Newegg - HardForum Exclusive SSD Deals - UPDATED 11/13

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker
NOTE FOR 11/13/14 ONLY WE HAVE A CATEGORY WIDE SSD PROMO CODE:
$10 Off All SSD purchases w/ Promo Code FSMPCBFX up to $30 per order Today Only at Newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/SSDs/Category...Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na

---

HardForum Exclusives:

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147194
Save: $230.00 (46%) + USD $10 off w/ promo code HOCP1113EX, ends 11/14 + FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE
$259.99

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147251
Save: $110 (20%) + USD $20 off w/ promo code HOCP1112EX, ends 11/13 + FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE
$419.99

Last edited:
Bought two of the M500s when they were shell-shocker deal on the 3rd, great performance.

Wait, I thought the M500 240GB drive was $99 at release? Or am I confusing it with another Crucial 240GB SSD?

The M500 240GBs were on sale recently on Zon for $89.

so tempted to buy one -- don't even need it really... but would be nice to have a nice SSD to stick in my USB3.0 portable hdd thingy.... to be able to (quickly) do a backup of my personal data every now and then (~100GB) and stick it in my fire proof safe in the closet. Plus being SSD it could take a few bumps and bruises and not totally get all F'd up.

Update:

found the same thing on amazon -- for the same (discounted) price.

Only perk of buying there is the fact lots of people get 5% cashback on amazon on certain CC's, total out the door price $98 for a top shelf 240GB SSD, pretty sweet!

Had to jump on the Crucial MX100 256GB for $101 shipped AC. With eDrive, IEEE-1667, OPAL 2.0, RAIN, and Power Loss Protection, this is the ideal choice for my Bitlocker-enabled work laptop.

According to Hover Hound price tracking on the M500 240GB....

Current Lowest Highest

Amazon $104.99 $89.99 on 11/03 $119.99 on 09/18

TigerDirect $114.99 $104.99 on 10/22 $129.99 on 09/13

Newegg $109.99 $104.99 on 11/10 $119.99 on 09/21

Was at $89 for one day on Amazon.

Anyone know why I get a big blank page with one white dot in the center whenever I attempt to follow Newegg links from Hardforum?
I suspect Kaspersky plugins running on Firefox... but I could be wrong.

Anyone know why I get a big blank page with one white dot in the center whenever I attempt to follow Newegg links from Hardforum?
I suspect Kaspersky plugins running on Firefox... but I could be wrong.

Probably being blocked by such an application. Have you tried CRTL-F5?

Probably being blocked by such an application. Have you tried CRTL-F5?

Yeah.. same result. I'll look into it, was just wondering if anyone else had seen such behavior. It only happens from these Hardforum links to Newegg.. looks like it is trying a redirect through Dotomi. Maybe a Kaspersky or the Noscript addon is thinking it's XSS.. or some such..

Thank you Newegg!
My wife does not thank you. I know I should not be buying myself stuff so close to Christmas, but I currently only have 128GB SSD...so it's kinda justified.

BTW, if you use the TSMPCBFZ ($10 off) code instead of the HardOCP one you can get the price down to $99.99 instead of the $104.99.

HardForum Exclusives:

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147251
Save: $110 (20%) + USD $20 off w/ promo code HOCP1112EX, ends 11/13 + FREE SHIPPING AVAILABLE
$419.99

Decent price, but just an Fyi.. the 1TB 840 Evo has been ~$390 at Newegg on at least 3 different occasions that I'm aware of (not including a few additional individually targeted promotions) and the new 1TB 850 Evo should be out *very soon*.

Definitely a good price for today, but that exclusive needs to be discounted a little [H]arder, imo ;)

Almost bought an Intel 730 but the price went up $20 a couple of minutes after I clicked on.

I love Newegg, Amazon, etc but the prices changing if you glance away are kinda lame

These prices don't seem hot at all? Seem to be typical prices when either of these two drives have gone on sale. Couple that with the Newegg super saver hipping that is often slow and its meh.

Good prices and especially if you have no tax from NewEgg purchases. The EVO 1TB drive had sold for as little as $379.99 on Sept. 25th at Amazon so there is a chance for better prices. However, if one needs a drive now, these prices are competitive right now.

Keep in mind that the 840 Pro supports Samsung's RAPID technology just like the 840 Evo and 850 Pro.

At this price, it would be completely foolish to choose the inferior TLC 3 year warranty 500GB 840 Evo over the MLC 5 year warranty 512GB 840 Pro.

I still don't see any promo pricing. Excitement level is 2/10. F- would not do again.

I still don't see any promo pricing. Excitement level is 2/10. F- would not do again.

It's a category wide Promo Code, not Promo Pricing. :)

Especially helps people wanting to get a decent budget SSD like this or this for about $50.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the 840 Pro supports Samsung's RAPID technology just like the 840 Evo and 850 Pro.

At this price, it would be completely foolish to choose the inferior TLC 3 year warranty 500GB 840 Evo over the MLC 5 year warranty 512GB 840 Pro.

Are the 840 EVO problems straightened out?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8550/...40-evo-read-performance-bug-fix-is-on-the-way

I put SSD on the backburner a few years ago because they still seemed to have too many issues (TRIM etc). I stared looking into one this week and read great things about 840 EVO - and then I came across issues again. Low prices on Newegg sometimes send up red flags because they unload stuff that can seem to be having problems

Are the 840 EVO problems straightened out?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8550/...40-evo-read-performance-bug-fix-is-on-the-way

I put SSD on the backburner a few years ago because they still seemed to have too many issues (TRIM etc). I stared looking into one this week and read great things about 840 EVO - and then I came across issues again. Low prices on Newegg sometimes send up red flags because they unload stuff that can seem to be having problems

It's been resolved, but I suppose time will tell since it was time delayed the first time.

Can't imagine putting off an SSD due to concerns with TRIM. An SSD with no TRIM would be better than a spinner.

That's a great price on the pro. If I didn't just buy the 850pro version I would of got this.

How well do these drives match up against the 840/850? My Dad could really use something like this to speed up his laptop. This might be a good budget SSD?

Yes, price/performance wise the mx100 is one of the best out there right now.

Back