PC Power & Cooling RMA Support is a Joke

riggs58

Limp Gawd
I just received my RMA replacement PSU (Silencer 750) back from PCP&C and I'm pissed. They haphazardly stuffed a repaired PSU back in a beat-up retail box and in the process broke off a plastic retention tab on one of the motherboard power connectors (square 4-pin). I'm just as angry though, in the way they shipped it back to me. They ask customers to send back the defective PSU with at least 2" of clearance around the shipping box but they ship back a working PSU back to me in a shipping box with absolutely NO clearance at all! And this is with their PR guy at Newegg saying that most PSU defects are caused by shipping damage. Also, I was under the impression I was going to get a NEW PSU back from them in return, not a repair job in an old beat-up retail box (I shipped mine back in a pristine retail box). If they were going to ship my old one back they could have at least shipped back my PSU screws, they KEPT THEM! In short, their RMA support is a joke and I would discourage anyone from buying a PSU from them.

Silverstone did something similar to me once, don't take it personal, its most likely a F up on someones part as opposed to overall policy.

I would think they will make it right if you communicate the problem to them calmly.

i'd be pretty pissed too and you have a right to be. after hearing all their DOA problems they in which they claim its damaged from shipping, you'd think they would be a little more careful on their part. Although with the numbers of reports i've seen lately I'm thinking its more of a shipping issue.

you can be nice the first time around but when they mess up a second time, i definitely feel you have a right to be upset.

Problem resolved. I emailed them yesterday in a not so calm way and today they told me they are very sorry for their poor performance and all parties involved were notified of my experience and that it will not happen again. They are sending me a new unit with a pre-paid shipping label so I can send back my old PSU at no additional cost to me. All in all, I'm very satisfied with PCP&P on resolving this matter. Yesterday I was fuming mad about the situation but it looks like they really do stand behind their products and support their customers.

Yesterday I was fuming mad about the situation but it looks like they really do stand behind their products and support their customers.

Understandable of you being mad.

Glad to read that the situation has been solved. I'd probably do what you did of the email and to make them realize the upsetting situation.

Although this does not matter much, what color did you get? I like how they offer Black, Blue and Red for a color variety of their Silencer line.

Understandable of you being mad.

Glad to read that the situation has been solved. I'd probably do what you did of the email and to make them realize the upsetting situation.

Although this does not matter much, what color did you get? I like how they offer Black, Blue and Red for a color variety of their Silencer line.

I'd like to say I got the Black one cause I'm stealthy like that but actually it was because it was the cheapest. Not sure why the other colors cost more at the time I bought mine (5 months ago) but it just didn't make sense to pay more just for a color I wouldn't even see most of the time.

Glad to hear the RMA support is better than you initially expected. I Just purchased a Silencer 750 from Newegg and it arrived DOA...obviously it's happened to a few other people as well, but this is my first defective unit from them.

I opened a ticket with them this evening. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as your experience, as I do not want to pay for shipping this defective unit to PC Power & Cooling. Just out of curiosity, who did you e-mail/contact in the event this needs to be escalated? (not sure if they shared their name or not in their return e-mail)

Glad to hear the RMA support is better than you initially expected. I Just purchased a Silencer 750 from Newegg and it arrived DOA...obviously it's happened to a few other people as well, but this is my first defective unit from them.

I opened a ticket with them this evening. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as your experience, as I do not want to pay for shipping this defective unit to PC Power & Cooling. Just out of curiosity, who did you e-mail/contact in the event this needs to be escalated? (not sure if they shared their name or not in their return e-mail)

Unfortunately, you'll have to pay to ship to PCP&C. If you didn't remove the UPC label from the retail box you can RMA it back to Newegg. You will still have to pay to ship it to them too but at least you'll be guranteed a new PSU, not a repaired/refurbished one. My PSU failed after 5 months use and I removed the UPC label for a rebate so my only choice was to RMA it to PCP&C. As for my PCP&C contact, his name was Allen Chung. I think he's the only rep that deals with RMA's as all my email correspondance has been with him. You can also try calling them but their support desk closes at 5:00pm PST, I believe.

Back