Silverstone SST-SX600-G 600w Gold SFX

Alternate in Germany now says delivery time unknown (was "Lieferung bis 17.09.14" ie 17th September).

I've ordered one anyway :)

Last edited:
Just an update, we did encounter a couple of problems during initial production of SX600-G so we only had very limited quantities available from this batch. All were already spoken for by our system integrator customers so you won't be seeing SX600-G for a while yet in retail channels.

Please Tony send a piece to JonnyGURU.

Sure, we've been sending PSUs to them even before there was a JonnyGURU website:

SilverStone ST65ZF review by JonnyGURU at SLCentral

Just an update, we did encounter a couple of problems during initial production of SX600-G so we only had very limited quantities available from this batch. All were already spoken for by our system integrator customers so you won't be seeing SX600-G for a while yet in retail channels
Nooooo...

Any word on the SX500-LG, or is the 600W part taking priority?

Damn! Later than September ? Moving to a new country and would love to take my sugo with me :)

Just an update, we did encounter a couple of problems during initial production of SX600-G so we only had very limited quantities available from this batch. All were already spoken for by our system integrator customers so you won't be seeing SX600-G for a while yet in retail channels.

]

Is that weeks or months? :(

Is that weeks or months? :(

The shop I ordered from has quoted me expected delivery 24th July, but I see the follow message in my order overview:

Order sent to external supplier.
Your order has been forwarded and will be sent directly by our supplier to your address. Because of this direct delivery you will receive no further updates or send message.

So I think the date given is just a guess, and it looks like I won't get a tracking number.

Because of this direct delivery you will receive no further updates or send message.

Means you'll get yours after the big guys get done building their Steam Machines :rolleyes:

Just another stall tactic to get the large pool of M1 v2 buyers to again get stuck buying the old 450W.. and then upgrade to the new 600W a few months later. Clears out old inventory without running discounts, with a high probability of double sales from us nerds.

the large pool of M1 v2 buyers...

1386030963146.jpg

I will just leave that here free for interpretation ...

Because there's probably a huge group of potential sfx buyers that will (or ever will) have a Titan Z! Most humoristic BS reason ever, or if it actually is the truth, it's the most tragic reason ever. :rolleyes:

But ok, maybe Alienware are crazy enough. Nobody else in their right mind would sell a Steambox with a Titan Z. :p

Because there's probably a huge group of potential sfx buyers that will (or ever will) have a Titan Z! Most humoristic BS reason ever, or if it actually is the truth, it's the most tragic reason ever. :rolleyes:

But ok, maybe Alienware are crazy enough. Nobody else in their right mind would sell a Steambox with a Titan Z. :p

Well, there might be some system integrators / builders who are interested in offering top of the line SFF builds.
The Titan Z currently the most powerful GPU on the Marktet that can be powered with a 600 Watt PSU ;)

Well, there might be some system integrators / builders who are interested in offering top of the line SFF builds.
The Titan Z currently the most powerful GPU on the Marktet that can be powered with a 600 Watt PSU ;)

Yes, and as I say, the potential group of buyers must be huge. 2 people in the entire world? Probably worth delaying the release only for that. :cool:

<Tom Cruise laughing pic>

And what's so funny? In the grand scheme of things, 300+ plus whatever additional units they ordered for backstock isn't all too shabby for a single run of a niche product that takes a niche PSU.

Aren't most of the larger-scale SFF builders using 1U PSUs, outboard, or full ATX? Was just wondering where this sudden demand for SFX by "system integrators" was coming from. What company do you know of that has an immediate need for SFX PSUs that will be far greater than the instant demand of the M1 v2 buyers (plus the hundreds of v1 buyers that held off their builds for this or are wanting to upgrade) within the next month or two?

I will just leave that here free for interpretation ...
http://i.imgur.com/hvrxbVq.png

Now that actually seems logical. Might not be a lot of Titanball Z's sold, but the ability for them to say that their tiny PSU supports one is golden. Thanks for the info!

I hope you guys can see why we don't like to offer estimated retail launch date until we are absolutely sure they are available to purchase by you guys. Hiccups like the one described by my colleague above sometimes happen when launching a brand new product. And I do mean "brand new" in that the SX600-G is not just a rehash or evolution of an older product, it has an all new platform that no one else had attempted before.

While most users won't be using something like the Titan Z in their build (then a ST45SF-G would have been enough), knowing that it will work with one ensures that future cards with similar power draw can be supported as well.

By the way, check out this new 650W SFX announced by our distributor in Japan under their own brand:
Dirac TESLA CUBE SFX 650W

We were quite surprised by this newly announced 650W as we thought we are at least a year ahead of everyone on the development of 600W+ SFX PSU. Though we no longer have the highest wattage model now, we are still happy to see that more brands are joining us in promoting this form factor into the retail channel!

I hope you guys can see why we don't like to offer estimated retail launch date until we are absolutely sure they are available to purchase by you guys.

Of course. But once your product page went up, and the pre-orders became available, it should be expected that people will be wanting an ETA.

Thanks for the update and Dirac info, and please let us know if you get any further information on consumer availability. Ballpark ETAs, questionable delays, and random guesses are all welcome :D

While my gripe with the Titan Z is it's insane price, if combined with a proper case design, it might work like it's almost open-air. Basically you'd want it to be in it's own compartment with it hugging the outer shell with minimal restriction for the inlet and outlet. I guess it's all feasible as long as the card has some wiggle room.

By the way, check out this new 650W SFX announced by our distributor in Japan under their own brand:
(W)125mm-(D)120mm-(H)63.5mm isn't SFX, it's 20mm longer. So it's "out of spec". No worries Tony, still the performance crown on Watt/Liter :)

Because there's probably a huge group of potential sfx buyers that will (or ever will) have a Titan Z!

From the perspective of a gamer or home PC enthusiast on a modest salary, the Titan Z seems excessively priced.

But there is the CAD market of well over 20 million users globally. Most businesses would not blink an eye to pay $4000 for users to have a Quadro K6000 in their desktop. The Titan Z is cheaper and faster (although hotter and more power hungry). Some businesses may be interested in this card, and also want a small footprint case. If Silverstone can advertise the ML07 or FTZ01 as not only able to fit, but also able to power a Titan Z, that's worth sales.

There's also a surprisingly large market of wealthy people who just want the best of and price isn't a consideration. Boutique builders like Digital Storm and Origin sell a lot of pre made PCs to this market, and these are likely the system integrator partners that Tony is talking about. If they are making last minute changes to the SX600-G then the partners have likely argued to Silverstone that there is a significant market of people who do want a Titan Z in a small case.

If you go to Origin's site, the second item on the carousel is:

The World's Smallest
4K Gaming PC
CHRONOS Micro-Tower With TITAN Z Features

Small and Slim Micro-Tower Design
4K-Gaming Ready
Dual-GPUs In a Single Graphics Card
12 GB of GDDR5 Memory
ORIGIN PC Professional CPU and GPU Overclocking
ORIGIN PC FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed-Liquid Cooling

So I clicked on build-your-own Chronos Pro and chose in the Titan Z and SX600-G as options. Clicked everything high end, and it came to $7000 with estimated ship date of August 1st :D

So I clicked on build-your-own Chronos Pro and chose in the Titan Z and SX600-G as options. Clicked everything high end, and it came to $7000 with estimated ship date of August 1st :D

Well now we know where those first SX600-Gs are heading :p
______

@ TonyOU
if you still have one of those non-Titan-Z-compatible SX600-Gs laying around, I would be happy to take one :p

Boutique builders like Digital Storm and Origin sell a lot of pre made PCs to this market, and these are likely the system integrator partners that Tony is talking about.

Configured with a Titan Z, pricing starts at around $4,000 (or around $1,700 without a Titan Z) and includes an Intel foundation and 600W Silverstone power supply.

Yup, that makes sense, since Silverstone will be gaining a sale of both case and PSU (unless a particular Chronos is configured with a Hadron or other case). It's just very hard to believe the market for $4k+ console-sized boutique builds would be in much greater numbers than the demand from us individual SFF builders.

Whatever, though.. as long as Silverstone has these large SI orders locked in, then more power to them I guess :)

Complaining about availability of a product that's not even out yet seems a bit excessive to me...

Obviously it's a big selling point saying "we have a psu capable of handling any single GPU setup in the world", I'd rather prefer having them fixing whatever is needed now then waiting for v2 v3 or even worse by lying on their customer like most companies do.

Having said that, I need this PSU asap! :D

It's just very hard to believe the market for $4k+ console-sized boutique builds would be in much greater numbers than the demand from us individual SFF builders.

Out of all my friends and family only one other person builds his own PC. Yet everyone except my Grandma has a computer or two or three. It's clear to me at least that we are in the minority as self-builders. Although whether retail channel makes as much turnover for Silverstone as the system integrator channel, only Tony can tell you.

I saw this over in the M1 thread first, and after looking at the pictures, thought to myself... that looks an awful lot like the same manufacturer as the ST45SF-G! Same folds, same grille perforations, same screws. Makes me feel less conspiratorial to have Tony confirm it!

It's a shame that Dirac were only able to bump the fan size up to a 92mm. Still, perhaps Tony needs to have a chat with them about SFX vs SFX-L...

We were quite surprised by this newly announced 650W as we thought we are at least a year ahead of everyone on the development of 600W+ SFX PSU. Though we no longer have the highest wattage model now, we are still happy to see that more brands are joining us in promoting this form factor into the retail channel!

Tony, if you decide to develop a 650W SFX-L unit, could you put 4 x 6+2 PCIe connectors on it, please? That would open up some interesting SFF mATX possibilities.

It's just very hard to believe the market for $4k+ console-sized boutique builds would be in much greater numbers than the demand from us individual SFF builders.

Surprisingly there seems to be plenty of people out there willing to blow lots of money on a boutique system:

The Nvidia GeForce Titan is our #1 selling graphics card by far – despite it being the most expensive,” Reeves reveals. “What’s more, our customer for this card is actually buying an average of 1.3 Titans per PC. In other words, a huge number of them are buying two and even three of these monster GPUs in a single system.

-Kelt Reeves, founder of Falcon Northwest

Source Incidentally, Silverstone is the ODM for their cases.

92mm? That's very interesting. Very interesting indeed. But I guess it isn't 25mm thick. Oh how I hate slim fans.

dir1.jpg

Looks like 15mm to me in this image, by the blade thickness on the bottom left.

Actually I can't really tell.

Last edited:

Judging from the font used on the warranty and QA stickers, this is also manufactured by Enhance?

It says 80Plus on the box, but Dirac are not listed at Ecova. Nor is there an Underwriters Laboratory mark that I can see.

Out of all my friends and family only one other person builds his own PC. Yet everyone except my Grandma has a computer or two or three. It's clear to me at least that we are in the minority as self-builders.

Gotta get Grams a FNW Fragbox or something! :p

And yeah, same here. I only know one other person that rolls their own, but.. everyone else I know is still buying Dells and big name general-usage PCs, not custom boutique builds (let alone custom-ordered SFF gaming builds). Still think that particular sub-market is even smaller than us SFF self-builders.

Really hard to say for sure, but would be something interesting to find out ;)

Are we able to order this and get it shipped state-side?

Are there reviews on this unit on how loud and efficent this PSU is?

It should fit in the M1 without any problems like the GPU length restriction right?

Gotta get Grams a FNW Fragbox or something! :p

And yeah, same here. I only know one other person that rolls their own, but.. everyone else I know is still buying Dells and big name general-usage PCs, not custom boutique builds (let alone custom-ordered SFF gaming builds). Still think that particular sub-market is even smaller than us SFF self-builders.

Really hard to say for sure, but would be something interesting to find out ;)

Out of topic but I made this for laughs. Obviously not completely accurately and I'm not completely serious.

ixCTGHK.png

Out of topic but I made this for laughs. Obviously not completely accurately and I'm not completely serious.

Lol. Just like Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, but for nerds :D

Oh, and you went to all that trouble, but still forgot to include "people who buy pre-built PCs - that are both SFF and assembled by small boutique builders charging $4k". Do that, and you'd actually answer my damn question :p

Oh, and you went to all that trouble, but still forgot to include "people who buy pre-built PCs - that are both SFF and assembled by small boutique builders charging $4k". Do that, and you'd actually answer my damn question :p

Already expected that, but I just can't be bothered. That's why I said "not completely accurate." Firstly, not all pre-builts SFF are $4K. Secondly, the customer base is many times more than 1000 out of seven billion, I can guarantee you that, even if I don't have the exact numbers. To put it in perspective for you, if 1 out of 100,000 people in this world is a customer of a prebuilt SFF case, there will already be 70,000 people or 70 times more than the number of Ncase owner.

Last edited:
Already expected that, but I just can't be bothered. That's why I said "not completely accurate." Firstly, not all pre-builts SFF are $4K. Secondly, the customer base is many times more than 1000 out of seven billion, I can guarantee you that, even if I don't have the exact numbers.

Lol, you're high :) And while they don't necessarily have to be $4k custom-order builds, they must be pre-built SFF using an SFX power supply only.. you know, the guys actually buying up the first shipment of SX600-G PSUs?

Dunno, I still think self-built w/SFX demand should be appreciably greater than pre-built w/SFX demand, or at least on parity.. but I guess we'll never know since you can't be bothered to make up some exact numbers for us! :D

To put it in perspective for you, if 1 out of 100,000 people in this world is a customer of a prebuilt SFF case, there will already be 70,000 people or 70 times more than the number of Ncase owner.

^See you ninja edited in some exact made-up numbers, thanks!

I still think self-built w/SFX demand should be appreciably greater than pre-built w/SFX demand, or at least on parity..

You keep repeating that :D

(... which means you are starting to doubt, and trying to reinforce it to yourself ... :p )

Lol, you're high :) And while they don't necessarily have to be $4k custom-order builds, they must be pre-built SFF using an SFX power supply only.. you know, the guys actually buying up the first shipment of SX600-G PSUs?
It's silly to think SilverStone will delay shipment for 300-500 buyers of the M1 v2 when their customer base is worldwide. We're just a drop in the ocean. There are consequences to delaying a product distributed worldwide no less and they're not worth 300-500 buyers. Don't act like you or we are such important customers.

Back