Newegg cybermonday sales up

Good deal on a 6gb kit of ddr3, and the Biostar 890gx mATX board for $65 AR looks ok... Overall pretty lame though.

Yeah I didn't see any thing great, maybe the gtx 460 had a good price? But it was sold out when I looked. I'm glad I didn't wait for cyber monday. 120gb ssd is $190, the intel was $200 with $35 mir, better deal by far.

Once again, Newegg must think we are idiots who cant look at their price and Google the item to see that theirs is not a sale =/

I just picked up a Triple Core Acer laptop for my GF for Xmas, $449 for a 15.6", 4GB Ram, 320GB HD, HD4250 gfx, HDMI, 1.3MP Webcam (for sexy time vids while Im working abroad:)) and 2.2GHZ Phenom II x3. Pretty good deal considering its on sale at amazon for $120 more.

Other than that, yea, BF/CM sucked some royal donkey balls this year.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115854

Tolyngee I bit on one of the Acer G235HAbd monitors to go with the one I got a few weeks ago. Excellent price. Would've liked to take the leap into surround gaming but I would need another video card which I'm not prepared to buy.

I was hoping for a killer SSD deal... sad panda :(

Once again, Newegg must think we are idiots who cant look at their price and Google the item to see that theirs is not a sale =/

exactly...not one of the prices haven't existed before on their page. There is no special "Cyber Monday" sale at Newegg. They just picked a bunch of items that probably weren't selling, and threw them on a page title "Cyber Monday" sale... I think I may need to make another
Hitler movie...

seriously newegg really disappointed me, i was gonna buy 1k worth of stuff but as soon as the 16GB microsd card ran out in two min of opening sale i cancel my entire order

Bam! I was going to jump on one of the GPS units for my wife (who always has to call me, tell me to get on google maps and be her gps... *sigh*)... oh hey more than 50% off... well lets google... wtf, everyone is selling for that price... and WTF your "was" price isn't even what the manufacturer sells it for.

I thought the price on the 2TB 5900rpm Seagate was pretty good. I wanted to order 12, but limit of 2 :(

I saw the Cyber-Monday landing page before they made it live and a few of the deals - including the GTX 460 - were already sold out. Lame sale.

...and thus, I respond with a resounding MEH.
This has been a very weak BF/CM for everything except HDTVs it seems.

I saw the Cyber-Monday landing page before they made it live and a few of the deals - including the GTX 460 - were already sold out. Lame sale.

Same here. I remember thinking, how is it sold out when it just went live lol. My guess is it was sold out before they even put it on sale and they just wanted to make it look like we were not fast enough to get the good deals. BS! A little irritated that I bit on the 5 port switch for $19.99 friday and they decide to sell the 8 port for $24.99 monday. Thanks newegg! :(

Not that I'm in the business of defending a competitor but to throw in 2 cents about the switch issue [we had to do the same thing at Directron]. Trendnet products are heavily controlled by Trendnet. Everyone selling Trendnet had to do the 5 port 19.99 -> 8 port 24.99 swap. Blame Trendnet for that. No one could sell at either price w/o the manufacturer -- they charge waaay more than that at disty.

Last edited:
VERY dissappointing. I was hoping for some good SSD deals, or good deals on anything for that matter

The 27.5" Hanns monitor isn't any good for the price? I wanted a new monitor to upgrade mine. I keep hear8ing 1920x1200 is good, so I was gonna try for that resolution over the 1920x1080.

Well the i5-760 price is back up to $204 and on auto notify, the mobo I ordered is deactivated and out of stock. I'm glad I didn't wait until Cyber Monday. Still disappointed on the SSD prices.

On another note, the Mushkin ram I ordered has a $20.00 MIR that ran 11/26 to 11/29 so missed that.

But then I've learned not to count on MIR, then I'm pleasantly surprised when one does come through.

Last edited:
VERY dissappointing. I was hoping for some good SSD deals, or good deals on anything for that matter

Cyber Monday is pretty much dead lately, with Black Friday having barely any deals.

All I got was a wireless N router from the egg for 17$ this Black Friday, and a 4GB kit from Mwave for 5$.

I was hoping to catch a 120GB Sandforce around 150$-160$ mark.

I actually saw several things I wanted to buy on Black Friday, even on Newegg's sale. It really didn't seem to bad to me, and today they have the Storm Scout for $60 shipped, which is pretty good. But other than that, I'm disappointed as the rest of you with Cyber Monday. I thought the Black Friday sale was better.

The Intel Scaleo home server (i.e. NAS) is a great buy at $129

eSata, holds 4 drives, it's quiet, you can upgrade the ram to 2gb, load any os or use the busybox based os that it comes with. you can also upgrade the cpu, and use it not only as the NAS, but the transcoder for movies to stream them to things like the xbox 360 (that can't play most media types)

New Egg just e-mailed my invoice to me, they dated it 11/28 which makes the Mushkin MIR valid.

Thanks NewEgg. :cool:

got the storm scout, that's a decent deal, otherwise, nothing's really interesting.

Dear Newegg, please stop selling shavers and cookers and stick to your consumer electronics and computer product roots. Thank you.

Back