OMG what did EK do?

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
Look at the ugly designs they added to their entire lineup

http://www.ekwb.com/products/

Circles everywhere . . .wow. They had such sexy products before

img3.jpg

Plus it's extra work that they do on manufacturing, which will eventually pass on as a price increase to the buyer. I agree, streamlined waterblocks were cheaper and sexier.

I'm not gonna lie, I really like the new designs.

Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah but......when it's installed, in most cases the design is underneath the card and you can't see it anyway.;)

I think it's "different".

Yeah but......when it's installed, in most cases the design is underneath the card and you can't see it anyway.;)

I think it's "different".

And the reason why EK blocks were popular was because they performed well and looked nice, as well as having good quality. Now, quality is down the drain, and performance is equivalent. The only thing left was aesthetics, and to date EK is the only company that offered see-through nickel-plated blocks. Take aesthetics away, and now what do they have?

The above post hit it on the head, their quality control has gone down the toilet. So not only is the plating garbage, but the machining job is as well. Break out the koolaid, just make sure it isn't distilled water.

been plenty of threads here

I was quite relieved when I recently serviced my loop and found my HF Supreme to be among the good ones...but I am done with EK

I guess I quite like it?

But then again, I have not one artistic bone in my body.

Scrolled down to see a unicorn playing with his giant dick while I'm at work in front of security cameras.. not cool.

That is firmly your own fault, we are not here to moderate the internet for viewing at your workplace. Maybe you should block images to avoid this problem in the future.

That is firmly your own fault, we are not here to moderate the internet for viewing at your workplace. Maybe you should block images to avoid this problem in the future.

I didn't say it was anyone else's fault. Just providing a warning. Had I been on a work computer it wouldn't been an issue since images are blocked for the most part. But I brought my own laptop to get some stuff down during my down time.. and well.. images aren't blocked on a machine that's usually at home.

Scrolled down to see a unicorn playing with his giant dick while I'm at work in front of security cameras.. not cool.

I send semi-pr0n emails to my boss and our network admin sends me torrent links to download for him from my home line :D

I didn't say it was anyone else's fault. Just providing a warning. Had I been on a work computer it wouldn't been an issue since images are blocked for the most part. But I brought my own laptop to get some stuff down during my down time.. and well.. images aren't blocked on a machine that's usually at home.

I didn't mean to come off so rudely, sorry about that. A warning for NSFW content would certainly be appreciated, but not everyone has the time to filter through every link they post in order to check for and flag inappropriate content. I'll agree that the image in question was pretty revolting, but the internet is a big bad place and everything you click should be at your own discretion. Just my opinion on the matter.

Personally, I wish I had a job where browsing internet forums is an acceptable way to pass time :D

Hrmmmm... I have an EK Supreme HF Full Gold(EK Supreme HF full copper, gold plated).

I've been using it for almost two years, 24/7, and I bought it used off a guy who used it for ~6 months, so it's about 2.5 years old.
The entire time I've used clear PC Ice mixed about 50/50 with distilled.

I last took it apart 3 months ago. Which puts it at about 2 years and 3 months of use. It had no signs of corrosion on the plating whatsoever.

I'm just sayin'.

Hrmmmm... I have an EK Supreme HF Full Gold(EK Supreme HF full copper, gold plated).

I've been using it for almost two years, 24/7, and I bought it used off a guy who used it for ~6 months, so it's about 2.5 years old.

I last took it apart 3 months ago. Which puts it at about 2 years and 3 months of use. It had no signs of corrosion on the plating whatsoever.

I'm just sayin'.

Yes, it appears there were a few specific batches with the bad plating produced about 2 years ago. The real issue was not so much the QC snafu as EK's totally unacceptable response to it. It was a real soap opera; denial, nasty blame casting, attempted extortion, the works.

I'm just sayin'.

The issue is nickle-plating.

The issue is more than just nickel plating, it's Eddy and the way in which he chooses to do business.

The problem is, even if you dislike EK they are pretty much the only company to get stuff from for lots of things. For example, a few others like Koolance only seem to do blocks for 1 or 2 motherboards, while EK seem to do blocks for pretty much any "enthusiast" board. So for this kind of application you really don't have much choice. Same with non standard GPU PCBs, or brand new cards. They tend to be first to market and carry more range, for longer than other companies.

They could randomly saw blocks in half and claim user damage, but as theres no alternative, there isn't really anywhere for users to go to easily, so people will put up with much more.

The problem is, even if you dislike EK they are pretty much the only company to get stuff from for lots of things. For example, a few others like Koolance only seem to do blocks for 1 or 2 motherboards, while EK seem to do blocks for pretty much any "enthusiast" board. So for this kind of application you really don't have much choice. Same with non standard GPU PCBs, or brand new cards. They tend to be first to market and carry more range, for longer than other companies.

They could randomly saw blocks in half and claim user damage, but as theres no alternative, there isn't really anywhere for users to go to easily, so people will put up with much more.

I bought MIPS blocks for my ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. For my ram I bought Bitspower. What we should be doing is asking mobo manufacturers is to standardize their mofset/vreg/chipset hole patterns.

wtf darth-nasty pic link.big deal.afraid someone might get offended:rolleyes:,like any of us over there give a shit about that:eek:

Man, after reading the EK thread, I'm questioning whether or not I should buy my 570HD waterblock from them. There was even a new issue with a 7970 block and that's fairly recent. Guess I'm back to the drawing board on which manufacturer even makes a waterblock for my stupid HD card. Wish I would have known the difference before buying the HD card.

RealRedRaider rocked that nickle plating fiasco......

The guys over there put their money where their mouth was, ran the tests, and proved that EK had some bad juju in their plating process.

All the while, EK was blaming their customers and the evils of distilled water.

That said it was only the nickle plating at that time.
I still have not bought any EK since......only Heatkiller.:D

Yeah EK is really killing themselves right now with the new design after the plating issues from a while back.

Luckily there's still several good companies innovating and bringing new products to market, so losing EK isn't really hurting us that much I don't think.

Back