OSVR Cardboard: Play OSVR compatible VR PC games using a Google Cardboard.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
OSVR Cardboard lets you play OSVR compatible virtual reality PC games using a Google Cardboard viewer.
https://nourish.je/projects/osvr-cardboard/

Seems to need Nvidia and IOS app.

OSVR Cardboard is an iOS app, based on the open source Moonlight game streaming project, which acts as an orientation tracker and remote display for OSVR. This allows you to play PC VR games (including SteamVR games) on your phone using a Google Cardboard viewer.

SteamVR

SteamVR support in OSVR Cardboard is experimental. SteamVR must be used in Extended mode, and you need to add "displayName": "Your main PC monitor name" to the osvr section of steamvr.vrsettings. Start SteamVR, run your game, then find the Steam window named “Headset Window” and click inside it. This should make it fullscreen, and it will appear on the phone.

I messed around with this stuff using other software before I received my Rift. It works, but the latency is astronomical.

I messed around with this stuff using other software before I received my Rift. It works, but the latency is astronomical.
Yeah, this points out just how a phone is not a "real" HMD when it comes to gaming in VR.

Back