Post Black Friday discussion goes here!

Woohoo!!! Picked up the Battery Backup 725VA at BB. There wasn't even a delay at the registers was in and outta there in 10 mins. I then traveled to Circuit City and found that the free 100pk CD-R's was sold out within 5mins of opening.

ozziegn said:
that is such bullsh*t...

freakin' stores like Crap USA should be fined for pulling crap like that.

they damn well know that tons and tons of people are gonna be camping out at wee hours in the morning and yet they only had 4 freakin' 6800s?

good God.... :rolleyes:

Took me half an hour to check out at Best Buy, they had 717 52" TVs left in the warehouse when I ordered mine.

I went to best buy at 6 when they opened and ran to the computer section for that lappy. Little did I know we were supposed to have tickets. imagine my surprise after an hour online that you need a ticket to get the laptop. :eek: Well I stayed on line and the guys who were working the counter proved to be my salvation because they took so long to ring up the laptops each one took about 5 minutes don't ask me why that like 20 people left in disgust. Meanwhile there was a guy in front of me who had 5 tickets 2 desktops 3 lappys. So I went around the store checking people who left for the tickets seeing if I could swag one. Nobody would give one up so I eventually come back to the same guy and we ask the manager if we could get the laptop if everybody in line didn't buy one. She said we had to wait till 12 o'clock from the intial time of six and even then the odds were slim of us getting the laptop. The guy who was in line in front of us finally caved to my mother when she turned on the sweet little lady trying to get a laptop for her kid for christmas and birthday charm. He handed over the laptop ticket to my mother and my eyes became the size of the moon at that sight :)

That pissed off a lot of people at my best buy as well.
They didn't hand out the tickets till 5:30. The only people that got tickets where the ones that where in line since 3am. So there was that two hour window (from 3am till 5:30) of people that waited, and got dicked.

umbra said:
I went to best buy at 6 when they opened and ran to the computer section for that lappy. Little did I know we were supposed to have tickets. imagine my surprise after an hour online that you need a ticket to get the laptop. :eek: Well I stayed on line and the guys who were working the counter proved to be my salvation because they took so long to ring up the laptops each one took about 5 minutes don't ask me why that like 20 people left in disgust. Meanwhile there was a guy in front of me who had 5 tickets 2 desktops 3 lappys. So I went around the store checking people who left for the tickets seeing if I could swag one. Nobody would give one up so I eventually come back to the same guy and we ask the manager if we could get the laptop if everybody in line didn't buy one. She said we had to wait till 12 o'clock from the intial time of six and even then the odds were slim of us getting the laptop. The guy who was in line in front of us finally caved to my mother when she turned on the sweet little lady trying to get a laptop for her kid for christmas and birthday charm. He handed over the laptop ticket to my mother and my eyes became the size of the moon at that sight :)

I dont know if others knew this but I went to Walmart and got the Kodak 5MP Digital Camera with docking station for 200 bux. Sweet deal.

Link to Cam

Cam

heh crazy stuff on the 6800's

I went to CompUSA in Orange, CT. Was the first one there at 4, so i went around and looked for a dunkin donuts or something, no luck, first one again at 4:15, waited until 5 in the car, got in line (second, some other schmuck decided he would be the first one in because he got out of his car 5 seconds beforeme blah)

Anyway, there were 2 6800's in the store, i got the first one. Thats pretty ridiculous, but i basically just walked in, got the card, got in line, put the card in my car, and walked back into the store at 6:05 heh, not bad on that front.

Got home at 7:30, ate some food, went to bed and woke back up at 2:30 :D

Didn't see anything worth a damn except for one item in the Target ad: it had the picture of the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition but the price of the normal edition @ 49.95. Of course when I got there and carved my way thru the total zoo of stupid people at the checkout lines who wouldn't let people thru, come to find out that was a ^!@# screw-up on their part, the wrong picture was shown, it wasn't for the Collector's Edition. Needless to say, I tromped out of there mumbling obscenities to myself. Target can kiss my parts of my anatomy.

DSCN0475.JPG

dvd-r $10 each (BJ's)
PS2 game $10 (Best Buy)
dvd's 5 for $25 (Best Nuy)
cd wallets 3 x $2 each (Best Buy)
GBA games $13.50 each (Target)

I got the 160gig 7200rpm 8mb cache HD from staples for 40 after rebates, and 802.11g Belkin Router from circuit city for 8 bucks after rebate.

190 bucks worth of hardware for 48 bucks, what a great day.

Well, my wife and I split up for sales. She took the Kohl's, Micheal's, etc. and I took CompUSA and Fry's (they were further from home and she didn't really know what to look for).

CompUSA
Lexar 512 USB drive - $30 AR
PNY 128 USB drive - $13 AR (present)
100 DVD-R disks - $20
90 CD-R disks - $10 each AR

Fry's
Athlon 64 3200+ combo - $289 (went with the MSI motherboard instead of ECS)
Duron 1.6 combo - $99 (payed for the Soyo board
512 Kingston HyperX 3200 - $70 AR

The best part is that the checkout girl messed things up. After getting to the register, I decided I wanted to purchase the Athlon combo and a few other things on credit, but pay cash for the Duron and memory. She had to print out new price quotes and then went to get the Athon combo. However, when she printed the new quote for the Duron, she just used the old quote for the Athlon (which also had the memory and Duron on it). So she brought the whole thing over and rang it all up, putting it in the sack. After paying, she then took the quote for the Duron and memory to get them from the cage. She came back and after ringing them up, I realized that she didn't charge for the first processor and memory. It was hard, but I kept my mouth shut and walked out of the store with a free 512 memory stick of HyperX and a free Duron 1.6 :D

I probably would've said something if I hadn't stood in line for 30 minutes at 7:30 just to get in the store and another 1-1/2 hours in the check out line to leave :(

Of course, somehow I missed the PNY 6800 at CompUSA completely. All I need now for my new system is a video card and a case since I grabbed one of the 250 GB hard drives at CompUSA yesterday.

The Compusa by me only had 1 60GB HD so they were selling the 80GB for $30 :eek:
So here is what I got:

Compusa:
*80GB Maxtor HD $24.99 (I had a coupon)
*MS Wireless Mouse $7.99
*Halo 2 $44.99 with free $10 GC (I had a coupon)

OfficeMax:
*200GB Western Digital HD $24.99 (after coupon, rebates & GC)
*Kodak Photo Paper $1.99
*Inkjet Greeting Cards $1.99

I had 2 coupons for $5 off at CompUSA and I got another one today

I went to BestBuy at 10AM and the line for the checkout was half way around the entire store :eek: :eek: I left without even trying to get anything.

got to CompUSA at 5AM and there were a few people in line already... they setup a little coffee maker so that was cool, it wasnt terribly cold this morning maybe 60ish F... but for miami thats really cold ;)

anyway, i got

1x GeForce 6800 $200(!)
2x 100Pack DVD+R's $20/ea
3x 30Pack CD-R $3.33/ea

im happy :)

the 6800 is soooo much nicer than my ATi 9600 non-pro from BestBuy last black friday :)

i oc'd it to 375/800 already gonna see if i can get it higher, and then unlock the rest of the pipelines too... but i cant figure out how to unlock the pipelines yet :(

farscapesg1 said:
It was hard, but I kept my mouth shut and walked out of the store with a free 512 memory stick of HyperX and a free Duron 1.6 :D
Being dishonest is not :D
It's more like :rolleyes:

RuffRyder said:
I went down to Staples and it was already out of stock, so I came back and tried to order online and it won't add to my cart! :( I could taste the burner!

UPDATE:

I stopped by Office Depot and they had the drive. They pricematched the Staples price. They read all the details and gave it to me for $39.94 with NO REBATE!
:eek: :D

Happy Black Friday! You could try the same.

$30 160gb HDD from BB
$40 DVD+-RW DL from Staples
$2 40 8x DVD-R from Staples
$0 Shredder from Staples
$200 PNY 6800 GeForce from CompUSA (still had 5 on the shelf @ 6pm)

woke up at 5:20am
got out of bed at 5:30am

left the house at 5:35am

got to staples at 5:48am

staples opened at 5:58am
ran inside, grabbed the ONE AND ONLY DVD burner they had ... yes folks, one, uno, singular ... boy that pissed off some people.

anyways, i checked out real quick, RAN out of the store (scared the security guy) and then hopped in my car and floored it to about 300 yards down the street, found a parking spot, RAN inside the now open compUSA and picked up a pack of 100 DVD-R's and 100 DVD+R's, checked out with the reciept time as 6:03am :)

then i had some time so i drove carefully down to the mall about 2 miles away that wasn't supose to be open till 7am... well the parking lot was packed and people were exiting the mall with bags of stuff at 6:17am, so i parked it and ran inside, found EB Games and then waited because the poke-mon looking guy hadn't opened the store yet. waited about 7 minuites then he opened and i scored a copy of doom3 for 21 bucks after tax.

returned home by 7:14am.

not too bad, only one rebate for the dvd drive which i can do online aparently so no stamps involved.

it was rather humerous, i was at compUSA getting my DVD burnables and some lady was like "hurry up i got other stores to go to" to which i reply "your going really slow cause this is my second store of the morning already" :)

yea that got a few looks. oh well, i got myself a seemingly nice DVD burner and a ton of DVD media for cheap, not to mention i now legally own doom3 :)

I love living in the middle of nowhere sometimes.

The Kokomo, IN Staples had maybe 100 people waiting when doors opened, and they had a shitload of hard drives and burners. Pretty much everyone got what they wanted. I picked up the 160GB Maxtor, the DVD Burner, and a PNY Attache USB Flash Drive. Looking back, I should have picked up 3 or 4 of the flash drives, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Scorpionjwp said:
How did you swing that deal?
The rebate is most likely limited to one per person/address, so he's obviously going to mail in one of the rebates under someone else's name/address.

Doh! I didn't think about that, but the one thing that sucked was when I went to Microcenter and saw a deal for a maxtor 60gb hd for $29.99, but they ran out 5 minutes before I arrived.

I had the run around with staples easy rebate on my 160gb hd. Went to the website to fill the easy rebate out, website had glitches and I couldn't register my rebate. I called the rebate center, it was automated, tried to type in the rebate number, no luck. Called the number on the back of the receipt, got a person who gave me another number. Come to find out it was a fax number, called the store, took the receipt back down to store.

Then the manager calls the rebate center, gets a live person on the line, hang up. She tells me that the website is undergoing maintence, check back tomorrow. Errr! That sucks.

Waited 2.5 hours outside bestbuy in onalask WI.
Got cheap ps2 games, 160 gb HD, and the best deal i thought, was the 100pk fuji dvd+r for $28.

I spent about $250, my wife in the same amount of time, hit 3 stores and dropped about $500.

All in all a pretty good day.

I did the on-line CC thing last night myself. Got the 17" CRT ($59 AR), the Belkin router ($8 AR) and a DVD/VCR . All have shipped. After a slow breakfast, went to CC (way too late for a belkin lappy adapter) and got a CD Cleaner (Free AR) and then over to Staples where they had miss marked a box of printer paper for $19.94 (5000 sheets) that was normally $30 something. The manager immediately ran over and took down the sale sign...but I got mine.

I'll jsut have to wait for someone to put the lappy wireless adpater on sale for a nice price.

Twas the first time in 4 years that I have not been at BB at 4am...felt kind of weird too :confused:

Well, I dropped by my local Fry's at around 10:00am and managed to, rather easily, pick up 2 of the 120GB Seagate HDDs they had on sale for $29.99 AR, 1 of the 200GB WD HDDs they had for $48.88 AR, and 1 of the 1GB Corsair ValueSelect dual channel PC-3200 kits they had on sale for $99 AR... So, all in all, I'd say that I didn't do too poorly considering that I was mainly hunting for HDDs. :D

Beast Buy, Longview TX - got there at 4:45 and found a long line already, some people still crashed out in sleeping bags and lawn chairs, lazy bums...By the time the store opened at 6am it almost ran the entire length of the strip mall. Must have been 500 people in the store between 6-7am, and this is one of the smaller box stores..

The key to getting out of a Best Buy black friday sale early is to buy a camera - when you get your camera you have to go through the camera register to pick it up and also pay for it. Most of the time it's a much shorter line than the main one, so pick the camera up last.

BB were prepared this year with a huge supply of the best selling items, a mountain of 17.99 DVD players but there was a huge line for anything computer related, so I missed out on the MAG 19' monitor deal. Proably can get a better/cheaper one from NewEgg online (maybe one of those Rosewill monitors? any suggestions?).

I went for the 160g WD, the 4X Kodak camera, and bunch of cheap stuff for presents, was disapointed they didnt have any good video cards or any 16X Dual Layer DVD drives for sale this year. CrapUSA moved out of Tyler last year or I would have been there for the PNY. Circuit City had a I/O Magic on sale 59.99 after rebate, who knows what brand they use, you're better off buying a NEC 16X DVD from NewEgg for 62.99.

160 gig WD Drive 59.98 after rebate (why hasnt WD gone up to ATA 133?)
Dynex 50 pack DVD+R (which are Ritek) 2.99 after rebate
4X zoom 4 megapixel Kodak Digital Camera $149.99
Sandisk 256mb Secure digital card $19.99
Dynex CD/Mp3 Car stereo $50.00 (for my parents Jeep)
Toby "Boot in Your Ass" Keith Greatest hits 2 CD 7.99 (gift yeeha)
Disney Aladdin DVD 9.99
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American 7.99 (to replace a CD I made from Mp3's)
Allegro DVD/VCR player 60.00 after rebate

Also went to Wal-Mart and picked up a pair of $4.77 Sandwitch Makers and electric knifes for gifts, a bunch of DVD movies for 3.88 each and a Ms. Pac Man/Galaga/Nappy video game for 19.99, which I just found out Circuit City was selling for 14.99 online, dammit!

Anyone think the ATI 9600XT for $100 AR at BB was a good deal? When I was there, they have atleast 5 still on the shell. Seems like none of the early birds wanted them.

Went to CC @ 3:00 to get 9800 Pro for $150 AR, just ordererd HL2 for 35 bucks to top it off. Not too shabby :D

I was thinking about the 9600 xt, but it runs on 128 bit memory bus, as opposed to the 256 bus of the 9800 Pro, which I chose instead. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

I bought 32 DVDs today...

Target - 6:00am
- Day After Tomorrow $8.88
- Elf @15.88

Circuit City - 6:30am
- Live and Die in LA $4.99
- Conspiracy Theory $4.99
- Falling Down $4.99
- Die Hard $4.99
- Joe vs the Volcano $4.99
- Boondock Saints $4.99
- About Schmidt $4.99
- The Siege $4.99
- Courage Under Fire $4.99
- The Thin Red Line $4.99
- Exit Wounds $4.99
- Space Cowboys $4.99
- Absolute Power $4.99
- Kingpin $4.99
- Executive Decision $4.99
- The Client $4.99
- Bull Durham $4.99
- Passenger 57 $4.99
- The Punisher $11.99

Walmart - 4:45pm
- Hollow Man $7.88
- Vertical Limit $7.88
- Ali $7.88
- Van Helsing $9.87
- Hot Shots! $5.50
- Strange Days $5.50
- Way of the Gun $5.50
- Hearts in Atlantis $3.88
- S1M0NE $3.88
- Murder at 1600 $3.88
- American Outlaws $3.88

The checkout line at CC took about 1 hour to get through, and it was hard to find all those DVDs. I had to look all over the store.

At Walmart the $3.88 "until 11am" DVDs were still $3.88 at 5pm when I checked out. :D

Rochester, NY CompUSA was selling the 80GB HD's for the 60GB price ($30 I believe), but they were out long before I got there. So I ended up getting the 200GB for $90, even though I really wanted to wait and get a SATA hard drive. I also picked up a 512MB SD card for my camera for $30, and the 3 pack CD-R for $10.

My wife went up to Walmart and got some things there (not Rochester, smaller store not too far away =) and overall I think I've seen better deals other years, but not too shabby this year.

A co-worker went to the nearby Office Max, looking to see if they had any of the 200 gig WD drives they advertised in the paper. He got there 10 MINUTES after it was open, and they were gone. This seems to be the story with them, as over the years I have tried to get stuff there that's advertised and they are out.

I went to the Circuit City and they had a ton (at least 50) WD 250 Gig HD's for 79.95 (100 buck rebate) after MIR. I also ordered the great NEC 3500 DVD burner from New Egg for 62.99. Two parts of my new PC are down, Now if the A64 PCIE MoBos would show up, I could get the thing built!!

Ludic said:
Rochester, NY CompUSA was selling the 80GB HD's for the 60GB price ($30 I believe), but they were out long before I got there. So I ended up getting the 200GB for $90, even though I really wanted to wait and get a SATA hard drive. I also picked up a 512MB SD card for my camera for $30, and the 3 pack CD-R for $10.

My wife went up to Walmart and got some things there (not Rochester, smaller store not too far away =) and overall I think I've seen better deals other years, but not too shabby this year.

$90 for a 200gig hard drive with a one year warranty? probably not SATA?

could have gotten a better performing Seagate with 5 year warranty, AND SATA at newegg for $20 more...

hit best buy at 2:30am, had to deal with people butting in line. when the doors opened, it was a bum rush; the 160gb wd hdds were gone in a min; i grabbed the 725va ups i wanted and left. anyone at germantown would know the actual cashier line in the first 15min after opening was non-existant, as many waited in the customer service line:confused: :p all i know is that i'm currently outta cash :(

the only worthwhile sales this year were dvd sales, as some of you will attest.

edit: i feel like an idiot; all the stuff i really needed was on sale at compusa this past wed :(

Yeah I just walked in at 11:55 and picked up one off the many 6800 left.. I guess no one in my town is big on the BF stuff.

my friend and i went to the staples first... and we score pretty nicely this year...

we got following items...

Maxtor 160 gig - 74.94 (has $30 Easy rebate)
Teon 40pk DVD+R - 17.94 (has $15 Easy rebate)
Secure Digital Card - 44.94 (has $15 Easy rebate)
PNY 256mb Attache - 19.94 (has $10 Easy rebate)
Staples Surge Protector - 4.94 (has $5 Easy rebate)

paid 176.12 but we had 30 off 150 coupon and that brought down to 146.12 so after all the rebate it is basically around 70 bux for all those items... :D

@ CompUSA

we got MS wireless optical "Groovy" Mouse for $7.99 but i found out that there is $5 rebate on this mouse! :cool:

@Office Depot

I got Targus notebook optical mouse for my uncle....

@ Radioshack

Got Kronus 55 piece Toolkit for $10 and Ridata 50pk CD-R for $12.99 (w/ 15 rebate form... lol)

@ Fry's

Too many people!!!! Couldnt get anything......the check out line was about 2 miles long!!!! :eek:

@ BB

got FujiFilm 100pk CD-R for 18.99 - 10 BB bux - 8 rebate = 0.99 (lol) - didnt know all those BB 1 buck can be stackable.... wow...
:D

Steak said:
BB: 4:am, 2 for $59.98 AR
WDHD.jpg

You're only gonna get one rebate ;)

They check the CC# on the purchase, so even with different address, you'll only get one

BB at 4:00. Waited 2 hours.

Snagged the $200 emachines (reselling for $550 :D), the 725 UPS backup, the $3 DVD+R, and the 160gb drive.

Now, here's the kicker. They didn't want to sell the PC's or the Toshiba laptop, unless you paid for their $80 "customization", which includes Norton 2005 and adaware. And takes an hour. Of course, with 100 to sell, that didn't go over well. They wouldn't sell a computer without at LEAST checking it, which involves opening the box/etc. I told them no fucking way, and after fighting with them for 10min, they agreed to let me out the door with an unopened box :rolleyes:

Fucking retards, it's illegal to advertize one thing, and then force people to pay $80 more to get it...

But oh well, I got it, it's done, and life is good. :)

Back