Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Build a rig around it
Test it, Spec it, Review it
Turn it into a necklace for my future Geek Girl

2) Phenom/Barcelona/Agena

1. Have all the other NewEgg stuff I'll need to build another rig delivered to my office so that I can sneak it into the house when my wife's not there.

2. Phenom.

1. I was planning on building my daughter a cheap system for school and the few games she plays for christmas, but if I win I would give her my current s939 system and build a new one around the new proc. She would be thrilled because my current system is leaps and bounds above anything she will be getting otherwise and I would be extremely happy because that would be my only chance at upgrading anytime soon. Also, she would probably get it in a few years, so it would have a great home and taken well care of for many years to come.

2. Phenom

1. Raise my kids to believe the Earth revolves around a Sun powered by AMD
2. Phenom

1. Build a sweet am2 setup with Xfire'ed HD 3870s when they come out
2. Phenom FX, X4

1) What would you do if you won an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition CPU?
Put it on Swiftech Apex watercooling setup
2) What is the name of the new AMD next-generation desktop processor?
Phenom

1) Finally do what I've always said I was going to do. Buy a decent Mobo (Prob a new a new AMD 790) and overclock it to the heavens and be able let my soon to be purchased 3870XT stretch its legs and shine

2) Phenom

1. I would finally be able to upgrade my 754 AMD64 3400+ to the new AM2 socket and be able to have a CPU that would help me run Crysis!
2. Phenom

1.First I would get my best set of tools out and modify the pin layout to fit my socket A motherboard. After an exhaustive effort and the use of a hydraulic press I would then reformat my hard drive and make a clean install of windows 3.1. Next I would take two to three weeks off of work to configure drivers for the new machine at which time I would sell one or two, preferably two, of my sisters and use the proceeds to purchase a popping brand new ATI 3870. And lastly to enjoy the fruits of my labor I would pop open a cold one and lay down a large swath of Pwnage in the only game that really matters, Quake 2 Rocket Arena @ 1.21 jiga frames per second.

2. Phenom

1) Change out my C2D mainboard for an AMD again (Thank god I feel dirty with intel), and upgrade finish my home integration project since the current machine is just not powerful enough.

2) Phenom AKA Pure Silicon Sex.

:p

1) Sell all my 939 stuff, get a mobo and some cheapo value RAM (stick it on a divider) and OC the hell out of it.

2) Phenom

1- sell it and buy a Q9550 and an X38 mobo off of newegg in jan, and probably sell my GTS for a GT just for the fun of it.
2- Phenom X2/X3/X4...

1: Build something slightly more sleek than the XP 2500 which ive employed as my gaming rig for the last forever. 512 megs of ram isnt cutting it anymore either. Let the family computer have an upgrade too heh.

Would love to play with a modern processor and see just how much awesome can be squeezed out of it. ;)

2: Phenom looks to be the next offering from AMD. Middle of november!

1. Build my wife a new PC (she's running a P4 1.8 w/ RDRAM currently :()
2. Phenom / Agena

1) Upgrade my old Socket 939 computer and enjoy some serious SPEED with my new board!
2)Phenom baby!

1) I'm going to use it in my new computer so that I can type "amd and hardocp rules!" 5000 times.
2) phenom

1. Since I have been struggling to make ends meet and my son needs a computer, I would try and get the rest of the money to build him one..

2. Phenom

thanks newegg

I would descend into the mancave with this little beaut and overclock the crap out of it!
Phenom

1. I would UPGRAYDD my leet s939 rig and have some serious W00t Parties!
2. Phenom

Thanks!

1) Improve this corner detection, image matching algorithm I'm writing! Seriously, it's taking forever to compute and improve the parameters on my old pentium 4.
2) AMD Phenom

1) I'd keep my current system for myself and use the 5000+ to build a system for my baby sister to learn graphic editing on so she'll want to go to college.

2) Phenom

1) Stop using so much Intel gear. Through no fault of my own, my last three machines have been Intel-based, and I'd like to have broken that trend two machines ago, thank you very much.

2) Phenom.

1. Rebuild my wife a new computer surrounding this awesome processor replacing her equally awesome AMD Athlon 3800+

2. Phenom

1 - I'd be able to buy parts for a new rig, and donate my existing rig (Athlon 64 3200+, Asus K8V SE Deluxe) to a church that needed a reliable machine for internet, e-mails, updating the church's newsletter, etc.

2 - Phenom !!

1. I'd use it to build a new system for a friend who still runs an Athlon XP setup.
2. Phenom

1. I would build my wife a computer in an Antec Minuet case because I've been telling her that I would do so for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure it'd be worth it.
2. Phenom

1. Put it in my not-yet-finished AM2 rig. (Talk about good timing.:D) find a nice stable OC. Add 2 more cores of processing power for the [H]orde!!:)

2. Phenom

Props to the [H]ard Forum and newegg for promotions like this! Well done.

1. I would use it to build a good computer workstation for school use

2. Phenom X4

1. Use it as the processor in an HTPC that I've been meaning to build or abuse my FIOS connection and setup a cs 1.6/CSS/vent server :D

2. Phenom

1) If i won one of the three X2 5000+s, I'd build a new computer for my family, since the one we're using is on its way out.

2) Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back