Official WHQL ForceWare 71.89

I've been using the 71.89 drivers for awhile now. All has been well with them. I have no issues with video playback of mpg, avi or any other types of files.

So far zero issues.

thats awesome that they wrok for yah, and im sure that somehow telling us that is helping someone somewhere LOL, but really the new drivers down work for me, all im asking is thatere a known fix or is there an omega driver out there for these?

I loaded these new drivers onto my 6800Ultra machine and also have Rivatuner installed. Having this combination has completely disabled my overclocking and returned my card to stock frequencies. If i change the settings by 1MHz and then I press "Test" it gives me an error saying that my clock frequencies are too high and I should lower them.

Speces of computer are below.

Can anyone explain to me what's going wrong?

are you running a VIA chipset?
I am and have an agp 6600gt it seems like people with VIA chipsets are the ones with problems.

Well, I figured im going to go ahead and resort to old version of drivers, because these are just not cutting it.

I'm going to remove RivaTuner and remove 71.89 drivers in that order and re-install some things.

Well i uninstalled 71.84 Official drivers, and installed the new 71.89 drivers...And for some reason, there seemed to be alot of glitchy boxes appearing all over my screen when using photoshop [and some white fading things in .wma format files], but my video card was the factory stock clock and nothing was overclocked. I uninstalled the 71.89 drivers and reverted back to the official 71.84 drivers, and none of this happens anymore. I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else with a 6600 nongt :/

-fr3d

Back