New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Do you mind throwing up some pics of a side by side comparison? I have a 48" JS9000 and I think the picture quality is incredible. If you say that your oled blows it away, I would love to see the pics. Thanks!

Me too.

JS9000_First_Setup.jpg

Like it's been said many times on this forum...These cheaper prices you see with online retailers are usually more "gray market" and you usually more then likely will have issues with the product or get a sales rep phone call to up sell you crap. Do what most of us do on here. Go with a reputable online company. I use B&H period. There are others out there, but pay the extra cash and you get what you pay for. When I bought my JS9000, of course I did what you did, and googled the cheapest on line retailer for the JS9000 and Nice electronics popped up. Read their feedback scores. Are there any? Read B&H.....

LOOK HERE---- Nice Electronics Ratings :eek:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/3255207

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nice-electronics-williamsburg-2

Last edited:
Anyone know of any +25' hdmi cables that will work with RGB 4:4:4?

I never found a cable longer than 15' that would successfully do 4K @ 60Hz 4:4:4. I did try 7 or 8 different cables, but never had success.

The best length I was able to do was with the DVI to HDMI cable, and that did do 5K @ 60Hz 4:4:4.

If you do end up finding one, please post here as I know there are a few of us that are really interested.

Hi guys, I have a 48ju7500 and I just finished upgrading firmware version 1412.

The image quality is significantly worse than the 1411 version .... is there a way to downgrade to the previous version?

Maybe new firmware changed calibration settings and you need calibrate your screen again?

Maybe new firmware changed calibration settings and you need calibrate your screen again?

Maybe, but I was not able to regain the quality of before, and also they have taken away even the dynamic contrast adjustment in PC and DVI PC mode.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with their tv not turning off? I have JS9000.

I have it connected to my PC, along with my 30" Samsung monitor. JS9000 remote works for both, and they turn off, but JS9000 turns back on even though the PC is off, and it shows "Cable not connected" error.
Sometimes I need to turn it off several times before it actually turns off.
I tried energy saving options and let it turn off after it doesn't detect any input signal, but that didn't help.
Even tried turning on the option where it turns off after screen inactivity, but that thing suddenly popped up while I was playing Rocket League. <.<

I've noticed the latest firmware made the screen brighter, as if the gamma went up. I noticed it when playing games. I wonder if they messed with the backlight?

Anyone know how to remove the ads when using the TV? I had a stupid toyota camry add pop up on the left side while i was playing arkham knight... Also had some TV feature add pop up about using the extra button...

???

I've never seen ads on mine. if I had, I would have been irate and returned it immediately.

Maybe it's a part pf that Smart TV junk I disabled when I first set it up?

I have it connected to my PC, along with my 30" Samsung monitor. JS9000 remote works for both, and they turn off, but JS9000 turns back on even though the PC is off, and it shows "Cable not connected" error.
I tried energy saving options and let it turn off after it doesn't detect any input signal, but that didn't help.
Even tried turning on the option where it turns off after screen inactivity, but that thing suddenly popped up while I was playing Rocket League. <.<

I wonder if this could be the result of an HDMI feature? Make sure "HDMI Control" or "HDMI-CEC" are disabled, maybe?

Edit - I think Samsung calls it AnyNet+.

Guys why the "Anti-flicker" in General is set to 50Hz and it's disabled? When I try to change it, it says: "This function isn't available".

Guys why the "Anti-flicker" in General is set to 50Hz and it's disabled? When I try to change it, it says: "This function isn't available".

I bet this has to do with PAL or NTSC and is dependent on your region. What's your manual say? ;)

So I'm not going crazy then.

There have been times when have a word I pressed the off button and it turned off, o ly to come back later with the signal error screen on.

After the new firmware 1422 mine is also randomly turning itself back on, but it only happens instantly after i close it (gotta close it twice). As for the ads i was talking about, i had to disable/not consent to the privacy terms for yahoo and syncplus (in smarthub category). Along with the extra button i was talking about, i just clicked extra on the remote, set it up and disabled notifications for it. Just in case anyone runs into the same issue in the future, that's how you disable ads (not even sure how i was opted in to begin with).

Have 8 hours to make up my mind on buying Samsung UN40JU6700 Curved 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV. Can someone talk me out of it? Looks like most of the talk on here is about the 9000 series now. Whats the downsides to this tv and how is input lag compared to my current 30 inch dell?

Have 8 hours to make up my mind on buying Samsung UN40JU6700 Curved 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV. Can someone talk me out of it? Looks like most of the talk on here is about the 9000 series now. Whats the downsides to this tv and how is input lag compared to my current 30 inch dell?

I'm playing Fallout 4 at 4K on my 40" 7100 and it's glorious! ... oh wait you said talk you out of it. :D

Input lag is indistinguishable from the Dell. That's what I came from as well. As for downsides there really aren't any.

Get the 7500. Much better set.
Also enjoying mine with FO4/980ti's.

From an 8' seating distance, would you recommend I go bigger and get the flat 60" JS8000 or step down in size and go with higher end curved 55" JU7500 or JS9000? I feel the 65" tvs will be too big even if I move my chair back to 10'. I don't like that too large a screen size overwhelming feeling while gaming. I read from posters that the JS8000 is a fast panel, but as of yet no one has officially tested the lag numbers.

Thanks.

I've got a 70 @ 10-11ft and it is freaking tiny - I'll be fixing that soon. You can never go too big for far-field viewing (10ft+). Get bigger and skip the curve. The opposite is true for near-field viewing.

I've got a 70 @ 10-11ft and it is freaking tiny - I'll be fixing that soon. You can never go too big for far-field viewing (10ft+). Get bigger and skip the curve. The opposite is true for near-field viewing.

I totally concur.

Thanks for the advice. I moved my PS4 temporarily to a 73" dlp and sat 13' away. This was to simulate a 65" at 9 or 10'. For some reason I couldn't adjust to the large screen on fps. Maybe I need to give it more time.

Anyone see good deals on the 48" 7000/7500/9000? I'm thinking of switching out my 40's.

Thanks!

I see that Costco (US) has the UN48JU640DFXZA 48" for $579.99 from 11/20 through 11/30.

The price is very tempting...

Time to research a bit more about it.

I see that Frys has the 48JU6700 on sale for $897. Im still holding out for a JU7500 though.

Anyone see good deals on the 48" 7000/7500/9000? I'm thinking of switching out my 40's.

Thanks!

I see that Best Buy and B&H have the 48" JS9000 for $1599. Is that the new normal price? Seems like a heck of a deal compared to just a few months ago.

Then there's the $1204 price from Nice Electronics, but I'd be real skeptical of that.

I see that Costco (US) has the UN48JU640DFXZA 48" for $579.99 from 11/20 through 11/30.

The price is very tempting...

Time to research a bit more about it.

I wonder if that's a version of last years model? Something specific to the membership club stores because it's hard finding any info on it online.

Edit:

Just did some more research reading the Samsung manual:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201509/20150914125600079/ENG-US_HMUATSCJ-1.315-0907.pdf

Untitled.jpg

Bummer. So no 4:4:4 for the 640D according to that last sentence.

Last edited:
Selling my 40 inch ju7500 with 5 year warrenty. Would like to sale local 27127 zip. Still has the protective clear tape on it.

does anyone have any experience with the JU6400? looks like frys is going to have 40" ones on sale for 397 black friday.

id be interested in usng one of these as a monitor.

Back