Rumored AMD RDNA4 Specs Indicate 3.5GHz Clocks, Double RDNA3 Performance

You're the one posting irrelevant reports not me.

nVidia decides the pricing, consumers decide whether they will pay the pricing or not. This is a simple question on whether or not you think $2999 is reasonable. If you can't answer this question then literally every post you've made in response to me is irrelevant. You have not actually contributed anything to the conversation in any meaningful way because you're not addressing the context of the comment. So what are you even talking about?

When I made my sarcastic post about willingness to pay an absurd amount for a 1% uplift, you should've just responded: "yes" or "nah bro, but I would for 22% in raster and 55% in RT". That would've saved us both time and been just as accurate about your position.
It seems you don't like that answers provided, okay then. Continue to ignore them, just like I'll now ignore you since you bring nothing to the conversation. 🤷‍♂️

So double the last generation was the rumour that started for RDNA3, which turned out to be only 30% in reality.

So RDNA4 being rumoured to be double RDNA3 performance would probably be only 30% faster than current gen, which would make it slower than what RDNA3 was rumoured to be 6 months ago...

So RDNA4 would still be slower than a 4090?
Interesting question. Although you could look at the history between the generations that have come before it. Considering that before the 6 series we had the 5700xt and the Radeon VII, I'd say AMD is doing rather well in terms of staying competitive with the 7 series.
To put it another way, what is the expectation that comes out of nVidia next generation? Because I don't think it's really sustainable to have another generational leap like this.

I don't have any expectation that they will become the leader next generation or even the one after that. But so long as they continue to cap the insanity on greed-flation I'm good with it.

It seems you don't like that answers provided, okay then. Continue to ignore them, just like I'll now ignore you since you bring nothing to the conversation. 🤷‍♂️
This is your fourth-odd post in which you haven't addressed what I've said. So now it's: "I'm rubber you're glue..." Yes, please add me to your ignore list. You'll save me and the rest of the boards the headache.

This is your fourth-odd post in which you haven't addressed what I've said. So now it's: "I'm rubber you're glue..." Yes, please add me to your ignore list. You'll save me and the rest of the boards the headache.
Everything you said was addressed, whether you are ignoring it is another matter. I suggest you go back and read, then re-read until it finally gets through.

Interesting question. Although you could look at the history between the generations that have come before it. Considering that before the 6 series we had the 5700xt and the Radeon VII, I'd say AMD is doing rather well in terms of staying competitive with the 7 series.
To put it another way, what is the expectation that comes out of nVidia next generation? Because I don't think it's really sustainable to have another generational leap like this.

I don't have any expectation that they will become the leader next generation or even the one after that. But so long as they continue to cap the insanity on greed-flation I'm good with it.

Everything you said was addressed, whether you are ignoring it is another matter. I suggest you go back and read, then re-read until it finally gets through.
I suggest you two go get a room.

This is a shitty announcement because this is not going to happen that way.
First, you may have to consider AMD did everything to stay out of TSMC 4nm and make use of the tiniest 5nm chip they could for their Navi 31. They even get rid of the prefetch from RDNA 2 loosing some optimisation. This keeps the price of the 7900 low and they will be able to produce many. There are rumors that there will be a RDNA 3+ launch at the end of the year 2023. RDNA3+ will regain prefetch and may be using 4nm TSMC which is optimised 5nm. The MCD part will still be the same on 6nm. RDNA3+ is supposed to gain around 25% speed more or less. It will use more power, will run at 3Ghz and the prefetch will bring another 5 to 10% speed in gaming.
I kind of believe this leak because this explains a lot why RDNA3 doesn't have the speed that was announced by AMD.

After that AMD will have a big problem to build RDNA4, because RDNA 4 should be on 3nm TSMC, and TSMC is already engaged with Apple and Intel to deliver 3nm for them only at the beginning, meaning before 2025.
So RDNA4 won't happen before the end of 2025. AMD needs to make something in the between and the refresh is very much to be expected, especlially since AMD failed to deliver an optimized prefetch on RDNA3 as of today. And the lack of prefetch also alters reaching higher frequencies with benefits.

As for now Nvidia and Qualcom, considered second rank customer as much as AMD, by TSMC have already announced moving to Samsung GAAFET for their 3nm, in 2024, which clearly AMD didn't. So AMD will have to wait and use 4nm in the mean time.

As for now and for gaming only, the 7900XT and the 7900XTX are good graphics cards for gaming for their price compared to competition (Nvidia and RTX 4080).
In the mid 2023, Amd will provide with Navi 32 also a 5nm chip but using the prefetch. So it may be quite good and close to Navi 31 performance for a smaller price. Navi 33 will comme at the beginning of 2023 at 6nm and and no prefetch 8GB of GDDR6 only, so don't expect it to be much faster that the RX 6750 far from the 6950Xt as it was speculated at first. Probably a nice price of less than 400$ is to be expected, maybe even 350$ for the lower version.

Last edited:
So double the last generation was the rumour that started for RDNA3, which turned out to be only 30% in reality.

So RDNA4 being rumoured to be double RDNA3 performance would probably be only 30% faster than current gen, which would make it slower than what RDNA3 was rumoured to be 6 months ago...

So RDNA4 would still be slower than a 4090?
I am hoping there will be a RDNA 3+ that will keep up with 4090. And then RDNA 4 hopefully is 30-40% on top of RDNA 3+

Wish granted. It will cost 270% more for a 1% increase above the competition in 3 out of 27 titles, with roughly parity for the rest.
Competitor will be $1000, you'll pay $2700. Seems fair.
"Fair" has nothing to do with it? (That sound more like "entitlement" speaking).
Is it faster? Yes/No

Sorry I have different metrics than yours when making a purchasing decision about a relative cheap hobby.

"Fair" has nothing to do with it? (That sound more like "entitlement" speaking).
Is it faster? Yes/No

Sorry I have different metrics than yours when making a purchasing decision about a relative cheap hobby.

That’s a lot of additional words for: “yes”.

That’s a lot of additional words for: “yes”.
You seem to have a lot of issues with other peoples purchasing decisions?
I would suggest a hobby to focus on something more positive.
Being angry over what other people do seems to only work to add negativity in your life, that cannot be a healthy thing in the long run.

You seem to have a lot of issues with other peoples purchasing decisions?
I would suggest a hobby to focus on something more positive.
Being angry over what other people do seems to only work to add negativity in your life, that cannot be a healthy thing in the long run.
You’re making vast assumptions about how I feel about what you do. People on Wallstreet I’m sure have literally lit 100 dollars bills on fire for fun. If you want to spend $50k on a Cheeto that looks like the Virgin Mary, that’s your business. But that doesn’t mean that I, and others, won’t think it’s a terrible deal.

It seems to me you also care just as much about how you think I care about your purchasing decisions enough to comment back twice. Or you could accept that this is a forum, and discussion is the nature of forums whether you interpret them as negative or positive.

Last edited:
Back