Nvidia plans to lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience registration

Yup, I guess most people whining actually never used the software:

14j6qsy.png

Really? Do I need a screenshot everytime nvidias piece of shit bloatware craps out on me? Sorry I have better things to do than to deal with bullshit. I have GFE crash multiple times, often times it won't even load and repeats the same error and even now on a fresh Windows 10 install GFE will randomly crap out and decide "Oh hey I don't want to open today, you can just install your drivers manually, thanks.". Yeah no thanks, I would rather do without this useless piece of crap software.

Some of you need to get off the Nvidia hype train and realize that not everyone is going to have the same "Experience" as you.

Wow.....Really making us USE The bloatware to install drivers? God first AMD goes to shit, now Nvidia shoving bloatware down our throats.

Ugh we need a 3rd vendors for Graphics cards. I am getting sick of all this bullshit.

Really? Do I need a screenshot everytime nvidias piece of shit bloatware craps out on me? Sorry I have better things to do than to deal with bullshit. I have GFE crash multiple times, often times it won't even load and repeats the same error and even now on a fresh Windows 10 install GFE will randomly crap out and decide "Oh hey I don't want to open today, you can just install your drivers manually, thanks.". Yeah no thanks, I would rather do without this useless piece of crap software.

Some of you need to get off the Nvidia hype train and realize that not everyone is going to have the same "Experience" as you.

You cannot find settings in a program, so PICNIC + you have some 3rd party crap installed or a borked system.

Sure blame someone else for that. :rolleyes:

Wow.....Really making us USE The bloatware to install drivers? God first AMD goes to shit, now Nvidia shoving bloatware down our throats.

Ugh we need a 3rd vendors for Graphics cards. I am getting sick of all this bullshit.

Search in Windows uses more resources in the background.

Are ´sure you know the definition of bloatware, because you posts indicates you do not, quite the opposite.

You cannot find settings in a program, so PICNIC + you have some 3rd party crap installed or a borked system.

Hey look another nvidia troll that has decided to drink too much of the koolaid.

About half this thread is full of complaints and you really think it's our fault? I haven't worked for 6 years in IT to be told I am the one causing the problem. Also you must not have been to the Nvidia forums lately or you would see GFE is nothing but useless bullshit.

16,8 MB and 0% CPU.

That is ~0.13% of my RAM...for <1% CPU...OH...THE...HORROR :D

Poke all the fun you want. GFE causes issues. For me, depending on the game, my display would randomly lock up and turn gray for a fewseconds until the driver recovered. I did multiple complete and clean driver installs for different searies and it still happened. When ever I would be live streaming it seemed to happen more aggressvely. I finally uninstalled the components I didn't need (GFE, and the audio driver), and only had the graphics driver and physics driver installed. Haven't had that issue since then. So from my point of view, GFE sucks. It's now about the resource usage, which sould not be an issue on any modern machine, as I already pointed out earlier, but rather a quality control/stability issue.

Like some users I have seen the additional NV services eat away at more reasources than that. For those that might be using a less powerful rig I can see how it might impact the experience. Either way, if you don't NEED a certain piece of software or a feature it offers, why install it?

GFE is just marketing BS at its best anyway. Rewind the clock back to the 8800 GTX days, and before that even, when SLI was first reintroduced with the 6800 Ultra's. There were no "game ready drivers", just drivers. If a new game came out, you played the game just fine, and if a driver set came out that dramatically improved anything only then would most bother to update. The exception for that being SLi, if you had SLi you needed to update the drivers for SLi support; even then, for some games you could make your own SLi profile.

To me all this "GAME READY" and "GEFORE EXPERIENCE!!!" is just marketing at it's best and hasn't really done much for adding new features that mean anything. At least that's how it looks to me when I take a step back and look at it all.

OMG ARE YOU READY FOR BATTLE FRONT? GET OUR NEW SUPERCHARGED OMGSOUCEBBQ DRIVERS NOW! OPTIMIZED JUST FOR YOU!!! BECOME A SUPER PRO MLG GAM3R NOW!

16,8 MB RAM...if that breaks your rig...GFE is not the problem.

Poke all the fun you want. GFE causes issues. For me, depending on the game, my display would randomly lock up and turn gray for a fewseconds until the driver recovered. I did multiple complete and clean driver installs for different searies and it still happened. When ever I would be live streaming it seemed to happen more aggressvely. I finally uninstalled the components I didn't need (GFE, and the audio driver), and only had the graphics driver and physics driver installed. Haven't had that issue since then. So from my point of view, GFE sucks.

GFE dosn't tinker with a game during runtime, you do know that right?

All I have to say is, I SHOULD NOT have to register to Nvidia's website to get drivers. That is just fucked up stupid.

This is probably the worst thing Nvidia could of done. It reminds me of apple forcing you to make a itunes account to download anything from the apple store.

Hey look another nvidia troll that has decided to drink too much of the koolaid.

About half this thread is full of complaints and you really think it's our fault? I haven't worked for 6 years in IT to be told I am the one causing the problem. Also you must not have been to the Nvidia forums lately or you would see GFE is nothing but useless bullshit.

All I see are posters whining and pointing the finger...without any documentation.

And if you compare the userbase to the whiners...the problem seems not to be with the GFE, but some very small minority of users.

If you could document you claims, I would listen...untill then...I JUST SAW ELVIS..and you cannot prove me WRONG!

You still don't get it do you? I don't need it, I don't want it. It does nothing that is useful for me. So why am I forced to install it anyway?

Sometimes it seems fanboys would kiss up to nvidia even if they were to murder their friends and family.

In other words, the general advantage of Nvidia having good drivers just evaporated. I don't need bloatware, auto updating drivers that may cause issues in previous games, letting software choose my graphic settings or crap running in the background.

GFE dosn't tinker with a game during runtime, you do know that right?

Okay then, Mr. Koolaid man. Riddle me this: Why is my system 100% solid now during gameplay WITHOUT GFE?

I didn't imagne my games/drives crashing, and what the fix was.

GFE is the most broken piece of shit I have ever dealt with, dear god. Everytime I launch that useless turd my PC feels like locking up while it scans my entire 4TB HDD for fucking games i don't really give a shit about. It takes me longer to open up GFE to update my drivers than it does to just download them from their site.

you haven't use the AMD version of it I guess. use it and then come back with your comment.

You still don't get it do you? I don't need it, I don't want it. It does nothing that is useful for me. So why am I forced to install it anyway?

Sometimes it seems fanboys would kiss up to nvidia even if they were to murder their friends and family.

Yap, why I have him on Ignore list. If you go around to other websites with comments about this. You can see him defending the same crap on there.

All I see are posters whining and pointing the finger...without any documentation.

And if you compare the userbase to the whiners...the problem seems not to be with the GFE, but some very small minority of users.

If you could document you claims, I would listen...untill then...I JUST SAW ELVIS..and you cannot prove me WRONG!

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...tarting-up-but-the-process-is-running-issue-/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...y-this-solution-first-ddu-driver-uninstaller/

Should I just go ahead and post every sticky on their forum? Oh and this is only from the official forum. Seriously dude, wake up and realize Nvidia is literally forcing adoption for no reason other than to maybe increase ad revenue or brainwash more users.

you haven't use the AMD version of it I guess. use it and then come back with your comment.

Haven't been on AMD since '10 but from what I have seen on my brothers computer it looked like the same shit. Honestly I can't stand either of these stupid softwares but now Nvidia is forcing it on us.

I'm cracking up at Factum aggressively defending GFE here.

He's like the pure distilled form of "I'm not having any problems so everyone else must be making it up".

Okay then, Mr. Koolaid man. Riddle me this: Why is my system 100% solid now during gameplay WITHOUT GFE?

Are you sure it was GFE? There was a bug with their drivers for a while around the time of the 980 Ti released that caused driver crashes like what you've described. They fixed that a few releases ago and I haven't had any issues since.

No issues with GFE, I kind of like that I have a single point on my system that can modify in game settings download and update my drivers, and lists my installed games.

Is Nvidia mining a bunch of data from me probably, does it really matter?

No, just install your Waifu games on a different partition/folder it can't see.

Are you sure it was GFE? There was a bug with their drivers for a while around the time of the 980 Ti released that caused driver crashes like what you've described. They fixed that a few releases ago and I haven't had any issues since.

It was also a known fact for a time that the streamer service was dropping FPS in games and that manually disabling the task after launching would increase performance. So I believe either one is true.

Pretty sure. I installed the latest WHQL drivers about a week or so ago, and it still happened. I uninstalled everything but the graphics and physics drivers and have been fine since.

Also worth noting, that when the crash would happen and the drivers recovered themselves in Windows, GFE was no longer useable until I rebooted me PC. Sometimes the icon would still be in the task tray, and sometimes it would be gone. The interesting part was if I ALT+TAB back into my game after that little crash it wouldn't happen again. That's what lead me to uninstalling GFE and any other nVidia compenet that wasn't needed.

16,8 MB and 0% CPU.

That is ~0.13% of my RAM...for <1% CPU...OH...THE...HORROR :D

And? Viruses can be small too, yet they can cause a bit of trouble... Or so I hear...

It probably scans your PC and reports back what you have installed to Nvidia. That type of information would be incredibly useful to a corporation like Nvidia. No, I don't have proof that it does. It just makes sense that it would check out your system to make recommendations on settings for your games.

Nvidia Geforce Experience; the Facebook of PC Gaming! It already has a 82% market penetration. They just need you to relent your information to the hive mind.

Of course I'm just having a bit of fun with this. Don't get upset. :)
You have to be careful with that snarkiness. Somebody might quote it in an article somwhere, and all of the sudden it's a source on Wikipedia :cool:.

In other words, the general advantage of Nvidia having good drivers just evaporated. I don't need bloatware, auto updating drivers that may cause issues in previous games, letting software choose my graphic settings or crap running in the background.
The default behavior of GFE if you don't change the settings is to automatically download, but only install when the user tells it to. You can turn all of this off, so that GFE only checks for updates when the user manually tells it to.

It was also a known fact for a time that the streamer service was dropping FPS in games and that manually disabling the task after launching would increase performance. So I believe either one is true.
I remember that. And it turns out that in that particular instance GFE reset its settings back to default after updating. So, I went into the options and turned ShadowPlay off and everything was fine again.

It seems like people just don't want to bother changing settings? Which is weird, considering the supposed enthusiast audience of this forum.

I personally don't understand the hate by some users for GFE. It's never given me problems and I tend to use it's shadowplay + fps counter features quite often. I wish NVIDIA wouldn't put game ready drivers on it for those who don't want GFE but at the same time I don't think it's that big of a deal either. They do have statistics showing 90% of their users do get the latest drivers from GFE so it makes sense for NVIDIA to continue to build on their integrated GFE ecosystem and that is a good thing, especially compared to their rival which relies on 3rd party software which I hear isn't very good.

I started using GFE over a year ago and haven't had many issues with it. Some quirks I've noticed is that it gets some of the game optimizations wrong. Settings are sometimes too extreme or less than optimal. The last driver update via GFE threw a runtime error at the end of the install. Didn't seem to affect anything but was annoying to see. There was also a "GeForce Experience encountered an error and must close" issue several months ago. This was affecting several users and Nvidia fixed it pretty quick.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...e-experience-crash-on-driver-tab-now-fixed/1/

They should give GFE more time to mature before forcing it on us. I see a major shitstorm brewing.

Holy shit that thing has Phone Number Recognition? (Exaggerated response.) But seriously. WTF is that? Why does Nvidia need your phone number? To call and see if your Titan is sleeping well?

I use GeForce Experience to Gamestream to my Nvidia SHIELD TV so this doesn't bother me. I've been updating my drivers via it for a while anyway.

According to Nvidia, 90% of their driver installs are thru GFE. Not sure I believe that.
Maybe because it installs by default with the manual driver downloads. Most people probably take it by accident.

I've been using GFE for a long time with absolutely zero issues whatsoever. While I think this is a really stupid thing for Nvidia to do, everyone's complaints over GFE itself seem a little ridiculous.

According to Nvidia, 90% of their driver installs are thru GFE. Not sure I believe that.
Maybe because it installs by default with the manual driver downloads. Most people probably take it by accident.

You underestimate the number of joe sixpacks out there who value that kind of convenience. Why do you think apps are the new hotness? People want apps to do everything for them, power users are becoming a thing of the past. If I were in charge of GFE, I'd still offer up game ready drivers on a geforce gaming website but I can also appreciate that this makes it easy and efficient for NVIDIA to distribute game ready drivers to gamers using a single application that alerts all of them at the same time. That way those that don't need game ready drivers can get the quarterly updates from their website and aren't inundated by frequent updates that NVIDIA typically does for gamers.

The only people who get extra convenience from this change are Nvidia themselves... It's an inconvenience for me, I don't have GFE installed. I don't want to install GFE. But now they're saying I must install it or they are going to punish me by denying me drivers.

I would sooner sell my card on Ebay and switch to AMD than install GFE.

The only people who get extra convenience from this change are Nvidia themselves... It's an inconvenience for me, I don't have GFE installed. I don't want to install GFE. But now they're saying I must install it or they are going to punish me by denying me drivers.

I would sooner sell my card on Ebay and switch to AMD than install GFE.

Being a bit too over dramatic there Tainted? If a simple application is going to drive you to ditch your card then go for it but I suspect AMD, as usual, will follow in NVIDIAs footsteps.

Being a a bit too overdramatic there Tainted? If a simple application is going to drive you to ditch your card then go for it but I suspect AMD, as usual, will follow in NVIDIAs footsteps.
Hopefully someone will find a way to pull direct links from Nvidia's servers, or create a standalone program to pull driver updates by itself. Because I'm not going to willingly put Nvidia's malware on my PC.
I'm guessing sites like Guru3D will still mirror the drivers, they just won't be available on Nvidia's website.

Who knows maybe Nvidia will put DRM in their GFE drivers now? lol

Ok...ok...

Stop all the whining here.

And just bend over and take it.

I have already given the answer to that.

But let me go down to the level that some posters whining here might understand:

No GFE: *Your PC* <-> *your game* | *3rd party crap app/process* = No problem
With GFE + Crap: *Your PC* <-> *your game* <-> GFE <-> *3rd party crap app/process* = Problem
With GFE - Crap: *Your PC* <-> *your game* <-> GFE = No problem

You have never developed software, that much I can figure.

I remember om Vista, installing a new driver for my webcam right around launch.
That webcam driver FUBAR'ed my sound in Vista...and gave bluescreens in games...that DID not use the webcam (or even a mic)...and randomly in Windows.

I could, like you, have cried about "crappy software that BOSD (the game).
Instead I looked at my system, looked at what had changed, did a driver downgrade, problem dissapered and then I filed a bug-report at the webcam manufactor.

One week later a new webcam driver came, I upgraded, the issue did not come back.

But I guess it more easy to just whine without doing an error-search, why use brain...ignorance is the new "black" right?

I have in my +30 years in IT seen 3rd party software be the culprit more often than I like...also from users claiming their system was fine.
Until I got my hands on their system and saw al sorts of awfull crap messing things up, while the user was 100% oblivious and blamed other programs.

But I guess more users (myself included) are just bat-shite crazy-lucky in that our software works as intended.
Unlike the "wise" minority whos system act like "possed"...right? :rolleyes:

Nah, the more people who complain, the more likely Nvidia will scrap it.
It's better to flood their forums/email with complaints.

Hehehe, just having fun... :p

I would guess nvidia is testing the waters like their saber rattling about locking out overclocking on mobile GPUs.

I'm just surprised at the people insisting bloatware is ok.

Back