Newegg / [H]ardOCP AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Build a new AM2 system around it, and overclock [H]ard!
2. Phenom. I still think they should have called the entire line Agena, who doesn't love space rockets?

1- Use it as a starting point to build a whole new rig and get back to some overclocking!
2- Phenom

1. Buy a motherboard to support it, along with a decent heatsink; then, OC it as far as I could push it.
2. Phenom

1. I would build a brand new PC. It has been a while, and mine is getting long in the tooth. Perfect time with the new 8800gt out. I would really like to see how far I could overclock this unlocked CPU on just air.

2. Phenom

1. I would finally have a dual core cpu and will have had a Socket A, a 754, a 939, and now an AM2 AMD processor. I would celebrate with some UT2k7 and Crysis with the gpu that will be easir to afford with the CPU out of the way.
2. Phenom

1. OC the bejeezus out of it.

2. Phenom (My next proc from the Egg of course!)

1. I would finally upgrade my 939 system and build a new home for my XFX 8800GT XXX I ordered through the [H]ardOCP promotion last week.

2. Phemon

1. Drop my Intel platform completely and go back to AMD. I have had more respect for them for their overclocking ability and performance per watt.

2. Phenom

1) I'd put the processor in my HTPC, replacing the chip currently in it

2) Phenom

1. I would douse my buggy ASUS AN7X-Deluxe with lighter fluid in the driveway and dance on its smoldering ashes till dawn. Then I would look for a suitable non-ASUS replacement to go along with the new athlon 5000 BE and the 2 gb of Ballistix I just ordered. This sure is an exiting time to build a new rig.

2. Phenom

1. sell my fx60, buy an AM2 motherboard and use my Moonsoon II to overclock the bejingles out of the black edition so maybe my 8800gts won't be bottlenecked

2. phenom

1. Use it to build a system for a guy at work who's kid is leaving for college in January but can't afford to buy a second pc.
2. Phenom.

1) Chase after (cf)eclipse and overclock the snot out of it (get some DI from the school or something... they like me there... heheh ) and for extra fun, Id turn my 3000+ into a keychain afterwards. :D
2) Phenom

1. I'd build a new machine to fix this decrepit spark-spitting piece of monkey poo
2. Phenom

1. Build a decent rig for my nephew who is using a Dell with a celeron in it.
2. Phenom

1. I would sell off my Socket939 AMD platform for a newer and better platform. I will overclock it and show it to the world.

2. Phenom

1. I would douse my buggy ASUS AN7X-Deluxe with lighter fluid in the driveway and dance on its smoldering ashes till dawn (Posting pics on the [H] of course) . Then I would look for a suitable non-ASUS replacement to go along with the new athlon 5000 BE and the 2 gb of Ballistix I just ordered. This sure is an exiting time to build a new rig.

2. Phenom

1) I would dance a groovy jig, laugh in the face of some of my friends, and then throw my Athlon Socket A cpu into the garbage disposal and listen to the gleeful sound of shredding slowness. I would then jump onto my friend's computer and immediately purchase a super fly mobo to let my new powerhouse of a rock fly to the moon

2) AMD Phenom. As in cant wait to be phenomenal.

1. Brag to all my friends that I just received a badass processor for free from newegg and scold them accordingly for shopping at anywhere but the 'egg. I may cuddle with the processor for a while as something this good rarely ever comes for free, then its game time!

2 Phenom

1, I already own a x2 5000 black ed cpu i bought from newegg a month ago. Love it egg. I would build another pc from the parts i purchase from the egg so my wife would have one of here own and wouldnt root me out because she wants to check here email.
2. Phenom is the name of the cpu.

1. Build a new PC and kick down my XP 3000+ to my daughter. My budding geek deserves better than an old P4, even if she's still in grade school.
2. Phenom

What can only be described as a ritual of of blood and lust, I would sacrifice this chip to the HTPC gods. If they deemed this CPU worthy, I would install it in a media center PC to see if they would allow my recordings to be smooth and stutter free.

After this, I could only take this as a sign as the gods favoured me and I would patiently wait for the release of UT. Upon its release, the installation would be followed by several hours of meditation. At that time, and only that time... I would boot up UT on a 60" 1080p widescreen.

Phenom is the answer to #2.

1. I would wax my hairy butt and then write "Newegg & [H] :heart: 4Ever" on one cheek in permanent black marker. Sorry, no permanent tatoo. :eek: Yes, I'll provide safe-for-work before, during, and after pics.

2. Phenom of course.

1. I would write a review on newegg about the awesomeness using it as my cpu.

2. Phenom!

1. I'd upgrade my mom's desktop because for all this 5 years she's still using an Athlon XP.
2. Phenom.

1, Upgrade from my AMD 3700+ to a dual core. Fold for a cure, and dedicate it to all my family members who have been claimed by cancer.
2. >Phenom.

1. I would finally be able to run a matrox triple h2g in my rig:

NewPC117.jpg

More pics here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1161982

And with the savings, buy a new robe. I think I have a few welding holes in this one.

2. Phenom

Thanks to Hardforum and Newegg for doing this. Nice.

1. I would build a computer for my mom, she really needs one.

2. Phenom; the dual core variety is code named Kuma, or Phenom X2 and the quad core variety is code named Agena, or Phenom X4. There will also be code named Agena FX or Phenom FX.

Thanks to NewEgg and HardOCP for hosting this exceptional contest for HardForum members. Kyle, the staff, and The NewEgg Webmaster you all rock!!

1) I'd give this to my fiancée as a Christmas present, allowing her to finally have the fastest system between all our gaming buddies (when properly pushed as [H]ard as possible.) Even if she doesn't win, she deserves one... she's still on Socket A (@ 2.75ghz!!!)

2) Phenom

1. I personally believe that if I were to win this processor I would be able to do some massive overclocking because uh, some processors out there in our nation don't have multipier locks, and I believe that this Black Edition 5000+ like such as in South Africa is one of these, and uh, the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe they should... our education over here! In the US should help the US or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our FSB for our children.

2. Phenom = )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back