Samsung Galaxy S6

Samsung has a history of backhanded marketing tactics. Just because they hired third party marketing companies to "raise social awareness," that doesn't mean their hands are clean. Mob mentality is one tried and true way to get more people to buy into thing (marketing 101).

Samsung has a history of backhanded marketing tactics. Just because they hired third party marketing companies to "raise social awareness," that doesn't mean their hands are clean. Mob mentality is one tried and true way to get more people to buy into thing (marketing 101).

I'm 99% sure every company uses some types of backhanded marketing tactics.

I'm 100% sure that making absolutist claims about shady marketing (without hard evidence, at least) doesn't hold up.

The truth: numerous companies are less than honest about their marketing, but this happens more often in certain areas and among certain firms. Paid line waiters are more common in China, for example, while companies like Samsung have been caught using dirty tactics like astroturfing in the recent past. While I definitely wouldn't want to draw anything conclusive from a single hard-to-verify article, trying to downplay the allegations with a glib "oh, everyone does it" response is disingenuous.

No... only Samsung.

I think only Samsung gets caught on a regular basis because they werent so secretive about it in the first place.

I think on a regular basis in this thread mi7chy can spin any bad news about Samsung as BS, Unsubstantiated or trivial because everyone does it. Rather any thread containing Samsung. I thought Apple fans were bad.

I am shocked, shocked that a company would only invite media coverage it thinks will be positive. Next you'll be telling me that companies charge more for products than it costs to make them, too.

In other words: sorry, but no one's falling for your flimsy attempts at equivocation and distracting from the issue at hand. There's a difference between deciding not to offer event invitations and paying people to create the illusion of interest. One is cynical but logical (why would you invite people to your event if you know they'll rag on your product?), the other is deceptive.

I think on a regular basis in this thread mi7chy can spin any bad news about Samsung as BS

No need to resort to lies but I can understand the temptation from heritage. Have I commented about the bend test which is BS since it doesn't mimic real world or defended the scratches?

Just because you're naive to believe obvious BS as factual news doesn't mean everyone is.

No need to resort to lies but I can understand the temptation from heritage. Have I commented about the bend test which is BS since it doesn't mimic real world or defended the scratches?

Just because you're naive to believe obvious BS as factual news doesn't mean everyone is.
"doesn't mimic real world"? Meanwhile in TTL...

So why is only Apple guilty of "cheap Chinese glass" when Samsung also has scratched up phones out of the box? Why is only Apple guilty of "bendgate"? Why does Apple's finger ID "suck" compare to Samsung's when the exact same hack could be used to hack Samsung's S5/S6/Note 4 phones? Either you stay consistent, or shut up about it.

TTL it's not difficult to visualize the pressure points in real world. Phone in front pocket, sit down/bend over like to tie shoe laces, etc. the pressure points are inwards from the top and bottom edges and not directly at the center where all devices are vulnerable. Even girls with phone in back pocket the pressure is distributed and not localized at one point. If that's too difficult for you to understand keep believing Snapdragon 810 issues are made up by Samsung.

iPhone in front pocket, sit down/bend over like to tie shoe laces, etc. the pressure points are inwards from the top and bottom edges and not directly at the center where all devices are vulnerable. Even girls with phone in back pocket the pressure is distributed and not localized at one point.
I just added one letter to your whole entire defence...

"doesn't mimic real world"? Meanwhile in TTL...

So why is only Apple guilty of "cheap Chinese glass" when Samsung also has scratched up phones out of the box? Why is only Apple guilty of "bendgate"? Why does Apple's finger ID "suck" compare to Samsung's when the exact same hack could be used to hack Samsung's S5/S6/Note 4 phones? Either you stay consistent, or shut up about it.

LOL... I don't browse this sub forum often, but it's as if I never left! Wait, I thought Apple used cheap American glass? Is Corning not 'Merican?

(Wow... that was a heck of a combo...LOL)

@mi7chy, I enjoy your trolling at Macrumors.

You post the most nonfactual news that is so completely biased towards Samsung in the best light possible. Usually from Samsung fan sites that are either owned by Samsung or have some affiliation with them. You also are the most inconsistent poster on anything Samsung I have ever read or seen. Almost nothing you post is ever credible.

LOL... I don't browse this sub forum often, but it's as if I never left! Wait, I thought Apple used cheap American glass? Is Corning not 'Merican?

(Wow... that was a heck of a combo...LOL)

@mi7chy, I enjoy your trolling at Macrumors.

Starting to think if he is one of those who were paid by Samsung to do the forum writing....

---------------------------

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/samsung-says-galaxy-s6-fanboy-pay-story-totally-125242101.html

Looks like Samsung is actively denying that they weren't paying people to attend their event.

But the whole the thing already been caught in the camera already with detail in many of the chinese news... :p

This is precisely why I (among others) believe you directly or indirectly work for Samsung. I don't know anyone who endlessly defends a company without having some kind of financial stake. Do you realize you're basically the Samsung version of a hardcore Apple fan?

Welcome back Edward Snowden. Was wondering where you've been hiding. If you disagree with the results of the reviews, drop tests, etc. I link feel free cry to the ones who performed them.

I just added one letter to your whole entire defence...

Try again TTL and get someone to read some of the comments to you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1785905

THIS! I test this in a front pocket sitting down and I could swear it was bending. You felt the pressure points on the ends. Clearly if I got the plus I'd never be able to sit at a table with it. This is bringing back the holster.

As for the S6 it hasn't been fully released so no conclusion can be drawn but initial extended height drop test does show the iPhone 6 frame bending but not the S6 Edge which has a thinner frame than non-Edge.

https://youtu.be/DpsyGweP5so

Last edited:
Why are you guys wasting your time? He ignores anything that shows him being wrong. If anything is attacking Samsung he'll completely ignore it and just go and attack apple instead. Then he'll find a random thread that affects less than 1% of users and claim it's a wide spread issue, while with Samsung it will be no issue at all. Even pro android users on here are finding it hilarious, just ignore it and move on. You would have a better time convincing a wall it's a door.

Why are you guys wasting your time? He ignores anything that shows him being wrong. If anything is attacking Samsung he'll completely ignore it and just go and attack apple instead. Then he'll find a random thread that affects less than 1% of users and claim it's a wide spread issue, while with Samsung it will be no issue at all. Even pro android users on here are finding it hilarious, just ignore it and move on. You would have a better time convincing a wall it's a door.

Both of them are little children that the majority of us wish would just go away, find another forum and leave us all alone.

Just an update: Going to be returning my edge and getting a regular S6. Don't feel like playing the exchange game. Besides scratches my screen pushes green pretty hard in certain content. Other people seem to be having variable color/temp issues with their panels, so rather than doing however many exchanges to get a scratch free color correct edge, I'm just going with the regular. Also, would prefer the full frame of the regular S6 for usability reasons

Just an update: Going to be returning my edge and getting a regular S6. Don't feel like playing the exchange game. Besides scratches my screen pushes green pretty hard in certain content. Other people seem to be having variable color/temp issues with their panels, so rather than doing however many exchanges to get a scratch free color correct edge, I'm just going with the regular. Also, would prefer the full frame of the regular S6 for usability reasons

Have you actually received the Galaxy S6 edge yet?

I would wait before making any conclusions.

Most tech experts (except for the Verge and a few others) are saying that the S6 edge feels better in the hand and more comfortable than the standard S6.

Both of them are little children that the majority of us wish would just go away, find another forum and leave us all alone.

I've received a warning before for just responding to one before so I no longer respond to either.

Have you actually received the Galaxy S6 edge yet?

I would wait before making any conclusions.

Most tech experts (except for the Verge and a few others) are saying that the S6 edge feels better in the hand and more comfortable than the standard S6.

I've had mine for about a week now. I posted a review a few pages back. Don't know where you'er getting that information from. Almost every tech review I've seen says the S6 feels better in hand than the edge.

I've received a warning before for just responding to one before so I no longer respond to either.

If he really is being paid to be here, that's not going to happen, ever. :(

We have an ignore feature just for you. I would suggest you post on topic from here out.

Thank you Kyle. Way too many ad hominem posts in a phone thread of all things. Anyway, back on topic, I have 4 Galaxy S6s coming to me on Friday (three edges and 1 standard) for my family plan. Two are white, 2 are black. According to most online resources, US carriers wont be getting the gold model for another month at least and may not get the green or blue variant at all. Anyone, know any truth to this? It would be a shame. That green variant looks pretty slick.

Pretty sure Gold is available now to some carriers. I've heard Tmobile and Verzion. Green no word on yet.

That bad, huh?

Question. Since you probably tried all the color presets, was there a particular preset that wasn't that overly green? That's a lot of people on XDA who talks about the green and how it might be okay if you view the screen from an angle.

Question 2: My time on the S6 was extremely limited. But how was your transition from Sense to TouchWiz? And are you still seeing some very subtle lag/slower response time like some folks who transitioned from either a Nexus, Moto X, or HTC say (although not bad enough to return it)?

Last edited:
Thank you Kyle. Way too many ad hominem posts in a phone thread of all things. Anyway, back on topic, I have 4 Galaxy S6s coming to me on Friday (three edges and 1 standard) for my family plan. Two are white, 2 are black. According to most online resources, US carriers wont be getting the gold model for another month at least and may not get the green or blue variant at all. Anyone, know any truth to this? It would be a shame. That green variant looks pretty slick.

There's no news or rumors floating around, but I'd look at history: Samsung usually limits its North American launches to a couple of colors, and maybe gives you an extra shade or two later down the road when supply is more consistent (or just to rejuvenate sales). Kinda sucks, but I could understand why.

You could probably buy the gold from Samsung's website if you really wanted it sooner.

Why are there so many reviews from people and places no one has ever heard of, one random indian guy on youtube playing with he phone is not a review or comparison of any reasonable measure.

I've had mine for about a week now. I posted a review a few pages back. Don't know where you'er getting that information from. Almost every tech review I've seen says the S6 feels better in hand than the edge.

MarquesBrownlee and others have been saying that the Galaxy S6 edge feels better in the hands.

MarquesBrownlee and others have been saying that the Galaxy S6 edge feels better in the hands.

There was a video on Youtube the other day where a guy went to (Edinburgh or Dublin I think) and passed both phones to 30 random people and gave them a few minutes with each, to see which they preferred in the hand. I'm thinking it was 17 picked S6 Edge.

There was a video on Youtube the other day where a guy went to (Edinburgh or Dublin I think) and passed both phones to 30 random people and gave them a few minutes with each, to see which they preferred in the hand. I'm thinking it was 17 picked S6 Edge.

Yeah it was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3w_oOxKYA

And he's Scottish.

By the way, another hilarious, inaccurate, cognitively dissonant article from Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2015/04/07/lg-g4-camera-teaser/
Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera Already Dethroned
We’ve heard great things about Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge cameras, with early tests reporting truly excellent performance, but could the Galaxy S6’s crown have toppled even before Samsung’s latest flagships have gone on sale?

READ MORE – Amazing Galaxy S6 Edge Camera Outguns iPhone 6 Plus

Rival Korean manufacturer, LG, posted yesterday an invitation to the launch of the company’s forthcoming G4 handset in the form of a teasing YouTube video. Running at a mere 42 seconds, the video focuses very clearly on just one aspect of the G4 – its f/1.8 camera lens.

The video consists almost entirely of a disembodied lens floating through a night sky. Looking through the lens, we watch the dark cityscape below appear brighter as we pass overhead, before the new phone is shown in silhouette, emblazoned with a large “F 1.8” and announcing the G4’s official unveiling on April 28th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdWPqpVbEk

This spectacular piece of nought-point-one-upmanship is clearly a well-aimed swipe at the f/1.9 lens of the Galaxy S6 – currently the brightest we’ve seen in a mainstream smartphone.

Lens aperture alone is hardly enough to tell us how well a camera will perform in the real world- the imaging sensor and digital processing capabilities can and do have a much greater effect on the final result- but clearly LG feels brave enough to pit the G4 camera against the Galaxy S6, and this means coming up with something very, very good indeed if considerable embarrassment is to be avoided.

So how much brighter is f/1.8 than f/1.9? The answer is not very much at all.

What the hell does the aperture have to do with which device has a superior camera?

Sure, a f/1.8 aperture means that the lens captures more light, but it doesn't tell us anything about image quality.

And last week they released an article saying that the Galaxy S6's GPU got outperformed by the iPhone 6's GPU when it's obvious that the Galaxy S6 is pushing 4X more pixels than the iPhone 6.
When compared at a standardized resolution, the Galaxy S6 outperforms the iPhone 6.

These news sites either don't know anything about technology or are just trying to publish misinforming articles in the name of attention and readership.

Last edited:
That bad, huh?

Question. Since you probably tried all the color presets, was there a particular preset that wasn't that overly green? That's a lot of people on XDA who talks about the green and how it might be okay if you view the screen from an angle.

Question 2: My time on the S6 was extremely limited. But how was your transition from Sense to TouchWiz? And are you still seeing some very subtle lag/slower response time like some folks who transitioned from either a Nexus, Moto X, or HTC say (although not bad enough to return it)?

1. Basic was a bit less green, but then it turned more yellow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdwh6eqiCzk&t=1m39s been using this scene to check as it's when i first noticed it. The sky and water had a greenish look to it. I noticed yellow in a few other videos in basic mode, but thought I was imagining it at first.

2. Hard for me to tell if I hate TW or I hate lollipop. I think both. The single drop notification bar is fucking awful. I don't know why it has to include the widget, but it does, and it eats up about half the notification space. All the pop up notification and weird screen waking on notification shit is weird.

The color scheme the phone came with is terrible. Just ugly white space and bad colors. I'm using the Avengers theme sadly because it's the only thing that has colors and take advantage of how gorgeous the screen is. Luckily Samsung was smart with this theme engine thing. I think that's going to be absolutely huge for this phone.

Other things got to me like animation transitions. I was getting frustrated because my M7 felt faster than my new 1000 dollar phone. Then I discovered I could turn animations off, and now it's snappy. The double tap to open the camera also causes lag when trying to use the home button for home, so I had to disable that as well.

After these animation tweaks feels great really. I've on very rare occasion gotten maybe 1-2 screen juts, but nothing more than a fraction of a second. Kitkat felt very practical, clean, easy to use. Lollipop feels like when windows tried forcing Metro on me in Windows 8.

Believe me you need more than a few minutes with the phone to figure that out. They should have asked 30 random people to pick them both off a flat table and say which was was easier. I guarantee it would be 30-0 for the regular S6. Or try holding it in landscape one handed for 10-15 minutes and measure to see how deep of an indent you have in your thumb.

Since you guys need some convincing..

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9111/samsung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-preview/3

"The edge variant of the phone also feels quite sharp in the hand and almost too thin to hold, but this is generally quite subjective"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/04/01/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-review/

"...the reduced bezel space has the side effect of making the S6 edge feel more precarious in the hand. It’s also considerably more difficult to pick up from a table."

"Anyway, at the end of the day, the S6 edge feels amazing to hold in the hand, but after months of daily use, I’d recommend the regular S6 over it, both for practical and price reasons."

Droid-Life Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S6 Edge: Comparison!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3nb8QhYqto&t=7m00s

Summary: Sharp, digs into hand, S6 feels like it was made to be in the hand.

Has anyone who is arguing FOR the edge being more comfortable actually held the device or just going off that video and whatever articles they cherry pick? I went in to best buy wanting to enjoy the edge so I was already biased, but soon after picking the phone up and fiddling with it I decided that it felt horrible in the hand. One review said it felt like you were holding the phone upside down, that's exactly how it felt.

Anyone who pre-ordered through best-buy/verizon get their pick-up appointment scheduled yet? I'm anxiously waiting the call for my s6.

EDIT: I don't know if it has been posted in this thread yet but you can get verus cases for 80% I ordered the medal framed one and one of the clears to try out for $8 shipped through prime.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7780579-huge-80-off-verus-cases-iphone-6-6-plus-htc-m9-s6-s6-edge-on-amazon

How did I now even know there were promo codes through amazon? haha

Last edited:
Back