Pre-Order PNY GeForce 6800 GT $330 @ Buy.com

Kurik said:
I'm still waiting on mine. I'm in the same boat, no emails since the we are still looking email. Got 2 day shipping and my order still shows sent to warehouse/on order, and I've gotten no charge on my cc.

I'm hopeful it will arrive unannounced this week in time for Doom3. I ordered on 7-10 around noon.

<edit>
As soon as I hit post, I got an email from buy.com...

Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order.
We have placed an urgent order with our suppliers and are waiting on the product(s) below.
You'll receive an email from us once your item is on its way.

Anyone else get this?

I just got the same email about an hour and a half ago.

I just sent an email saying I would expect my order to filled from existing stock prior to them filling new orders.

<edit>

I think this ia an automated message. I received the previous "Still Looking" almost exactly 1 week prior.

gobucks said:
I just got the same email about an hour and a half ago.

I just sent an email saying I would expect my order to filled from existing stock prior to them filling new orders.

<edit>

I think this ia an automated message. I received the previous "Still Looking" almost exactly 1 week prior.

i sent a similar email back in response basically eluding to

"i see that the 6800GT's are now back in stock so i assume my item should be currently shipping"

Well, it looks like we all got that last email. Hmm. I ordered mine 40 mins after the first post at FatWallet so I had to be one of the first but I only got standard shipping. Is there anyone that used standard shipping and has gotten there card yet or only to 2 day people.

Well, I checked today and this is what I found.

1) I got the Card FedEx yesterday 7-28-04 :)

2) There still is no charge to my CC :confused:

3) Buy.com still shows my order as sent to warehouse/ On Order :rolleyes:

4) I got the latest email stating that "we are still working hard on filling your order" even though I already have the card in hand. :eek:

Looks like they are confused, it's probable safe to assume if you ordered that your card is probable on its way, although you'll have no clue that it has happened. Hope they make good on ALL the orders, Good Luck!

Darius

I still have nothing but I live way up in Seattle and got standard shipping but if I don't see it tomorrow I might start to lose hope.

Darius said:

4) I got the latest email stating that "we are still working hard on filling your order" even though I already have the card in hand. :eek:

Looks like they are confused, it's probable safe to assume if you ordered that your card is probable on its way, although you'll have no clue that it has happened. Hope they make good on ALL the orders, Good Luck!

Darius

maybe you get it for free?

heh it'll be intresting to see if anyone does end up with a free 6800gt out of this deal ... i'm sure atleast 1 cancelation will go through if someone recieves the item and is still "on order". their system seems pretty borked already (in that nobody has gotten any confirmation of these items being shipped and basically are supprised when they show up on the doorstep).

The Buy.com website now shows "on order". I am gonna be none too happy if mine didn't ship with the latest stock. Especially since they were selling them for the last few days.

<edit> Read on another site that regular ground shipping orders started to arrive yesterday (7/29).

Fedex just dropped mine off on my porch in the rain. I ordered July 10th with standard delivery. Now to cancel that order with Gateway.

wOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

I looked out the window and didn't see anything but then opened the door and there it was.

w00t!!!

I just noticed that on the box it says it has a 3 year warranty if you register the product so that sounds alot better then there "lifetime warranty". Just a heads up for you all.

.. hrmm in the immortal words of Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise ....

KAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

still nothing :( :mad:

I just got home from work, looked on my front porch and.....nothing!

I am about to go off!

I also ordered mine July 10th but still no luck. I did the standard shipping and live on the east coast. Who ships it for standard shipping? UPS or USPS? the mail carrier already came today so I'm quite upset, but if its UPS then they probaly won't send it on saturday anyway. errrrr. it better be here before Doom 3. Anyone else not get it yet? I'm getting impatient.

Just to get me a little hotter....

I got a reply from my latest email to Buy.com that said they are still waiting for shipment of their order from PNY.

Then why were you showing stock for units selling at $450???

ARGH!

Heck, my ordered hasn't even shown completed and I still don't think I've been charged....maybe they will send me two! I am awfully tempted to hit the cancell button and see what happens.

Spiff1333 said:
Heck, my ordered hasn't even shown completed and I still don't think I've been charged....maybe they will send me two! I am awfully tempted to hit the cancell button and see what happens.

i would, no doubt.

Spiff1333 said:

whats there to lose?

Spiff1333 said:
I'm scarred what if like the FBI comes after me or something EEEEEEKKKK.

oh bullshit you'll be fine, either they will charge your card anyways, or they won't even notice.

hehe oops, I kinda did it on accident I thought I was on the first page just to see what would happen but it was the confirmation page.....

"We'll eMail you within the next business day to let you know if your item has been cancelled. "

Thief, thief he's a thief, you better hope they dont turn around and charge you full price after proving they shipped. :D

But anyway here is a tip for the impatient that want to know if their getting their item anytime soon. The rep may help you are not, but to be safe say you think the first number of your address may be off and want to check. Call FedEx (1-800-GO-FedEx, say "REP" at prompt) and simply ask if you have any items coming to your address, if they give you some funny name that first part starts with "A" the second with "M" it may be your card. The company's name which I cant recall for the life of me other than initials I did a short search on and found out Buy.com signed a distribution deal with them and even so I am sure it is the card which is coming but I have not orderd anything from the company or anyone else. In anycase I will know Monday. :)

Darius said:

Darius

Check my status again today and ALL remains the same. I've had my card now for 6 days, got it 7/28/04. I wonder if they will send me another?

Darius

just got my 6800gt from the deal. ordered a couple hours after the deal was discovered, normal shipping.

PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 GT DDR3 AGP 8X 256MB - VCG6800GAPB
Item#: CH7DHT
Our Price: $449.99

They jacked the price up :(

The[H]uman said:
PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 GT DDR3 AGP 8X 256MB - VCG6800GAPB
Item#: CH7DHT
Our Price: $449.99

They jacked the price up :(

that price has been jacked up for weeks.

i ordered at the discounted price, and it still isn't here. they did however at one point last week have stock, and sold it at the new price. i however, sit without a card, waiting, with doom 3 being officially released tonight at midnight. oh happy day. oh happy day.

DigitalEmperor said:
that price has been jacked up for weeks.

i ordered at the discounted price, and it still isn't here. they did however at one point last week have stock, and sold it at the new price. i however, sit without a card, waiting, with doom 3 being officially released tonight at midnight. oh happy day. oh happy day.

I'm in the boat right next to you! I even snuck out of work today to check if I got delivery...nothing.

It looks like 2-day shipping would have been money well spent. I just couldn't see 2-day on a pre-order.

Update, I got my shipping email today from Buy.com one week later.

Card shipped last Tuesday and I got it last Thursday. My order shows completed now on the website. Still have not seen the charge on my credit card.

I just got the email that the card had shipped today, even though I received the card yesterday...

Well FedEx delivered another package at my house today and still no 6800GT.

So.... I got tired of waiting any longer and called Buy.com (877-780-2464).

After giving the service rep all my personal information except my blood type, she said my order was on backorder with no shipment date available. Uh, I can tell that from my online order status. I'm thinking these reps read right from the same account page that I do. I then asked why they were selling units last week (for $450) prior to shipping out all of the pre-orders. She said that my order would be shipped before any new orders. ARGH!!

Something stinks, if you ask me.

I do think this is the last time Buy.com will get an order from me.

ROL21 said:
I just got the email that the card had shipped today, even though I received the card yesterday...

I got the same email but got the card on friday. They are seriously confused.

Gawd I wish this thread would end. Seems like it is no longer a "hot deal," yet it's been going on for weeks.

I keep checking it just to see if the deal has been re-instituted, but no, just more biatching! ;)

My credit card got charged today, no more free ride for all those wanting to know.

It's about FREAKING TIME! (and i think due to my emails)

Hello Travis,

Just wanted to let you know that the item(s) listed below from your order
#1944xxxx have shipped and are on the way to your door.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other order, please feel free
to contact
us at any time by using our email form at http://www.buy.com/support.

We built Buy.com with one thing in mind - enabling you and all our customers to
buy products better -
that means offering you top brands, superstore selection, low prices, and
outstanding service.

Once again, thank you for your order. We look forward to earning your business
as we set out to be
the "best place to buy on the Internet."

Sincerely,
Customer Support Team

Order #1944xxxx

sku: 10376099
description: PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 GT AGP 8X 256MB DDR3