting.

I have been waiting for this since I first heard about it. I loved the original SiN and hope this one is good too. And the fact that it is on Steam is a bonus.

If you buy it now, you will get 10% off as well as SiN 1 and SiN Multiplayer to play immediatly!

Could you guys fill me in on this one? Is it a Half Life spinoff, or a seperate story?

Need details please. :)

You guys always speak anxiously about it, so maybe I need to preload too. ;)

Rich Tate said:
Could you guys fill me in on this one? Is it a Half Life spinoff, or a seperate story?

Need details please. :)

You guys always speak anxiously about it, so maybe I need to preload too. ;)
Completely different, except it uses the Source engine and will be distrobuted through steam.

Dont confuse it with HL2: Episode 1 which is coming out in the same month.

Sin was a very unique and awesome game. It was overshadowed by Half Life obviously and even Quake 2 to an extent, so it never made the big bang it wanted to. What it was however, was a greatly enjoyable experience that was unique and brought some fresh idea's to fps'.

I never played the originals but this game looks pretty good. Too bad Steam thinks I stole my own credit card and won't let me pre-order it. *sigh* I hate living overseas sometimes. :(

phobic said:
Too bad Steam thinks I stole my own credit card and won't let me pre-order it. *sigh* I hate living overseas sometimes. :(
That's pretty funny. Sorry to hear that though.

This game looks interesting, but I think i'll wait for reviews to start hitting to make my decision.

It looks silly. The damn trailer reminds me of that pos leisure suite Larry MCL. Why does game developers have to be such geeks. Girls with silicon boobs oh that hasn´t been done before. I think you can judge a games quality if the animators have even cared about making the boobs bounch so this will probably suck. The trailer starts with you laying down and staring up on the damn things and some really crappy dialogue :rolleyes:

oqvist said:
It looks silly. The damn trailer reminds me of that pos leisure suite Larry MCL. Why does game developers have to be such geeks. Girls with silicon boobs oh that hasn´t been done before. I think you can judge a games quality if the animators have even cared about making the boobs bounch so this will probably suck. The trailer starts with you laying down and staring up on the damn things and some really crappy dialogue :rolleyes:

Yeah, of course the game will suck because of the silicone boobs...

It's f***ing SiN, go play the first one. The game is supposed to have cheesy dialouge, it is what made the first game so fun. At the time they spent a bit making Elexis have giant boobs but it was still a great game... geeze you act like developers aren't allowed to put any eye candy at all in a game.

On another subject, did anyone realize Blade pulled a reverse Michael Jackson? In the first game he sure as hell looked like a white dude, maybe his hair caught on fire and he had to get some surgery.

Rich, here is the original game's website: http://www.ritual.com/sin/index2.html
It is a must play game, almost as good as the original Half-Life but it was overshadowed by its popularity.

Does anyone know if you get updated graphics with the original Sin, when you buy it from steam?

Bop said:
Rich, here is the original game's website: http://www.ritual.com/sin/index2.html
It is a must play game, almost as good as the original Half-Life but it was overshadowed by its popularity.
Ive DLed it and started playing it for the first time. You have to get past the shitty graphics and the numerous bugs (mostly cosmetic, like bullet shells falling to the floor and turning into large triangles...) But I find it similar to HL1 in alot of ways, but this game is more of an arcade shooter than HL. Also, it reminds me alot of an urban Far Cry...but Ive only played an hour or so...

martinje said:
Does anyone know if you get updated graphics with the original Sin, when you buy it from steam?
I never played the first so i cant know for sure, but I dont think so.

Any idea how many playable hours come with this first episode ?

HighwayAssassins said:
I was wondering the same, but I think I have heard its fairly long.

Supposedly 5-6 hours.(which is how long it took me to beat GRAW, except I had to pay $40 more :( )

HighwayAssassins said:
oh shit, i thought you were talking about SiN 1.

The first episode has 6-8 hours i think.
it says 3-6 hours. i hate to pay $20 for that.

trek554 said:
it says 3-6 hours. i hate to pay $20 for that.

Where do you see this? If it's really 3-6 hours, I'm glad I didn't get charged.

qbert3 said:
I cant imagine anyone being upset over $20 for 3-6 hours...
well this is how i look at it. there will be 9 episodes. thats $180 for 27-54 hours. that aint cheap. i paid under $20 each for every full length game i own except for HL2 and HL2 included several other games. yes i bought my games after all their hype died down. hopefully they will charge $10 for the rest of the episodes.

Bop said:
Yeah, of course the game will suck because of the silicone boobs...

It's f***ing SiN, go play the first one. The game is supposed to have cheesy dialouge, it is what made the first game so fun. At the time they spent a bit making Elexis have giant boobs but it was still a great game... geeze you act like developers aren't allowed to put any eye candy at all in a game.

On another subject, did anyone realize Blade pulled a reverse Michael Jackson? In the first game he sure as hell looked like a white dude, maybe his hair caught on fire and he had to get some surgery.

The problem is I am not a dorky 13 year old anymore so it doesn´t appeal to me. If large boobs is all Sin has to come with then yes I don´t think it´s for me.

I rather wait for Duke Nukem Forever for cheezy dialogue ;)

$19.95 and you get the original game? Thats actually a pretty sweet deal. Espeicially since I've been trying to play the original game for a while now.

Have they changed anything in the original game? I'm going to preload when I get home today.

oqvist said:
The problem is I am not a dorky 13 year old anymore so it doesn´t appeal to me. If large boobs is all Sin has to come with then yes I don´t think it´s for me.

I rather wait for Duke Nukem Forever for cheezy dialogue ;)

If SiN was a bad game with just large boobs, like Bloodrayne, I would agree with you. But it is a great game and Episodes is probably going to be better so just because it has things like that does not automatically mean it is a bad game made for 13 year olds.

Moose777 said:
$19.95 and you get the original game? Thats actually a pretty sweet deal. Espeicially since I've been trying to play the original game for a while now.

Have they changed anything in the original game? I'm going to preload when I get home today.
$17.95 with the 10% preload discount.

Preloading now.

I really need to back-up all my games.

On a side note its nice to see Ritual give you the cheat codes. Yes, I cheated on the origianl sIn and I plan to this time.

On Ritual's website. They list all the cheat codes for hte original sIn. Makes it easier to find rather than hunt them down.

Moose777 said:
On Ritual's website. They list all the cheat codes for hte original sIn. Makes it easier to find rather than hunt them down.
nice. I noticed that simple commands like 'god' and 'noclip' work, even though the cheat list shows different commands

I'm still waiting for it to update. I DLed it at 1pm EST and its now 3:20pm EST. I'm only at 40% of my preload and update. DSL sucks.

So, does sIn 1 use the HL2 engine?

Thats what I thought. But couldn't confirm it myself. Going on 4 hours on updating sIn 1, sIn 1 Multiplayer and sIn 1 Episode and only at 61% of install.

This is why I sometimes hate Steam.

And I thought it would be a 15-30 minute process and I'd get in a game of Oblivion too. But I was wrong. I don't trust Steam enough to do anything else while its doing its thing.

Moose777 said:
I don't trust Steam enough to do anything else while its doing its thing.

That's silly. Steam is designed to download in the background. You're saying you don't do anything while it's downloading? You're just wasting your time then. Tell it to download and do whatever you want. Go play Oblivion. It won't affect the download.

Back