ok so its Feb 1st....

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok so its Feb 1st 147 am, here on the east coast... west coast time sucks... so its Feb 1st... anyway...

where are my damn prescott Benchmarks?!

Yes, I am awaiting them too. I want to get one, but if the benchmarks are bad, then it's an Athlon 64 3400 for me.

I hope they do well and that the p4 canters go down in price tremendously. That way building two computers for me and the wife don't nail me quite as hard. I figure I'll just go with the canters and upgrade to prescotts and such when all the new chipsets, mobos, pci, etc , etc comes out.

inquirer is BS, i dont like them nor trust them...

I want anandtech and Kyle to do reviews before i beleive anything

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U

I want anandtech and Kyle to do reviews before i beleive anything

I've found them to be pretty accurate. Makes sense to me, Prescott wins some and loses some. It has a 1MB L2 but it also has more stages, seems right to me.

Originally posted by Bar81
DAMN, that thing's a furnace; doesn't the temp shutdown kick in around 70C?
130C or 135C. Throttling happens at around 72C. Though this is an early stepping and the review is from September or October.

the nda is up on the 2nd, not the 1st :p

and from the results i have in my hand, i wouldnt get your hopes up much...

Originally posted by emXry
the nda is up on the 2nd, not the 1st :p

and from the results i have in my hand, i wouldnt get your hopes up much...

i suspected that would be the case. thanks, you didn't break nda, but gave us all that we needed.:D

Originally posted by pakotlar
i suspected that would be the case. thanks, you didn't break nda, but gave us all that we needed.:D

theres a lot more to be seen than just the benches. and actually i am personally not under nda, i'm just not the kind of person to crash a party ...

...since i dont want 1000 intel lawyers at my front door. :D

I'm more interested in how well does it overclock than how it does against the northwood in benches.

Originally posted by SLee
130C or 135C. Throttling happens at around 72C. Though this is an early stepping and the review is from September or October.

No kidding, who knows how much older that chip is.

Yes but noon at your time zone. That's when i heard it's supposed to be lifted, Guess it depends where you are.

There will be one at my home page and forum www.xtremesystems.org

12noon Pacific time. that's 3pm eastern USA time for me.

He's had the chip for a while. And no Noob review like some sites.

Im assuming from basic on air, to full blown Modded Phase change.

This review will be done with a 2.8 and a modified Mach1 R507 refrigerant modded.

And im guessing all other sites will hit their review at the same time. Depends on what kind of review your looking for.

Ours is definitly not paid for!!

im a mod in xtremeoverclocking forums, come join the fun.

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U

I agree. They quite often post articles that turn out to be completely wrong in the end. I still visit the site, but I realize now that all I'm seeing are speculative rumors.

Originally posted by Tedinde
Yes but noon at your time zone. That's when i heard it's supposed to be lifted, Guess it depends where you are.

There will be one at my home page and forum www.Xtremesystem.org

12noon Pacific time. that's 3pm eastern USA time for me.

He's had the chip for a while. And no Noob review like some sites.

Im assuming from basic on air, to full blown Modded Phase change.

This review will be done with a 2.8 and a modified Mach1 R507 refrigerant modded.

And im guessing all other sites will hit their review at the same time. Depends on what kind of review your looking for.

Ours is definitly not paid for!!

im a mod in xtremeoverclocking forums, come join the fun.

ooh ooh, cool (no pun intended? :D ). So T - 2:22.

He has been tortureing us in the fourms for a while, but he sticks to his NDA

Originally posted by LstOfTheBrunnenG
Site is down!!!!

I should be flogged. I spelled it wrong, forgot the "S" on the end.

Try this

www.xtremesystems.org

Dam i hope we remembered to pay the bill. Getting hammered.!!!

Only stock speed reviews everywhere so far.

Hmm how many servers are up to the task @ NDA hour, i guess well see, the link @ toms is down.

Last to believe is toms hardware!!!! Unless he didnt get some cash along with the chip!!!!

But if its on a toms asus board it will always be faster than anything else according to him

To save everyone the trouble on the Tom review - slower than Northwood and hotter; don't waste your time until the higher speeds and LGA-775 packaging hits.

Originally posted by Bar81
To save everyone the trouble on the Tom review - slower than Northwood and hotter; don't waste your time until the higher speeds and LGA-775 packaging hits.

Not all were slower??

Slower in some faster in other benchies. No Overclocking at all in the review, Which is what most of us are after.

And about wasting time. Buy now buy later, what's the difference. There will always be something better so why ever buy anything at all??

Plus there was a problem with the L1 cache being recognized by boards, is it recognized in toms reveiw, or even a mention.

And where did you see the temps at in the review??

So strange Prescott takes such a beating in sisoft, but keeps up fine in media encoding as northwood. Seems like HT isnt even on.

But screw synthetic benchies anyway.

Media encoding maybe the only reason anyone would want to upgrade to prescott from the looks of these benchmarks.

Saw somewhere in a Asian forum the FPU was 3x faster?? dont see it though. F@H would take a nice jump though

Ted! one question for you then

Would you say its worth it to get a Prescott 3.2 over a northwood 3.2?

THanks...

Originally posted by Tedinde
Not all were slower??

Slower in some faster in other benchies. No Overclocking at all in the review, Which is what most of us are after.

And about wasting time. Buy now buy later, what's the difference. There will always be something better so why ever buy anything at all??

Plus there was a problem with the L1 cache being recognized by boards, is it recognized in toms reveiw, or even a mention.

And where did you see the temps at in the review??

Okay, slower in all the real world gaming benchmarks which is all that matters.

No, there is a difference between buying now and buying later. If you already have a Northwood you'd be pretty stupid to upgrade unless you use the 3 or so programs that actually show a marked improvement with the Prescott core.

I think the temp comment was in the conclusion and you'll see mention of it again in the mbreview review above.

So, in the end, barring drastically different results from hardocp or anand we'ver got to give credit to the Inq for being dead on.

EDIT: xbitlabs and hothardware confirm the above results - get a/keep your Northwood until LGA-775 hits and we see what benefits are to be had from the faster/later stepping Prescotts coupled with DDRII, PCI-E x16 Cards, etc

Yes the temps are way up in the newest links i put above. Super cooling might yeild something for these cpu's.

4+ ghz for prescott shots on a 2.8 are in fuggers review on xtremesystems too many hit the site. They are on the problem.

Guess the server wasnt xtreme enough!!hehe.

Also on the temps. All the reviews just about are done with earlier Stepping Prescotts, ES samples that were hot from the door some are 2 months old.

And no extra volts to the cpu, which will definitly cause problems for air cooling. Reviews are on stock intel HS also. 65-70 on the temps OC'd.

Intel can make these chips cheap though. And the good thing is it will drive P4 prices down accross the board. people that couldnt afford the 3.0 or 3.2c northwood or prescott, can afford it come tomorrow.

So far i am dissapointed in what im seeing. I've got a 2.8,3.0 and 3.2 prescott on their way.

They better get those temps down in future steppings But as fugger has told us on xtremesystems he is using the first stepping, and they are shipping the 3rd stepping of the prescotts, Im going to assume and hope, what we are seeing is a crappy first stepping of the chip.

I'll now Tuesday morning.

PS here's another review

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_prescott_3.2ghz_review/

Back