New NVIDIA control panel now in beta

I've installed it, the Control Panel page seems the same. The Geforce Experience is now the GeForce App.

Is the control panel portion a separate install?

I've installed it, the Control Panel page seems the same. The Geforce Experience is now the GeForce App.

Currently, if you install Nvidia drivers fresh you get the standard Nvidia Control Panel (and GFE if you select to install it).

The new Nvidia app is in Beta and if you install it will replace GFE entirely and bring in most of the things you interact with most often from the NVCP but most importantly, for now, not all of them. They've made it abundently clear that many more things are still to be brought over from NVCP as this Beta progresses but the end goal is to combine the useful bit of both applications into one, akin to Adrenaline control panel for AMD.

No.

The functionality of both apps (Control Panel + GFE) is eventually going to be all in this one app, but at the moment, while the app is basically feature complete to supplant GFE, the control panel stuff is still being added in, and that's why you can still access the classic one, in case you need to change something that isn't avaialble yet in the App.

Back