Oblivion, where to store your stuff.

what in the world?!

How are you guys getting so much money?!!!!
I'm only about level 7, but I've been broke the whole time. had about 600gold at one point and bought a new spell.

Also, what ingredients make valuable potions?
How do I get my own horse?

I've definitely seen thieves guild NPCs pickpocketing on their own without any relation to a scripted quest.

I've been meaning to follow around some Dark Brotherhood NPCs and see if they kill anyone.

One of the "Rumors" I recently heard talking to a NPCs was about a murder that I had nothing to do with, but I'm not sure if it was scripted or not (it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the story yet).

I also found a murdered body in a basement that may have been done by the AI, since I searched it and it didn't have any quest message or items.

I downloaded a house. Got sick of carrying my stuff around, and didnt have much money. Ill buy a house in the game sometime, just not for a while.

I make my money by exploring dungons, doing quests, and the arena. Im on level 9... I think... With about 6000 gold.

How much money do you make off potions? Iv been thinking about trying it..

J Macker said:
what in the world?!

How are you guys getting so much money?!!!!
I'm only about level 7, but I've been broke the whole time. had about 600gold at one point and bought a new spell.

Also, what ingredients make valuable potions?
How do I get my own horse?

At high enough of a level its easy to get 20-30k gold just from the items in one cave and you don't need to sell those to a fence even.

I finally spent a few hours last night selling most of the junk on my floor: all the non-magic, lower-level weapons and armor, jewels, clothes and random items. I mainly did it to raise Merchantile skill.

With all the casual play features/crutches in the game (like fast travel and compass), you'd think they would've improved loot management somehow. Maybe something like Dungeon Siege II, where you can convert unwanted items to gold in the field or being able to use your horse as a pack mule.

i am level 1 still and i am the guildmaster of the theives guild, grand champion of the arena, on to the dead drops of the dark brotherhood and i have 18k.dont really need the fair level scaling mods since i havent really touched the difficulty slider yet. only bad part is that i dont get very good stuff. steel is about the best i have seen so far.

i didnt realize that you had to sleep to grow levels till yesterday :( so i just didnt sleep b/c i though there wasnt any real benefit too. i am going to once i get off from work though

Estaban said:
i didnt realize that you had to sleep to grow levels till yesterday :( so i just didnt sleep b/c i though there wasnt any real benefit too. i am going to once i get off from work though

heck dude, you'll have to rest about 25-30 times to level up based on everything you've done.
I did notice that I leveled up even after only 1 hour of rest... which seemed kinda strange. They should have made it be at least 6 hours to be more realistic

I have a couple of questions... May or may not have already been answered, I didn't read the entire thread for I don't have much time right now.

1) How do you get a house? I've seen options to buy a house, but no one will allow me to do so..

2) Once you have a house, can you set up security so that only you can have access to your home?

From the Wiki:

wiki said:
Nudity from both the player portrait and creatures has been partially removed, though the PC version retains the code for topless models.

Sweet! I am so downloading that mod when it comes out!

Back