Post Your Mac Setup!

iMac DV (Graphite 400), busted CRT, connected to a viewsonic monitor.. not too exciting, but I just got it for $10...

Just got my MBP 1.83GHz refurb yesterday. this is the first Mac i've ever owned. w00t! Nothing special about the setup right now, so no pics, but here's a rundown of my other gear:

Kilpsch Pro-Media v.2-400s (the originals. i've had them since they came out in fall of 1999, and they still sounds wonderful)
black nano 4GB
Linksys WRT54G wireless router

i'll will be going to Ikea in a couple of weeks to outfit my home office with the IVAR shelving system, so pics will come after that.

office.jpg

iBook G4 @ 1.33GHz
17" iiyama aperture grille CRT
Black Apple "pro" keyboard
Logitech MX310 mouse
Pioneer amplifier
I have no idea where I got the speakers

Desk is custom made, and weighs maybe 100 kilograms. Chair is from IKEA, I guess.

Black Morty Rackham said:
iBook G4 @ 1.33GHz
17" iiyama aperture grille CRT
Black Apple "pro" keyboard
Logitech MX310 mouse
Pioneer amplifier
I have no idea where I got the speakers

Desk is custom made, and weighs maybe 100 kilograms. Chair is from IKEA, I guess.

Glad to see im on the only one packing the iBook with a big monitor and nothing else.

IMG_1056.JPG

Specs:
Dell inspiron 1100
2.53Ghz Celeron-D
1gb pc3200 DDR
80gb 7200rpm segate hard drive
Integrated Intel video
40x cd-rw ./ 16x dvd rom
windows XP Pro
Mac os-X 10.4.1
Ubuntu Linux Dapper Drake

compslckr said:
IMG_1056.JPG

Specs:
Dell inspiron 1100
2.53Ghz Celeron-D
1gb pc3200 DDR
80gb 7200rpm segate hard drive
Integrated Intel video
40x cd-rw ./ 16x dvd rom
windows XP Pro
Mac os-X 10.4.1
Ubuntu Linux Dapper Drake
howd you do that!

fastfood15 said:
how did you get osx on a pc?

Your joking, right? I don't mean to sound like a prick but ever hear of google? ;)

Here is one of the first listing that came up in my search ---> www.osx86project.org.

Sorry to go offtopic here! I'll have a pic of my G4 tower posted soon to make up for it! :D

Lighthammer said:
Your joking, right? I don't mean to sound like a prick but ever hear of google? ;)

Here is one of the first listing that came up in my search ---> www.osx86project.org.

Sorry to go offtopic here! I'll have a pic of my G4 tower posted soon to make up for it! :D
Im really sorry, but i honestly have never heard of a mainstream way of of running osx on a pc. :( I guess i knew there was that project but i never knew they were succesful. whoops...

Here she is. Picked her up from a computer swap meet for $10 bucks 2 weeks ago. I plan on putting either the PPC flavor of Ubuntu Server or Slackintosh on it. Came with a keyboard too. The sad part is, the ADC to VGA adaptor cost the same price as the friggin box :eek: She needs a little cleaning, but she'll be a fine box. The funny part is, I live like 2 miles from where this bad boy was built, which was in an old wal-mart that Power Computing turned into their headquarters here in ol' Round Rock of Tejas :D

hardocppostyourmac0013qq.jpg

hardocppostyourmac0040vv.jpg

Raid 0 still running strong. Need intel mac. Need intel mac. Must find intel mac.

|

^^^^I have the same wire crimpers! hahaha :p

Nice iMac setup above that, what kind of Bose are those? (rhymes!) Do you like them?

clean_me said:
^^^^I have the same wire crimpers! hahaha :p

Nice iMac setup above that, what kind of Bose are those? (rhymes!) Do you like them?
Thanks, they're companion 2's... I like them for the most part although sometimes the bass response can be kinda wierd. Only reason I bought them was that they sound reasonable and dont require a sub (pretty limited space in my dorm).

Remember how my room was dirty as shit?! I cleaned up and now it looks better.

Hoping to do some more modding to the lian-li in the future. Would like to mod the giant doors.

dscn2411sj2.jpg

dscn2451de6.jpg

dscn2457ak2.jpg

dscn2470ju5.jpg

My setup:

DCFN0058.JPG

iMac - Intel Core Duo
20" and 2.0 GHz
1.5GB RAM
128MB vRAM
Apple Mighty Mouse
30GB video iPod - Black
Sweet desk

piako said:
Remember how my room was dirty as shit?! I cleaned up and now it looks better.

Hoping to do some more modding to the lian-li in the future. Would like to mod the giant doors.

[im g]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5096/dscn2411sj2.jpg[/img]
[im g]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2850/dscn2451de6.jpg[/img]
[im g]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9517/dscn2457ak2.jpg[/img]
dscn2470ju5.jpg

Projector pr0n goodness. I'm almost speechless.

P.S are you running OS x86 or just a theme overlay?

P.S.S what projector is that?

IMGP0100.jpg

Can you see the hidden mess of cables? And the pile of junk on the table below the window? :(

The fucking huge display is an Apple 20" aperture grille from the mid 1990s, and it's awesome. Hooked up to the PC, though. Image is noisy 'cuz I used ISO 3200...

IMGP0111.jpg

I love macro photography! :D

I was wondering what happened to this thread. I longed the day to participate in this thread with a submission of my own but having spent most of my money on the computer, I couldn't afford a camera. Should I just use the built insght to take a reflection of the bathroom mirror? :D

Back