Newegg cybermonday sales up

Dear Newegg, please stop selling shavers and cookers and stick to your consumer electronics and computer product roots. Thank you.

im really tired of seeing pearl earings and crock pots and dehumidifyers and knife sets. you are an electronics e-tailer, not macys or target or walmart. stick with what you are good at. newegg continues to undershoot my expectations as of late.

Hey crock pots rock! cut up some beef, veggies, toss in some spices and water, turn it on, by the time you get home from work you got hot stew waiting for you!! :D

Hey crock pots rock! cut up some beef, veggies, toss in some spices and water, turn it on, by the time you get home from work you got hot stew waiting for you!! :D

No kidding. Perfect weather an all day stew at least once a week.

im really tired of seeing pearl earings and crock pots and dehumidifyers and knife sets. you are an electronics e-tailer, not macys or target or walmart. stick with what you are good at. newegg continues to undershoot my expectations as of late.

Man those Ginsu knives are perfect for cutting more fan holes into the case. :rolleyes:

Deer stew or better yet spare ribs...and some gravy...mmm

Now the dehumidifier can be modded for a phase change cooling system for a computer.:D

Couple of ok items, but overall not very impressive. Picked up the 8gb Gskill DDR3 and a spinpoint for my kids new computer.

Once again, Newegg must think we are idiots who cant look at their price and Google the item to see that theirs is not a sale =/

its not that....

its that they are usually selling items at very low margin to start with. you wonder why you save money there over brick and mortar stores? they are running razor thin margins.

they don't have a lot of room to slash....

Yeah nothing very good really. I did however bite on the Cooler Master Sniper for $89 shipped AR. I want a door-less case to replace my Antec P180. It is getting to be a PITA reaching WAY under my desk to open the door (which gets caught on my rug) every time I want to insert media.

I think Newegg is trying to become like Amazon. I guess I shouldn't t be surprised if Newegg started selling books, music, and movies. :eek:

lol, I snagged the OXO 14-piece set on BF (~50% off) to mollify the wife, so at least when I open the boxes there's something for her :D

I think Newegg is trying to become like Amazon. I guess I shouldn't t be surprised if Newegg started selling books, music, and movies. :eek:

They already sell plenty of movies.

They can sell whatever they want. Good for them if they can get into other markets. Amazon needs some competition. The problem is that as newegg stopped focusing on just computers and electronics their service level went down, their prices went up, and their deals became more and more underwhelming... not to mention the piss-poor product page redesign they did a few months ago that made the site less functional.

Amazon Jr is exactly what it looks like they're trying to be and it's turning a lot of people off. It wont stop though, they are ultimately going to go down that path. It was inevitable as soon as they went public. Instead of being a good company focused on one or just a few product areas they're now going to become a mediocre company juggling too much inventory and spread too thin to be as good as they once were. Doing things that way is more profitable.

As newegg's infrastructure gets more bloated, it'll create space for new light weight low overhead competitors to fill in as specialized computer parts e-retailers. Not a problem in my book, more competition is good.

The 27.5" Hanns monitor isn't any good for the price? I wanted a new monitor to upgrade mine. I keep hear8ing 1920x1200 is good, so I was gonna try for that resolution over the 1920x1080.

I got one these. It is me 2nd one. I've had one for almost 2 years now and it's great. Paid over four hundred for the first one so this one is a score!!! two fiddy!!

They already sell plenty of movies.

They can sell whatever they want. Good for them if they can get into other markets. Amazon needs some competition. The problem is that as newegg stopped focusing on just computers and electronics their service level went down, their prices went up, and their deals became more and more underwhelming... not to mention the piss-poor product page redesign they did a few months ago that made the site less functional.

Amazon Jr is exactly what it looks like they're trying to be and it's turning a lot of people off. It wont stop though, they are ultimately going to go down that path. It was inevitable as soon as they went public. Instead of being a good company focused on one or just a few product areas they're now going to become a mediocre company juggling too much inventory and spread too thin to be as good as they once were. Doing things that way is more profitable.
I didn't look to see if they sold movies yet, and it's saddens me that they do. Sure, they can sell whatever they want to. But I think diversifying to that degree lowers their overall service as we've seen over the past few years since they've gone from consumer electronics and computing focus to basically selling everything. :(

I'm still not a fan of their new layout either. I thought it'd grow on me, but it still hasn't.

Back