New Mac Mini (Official Now)

Could very well be. If it's a Shopjob, it's a pretty decent one -- and it's identical to the earlier images.

Still...more USB ports. I need at least forty-seven, so what's up with this five shit?

I don't buy it...

every mini I've bought, the box has only shown the front of the mini, and has been otherwise non-descript.

I don't buy it...

every mini I've bought, the box has only shown the front of the mini, and has been otherwise non-descript.
You mean this current box back?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matc1984/1049122315/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/matc1984/1051461960/in/set-72157601299337822/
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif

wow , 5 USB, why not 5 Firewire, i mean, Apple always loved their firewire ports!

i still dont think it will come with 5 usb ports (2, 4 or 6, 5 is just a weird amount) i also doubt firewire and it should only have one display port (you get a free vga or dvi dongle with purchase)

There's a reason for the large amount of USB ports...one being the new Apple displays (And whatever new ones come out. They require the use of an extra USB port. This also includes the dual link dvi to mini displayport adapter. So some people can automatically say they're 4 usb ports. Which is average to say the least.

What I'm really hoping for is the MDP and Mini DVI. I have a Dell 30" and a Dell 20" that I'D LOVE to hook up to this thing for design/web work.

I too, wish that the new Mini would have dual display capability, that's one of the things that I've always wondered why they didn't have. I guess they don't want to hurt Mac Pro sales too much, though.

wow , 5 USB, why not 5 Firewire, i mean, Apple always loved their firewire ports!

The consumer market has rejected Firewire. It's still on the MBP because, well, it's a laptop meant for professionals who have Firewire devices.

USB is now the standard, with eSATA handy for high speed transfer.

New Mac Mini, new iMac and new Mac Pro are all live at Apple.com. Not surprisingly, they are all sporting the new Mini Display Port. Well, kinda surprising on the iMac, but kinda not. Guess you can now rock 2 24" monitors on that with little cabling hassle. Nice.

I guess even more surprising is that the iMac now comes with the dinky keyboard, missing the numerical pad, but still wired. Interesting decision. Not sure if I would like that.

I too, wish that the new Mini would have dual display capability, that's one of the things that I've always wondered why they didn't have. I guess they don't want to hurt Mac Pro sales too much, though.

Now it does :) 5 USB ports & dual displays. Looks like I'm picking one up!

I think even more suprising is that Apple updated the Mac Pro's to Nehalem Xeon's.

I don't think anyone thought they would upgrade them until somewhere around the Snow Leopard release time frame.

LOL at all the haters saying the Mac Mini images leaks are fakes :p

New Mac Mini, new iMac and new Mac Pro are all live at Apple.com. Not surprisingly, they are all sporting the new Mini Display Port. Well, kinda surprising on the iMac, but kinda not. Guess you can now rock 2 24" monitors on that with little cabling hassle. Nice.

I guess even more surprising is that the iMac now comes with the dinky keyboard, missing the numerical pad, but still wired. Interesting decision. Not sure if I would like that.

There is already a thread on this, and at the TOP of the forum listing no less.

I merged them, FYI.

Now all we need is Plex or XBMC to take advantage of that 9400M for full 1080p h264 hardware decoding and we have the PERFECT HTPC.

Until then... its still fail.

well, apple failed again today, yes they put the 9400 into a mini, yes they put a new cpu in there, but then they decided the budget model was fine with 1 gb of ram (which quite honestly, i would have been able to swallow, even the apple option of 45 euros isnt that bad for the upgrade), but then they thought, well, 500 euros is a bit cheap isnt it? lets up the price

600 EUROS FOR A MACHINE WITH 1 GB!!

Fuck em, if they dump the price back to 500 and bump the basic model to 2 gb and have the videochip on that one use 256mb, ill buy one as soon as i can get the money together, but this? no way. For the price of their low end mini, i can upgrade my current desktop to a phenom II 940BE, 8 GB ram and a 4850, a spec that will kill even the highest end current iMac, and save for pure cpu power, the entry level mac pro too!

and i thought the previous mac mini was an overpriced PoS...

bah, every time i start considering buying something from Apple, they have to go ahead and convince me otherwise

that 128mb of video ram is only when youre running with 1gb of system ram, if you put 2gb of ram in your system it will up it to 256mb of video ram. still it seems pretty overpriced, but then again its an apple. and it does have its place

The new iMac is impressive. 4GB standard on the $1499 model is nice. The only question I have, really, is what kind of panels are they using in the 24"? Judging by the price drop, I'd have to guess TN, not IPS like they were using before.

I wouldn't call it a dealbreaker given that I already have an S-IPS display to run alongside it, but...

I'll be picking up a Mac Mini as soon as they hit shelves.

I think I might be buying one soon. Question is, where do I want to put it? I have an HTPC in my living room now running Mediaportal so the mini could replace that OR it could replace my macbook in my PC room so I can actually use it as a laptop for once.

Decisions, decisions.

I think I might be buying one soon. Question is, where do I want to put it? I have an HTPC in my living room now running Mediaportal so the mini could replace that OR it could replace my macbook in my PC room so I can actually use it as a laptop for once.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm actually replacing my PC. I'm going to part it out (rig in my sig). I'll go back to Console gaming (that ive neglected) and run Win7 on it. Play Starcraft 2...tf2 etc. My power bill at home will go WAY down. From a 680watt PSU to a 110 watt.

Those new mini's look pretty nice.

edit: Dual display support on the mini. :cool:

I'm actually replacing my PC. I'm going to part it out (rig in my sig). I'll go back to Console gaming (that ive neglected) and run Win7 on it. Play Starcraft 2...tf2 etc. My power bill at home will go WAY down. From a 680watt PSU to a 110 watt.

I'm now actually debating on buying 2 Mac Minis but that'll definitely be overkill. I think I really do want one in my living room but I don't think I could give up my gaming PC even though I game on my 360/PS3 much more these days.

question really comes down to: who's buying the new mac mini/imac? :p
I'm leaning toward the iMac with a GT 130. The Mac Pro update is interesting, but nowhere near $2499 interesting. Like with Sandman, this is going to be a PC replacement.

can anyone tell what cpus they're really putting in the new mac mini? What are the differences between the 2.0ghz and the 2.26ghz is it really just clock speed? or are they actually different in another way? or perhaps is the 2.0ghz just an underclocked 2.26ghz?

how is the nvidia 9400m graphics chipset? i'm not caught up with what is the latest and greatest in video cards, but what would be the desktop equivalent for this chipset and what kind of performance could i get out of it?

Now I'm trying to think... Mac Mini + 30" monitor or Mac Mini + 24" x2...

Or should I get a Macbook and a 30" monitor?

Decisions...

Now I'm trying to think... Mac Mini + 30" monitor or Mac Mini + 24" x2...

Or should I get a Macbook and a 30" monitor?

Decisions...

Unless they fixed the problems with the DisplayPort to DL DVI, take a pass on the 30" right now.

I'm aware of the pricing: 4GB modules are expensive. What's silly is that it's offered as an option.

Well I bought a Mac Mini today. I'm still deciding on where I want to put it and it's killing me.

A. Sell the Macbook, put the Mini in it's place, buy another Mini for the living room, buy a netbook for portability

B. Keep the Macbook, put the Mini in the living room, unplug the Macbook anytime I need to take it somewhere.

Why is this so difficult?!

At any rate, I should hopefully have my Mini by the end of the week. :D

Back