My 9800NP is faster than your 9800XT

lol, look at the pictar

1.jpg

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Yup
oh yeah i saw this thing on ebay - it was eventually sold for like $350 methinks. i also recallect hardocp pimping it on their front page. :)

Originally posted by codeflux
oh yeah i saw this thing on ebay - it was eventually sold for like $350 methinks. i also recallect hardocp pimping it on their front page. :)
That sucker deserves front-page pimpage. If THAT's not [H]ard, nothing is.

Havent gotten the card back yet, but he set bios to 473 for core, and 365 memory (must software overclock to actual, which is 405 with aa on) in games he said i should usually be able to hit 512/419 or so, he just put it at those for bios to guarantee that its stable.

Originally posted by Jared701
Havent gotten the card back yet, but he set bios to 473 for core, and 365 memory (must software overclock to actual, which is 405 with aa on) in games he said i should usually be able to hit 512/419 or so, he just put it at those for bios to guarantee that its stable.

I think that claim of potential speed is overblown. My XT clocked at 465/380 w/stock cooling (pretty decent overclocker). I'm using a waterblock and an 80 watt peltier to hit 520/415. I doubt 512 on the core is possible w/ air cooling unless you get a REALLY lucky core.

hes tested it with open gl games for hours at 512 with no artifacts... he volt modded the card too. my max stable core before this mod for 3dmark 2003 was 432. now i can do it at 473. very nice mod :) killabyte, you had a 9800 np though... this is a pro card, so it should clock higher than a np. ill try to post pics when i get it.

Originally posted by Rich_Fray
I think that claim of potential speed is overblown. My XT clocked at 465/380 w/stock cooling (pretty decent overclocker). I'm using a waterblock and an 80 watt peltier to hit 520/415. I doubt 512 on the core is possible w/ air cooling unless you get a REALLY lucky core.

someones jealous :p

This guy doesn't report overclocks that arent 100% stable and 100% crystal clear artifact free.

hes tested it with open gl games for hours at 512 with no artifacts... he volt modded the card too. my max stable core before this mod for 3dmark 2003 was 432. now i can do it at 473. very nice mod :) killabyte, you had a 9800 np though... this is a pro card, so it should clock higher than a np. ill try to post pics when i get it.

Even for a 9800NP, i had the lowest results he had seen, sounds like you have one of those good sample cards ;)

lol, killabyte, i know that he had an aiw card that would barely overclock at all, so i know yours isnt the lowest, but it may be below average. ill give a link to my 3dmark score after i get it back so that you can verify that it can run at that speed.

I am scared of that card. I dreamed that it came to 9600pro...and ripped it to little pieces.

someones jealous :p

This guy doesn't report overclocks that arent 100% stable and 100% crystal clear artifact free.

Jealous.... why would you say/think that? I am using my card right now at 520/415. Jared's being told by this guy what to expect, and the numbers keep getting better.

Earlier in the thread, Jared said the guy told him he'd hit 480....now, it's up to 512, what, perhaps a few posts from now, it will be 550.

How do you know his overclocks are 100% stable and 100% crystal clear artifact free? ...because he says so?

Jealous?...no....Skeptical?....yes

How do you know his overclocks are 100% stable and 100% crystal clear artifact free? ...because he says so?

I don't know if you noticed this, but uh, I started this thread, and I had my card modded from the same guy; and I know what rigorous testing process the card goes through. :p

I don't know if you noticed this, but uh, I started this thread, and I had my card modded from the same guy; and I know what rigorous testing process the card goes through. :p

What does your starting the thread have anything to do with my question? It's not relavent to this guys claim with someone else's card. You had your card modded by this guy...you have an NP... a card that is a well documented overclocker. Jared's card is a Pro... a card that judging by documented clock speeds on the 3DMark2003 orb (that shows clock speeds and if filled in, system descriptions such as cooling methods' etc), never hits 500 on air.

Now...this guy tells Jared that he going to get 512 on air. I'm skeptical...so what... not jealous...skeptical.

from what he told me though, the max overclock that showed no artifacts in 2001 was 486, and 473 clean in 2003, but he also tested with games which are supposed to be able to have the core clocked higher without artifacting. so like you said according to the orb, what he is telling me is the same as you saw, however i know that some people push their cards into mild artifacting when benchmarking sometimes. i should have the card by wednesday hopefully and then will be able to show you results.

from what he told me though, the max overclock that showed no artifacts in 2001 was 486, and 473 clean in 2003, but he also tested with games which are supposed to be able to have the core clocked higher without artifacting.

seems much more plausible.... Every card and game is different. I generally can game 5mhz faster on the core than when benchmarking. It depends alot on the resolution, AA and AF you game at, versus what you bench at.

got the card back, does 01 no artifacts at 486, wouldnt even finish at 506 though :) havent tested much, finished 03 at like 486 or something like that also and got 7300 something. mine takes up 3 pci slots :eek:

What does your starting the thread have anything to do with my question? It's not relavent to this guys claim with someone else's card. You had your card modded by this guy...you have an NP... a card that is a well documented overclocker. Jared's card is a Pro... a card that judging by documented clock speeds on the 3DMark2003 orb (that shows clock speeds and if filled in, system descriptions such as cooling methods' etc), never hits 500 on air.

Now...this guy tells Jared that he going to get 512 on air. I'm skeptical...so what... not jealous...skeptical.

yo, my card does 520 gpu on air, and my friend orian's card does 526.5 gpu on air...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7476318

got the card back, does 01 no artifacts at 486, wouldnt even finish at 506 though :) havent tested much, finished 03 at like 486 or something like that also and got 7300 something. mine takes up 3 pci slots :eek:

lets see some pics >:D

Originally posted by Stang Man
yo, my card does 520 gpu on air, and my friend orian's card does 526.5 gpu on air...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7476318

do you or your friend have a 3DMark2003 compare url? I'd be curious to see those scores....

and I see Jared's card seems to have peaked at 486 artifact free, a good 26 mhz lower than he was led to believe. I was skeptical for a reason. 500+ on air on a Pro is indeed rare.

Your memory isn't up to 9800 xt spec, so how can you claim to be faster then other peoples XT's??

My all in wonder can pass your card like a champ, but thats nothing to hoot and holler about here on the [H], where 50% of the crowd here has a faster then "stock xt" card.

I think you should clean up those wires in your box as well, very unpleasent sight.

Pretty cool stuff there. Long as you're happy with a pretty awesome mod thats all that counts.

do you or your friend have a 3DMark2003 compare url? I'd be curious to see those scores....

and I see Jared's card seems to have peaked at 486 artifact free, a good 26 mhz lower than he was led to believe. I was skeptical for a reason. 500+ on air on a Pro is indeed rare.

here is just for you, this is my card:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1862883

i shot GPU only, i didn't bother with memory, as memory has been really low lately.

My non Pro hits 500 on Air ....it's not Impossible My Brothers Pro hits 520 on Air no Problem

I installed a new Prcessor Last night and was stretching her legs...Here's a compare url ....its 496 on Core(non Pro artifact free), I'll run some tonight @ 500 once I get things set right. I went from a 2.6b to a 3.0c so mem timings and stepping need a little tweaking.
Here's a link on my NP @ 496
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1684113299

My Brother's 9800Pro VGA silencer Air cooled as well

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1145632649

Aquamark 3 is a lot more forgiving then 3dmark when it comes to artifacting / crashing.

When bringing my core up the the 460ish range, aquamark runs fine, but in 3dmark it artifacts to hell. Also when I oc my cpu to 3.5, aqua mark runs fine, but both 3dmark 2001, and 2k3 both crash out halfway through.

492/411 for a score of 23436 in 3dmark 2001 without overclocking my cpu :) going for more soon. i dont have a digital camera or scanner here, so it will take awhile to get pics up

Smatts wrote......
Aquamark 3 is a lot more forgiving then 3dmark when it comes to artifacting / crashing.

That may be your experience but that does'nt make it a fact .Actually I have the opposite problem on my box... I can run 2003 and 2001 without a hitch, and If im Tweaking too high and there's one hint of artifacts....Aqua will hang up everytime. I have found 2003 is the most stable of the three. But that is based on my experiences with my system. Not everyone else's. I posted Aquamark Links Simply for easily documented proof that 500 on the core is'nt that uncommon or this Grand achievement, that you seem to believe is. I did'nt post any 2003 links because even though im registered orb still will not allow me to post scores(which I have'nt bother to worry about why) I take a screenshot and go on. I was'nt trying to join the Flamewar over this topic. I don't make statements that i'm not capable of backing up. That's what the aqualinks were posted for.

That beast would effectively knock out all three of my PCI slots :eek:

Hm.. For $150, you can do a water-cooled setup for both your GPU and CPU.

But nice card nontheless. Cheers. :)

Originally posted by Ov3rclockjunki3
My non Pro hits 500 on Air ....it's not Impossible My Brothers Pro hits 520 on Air no Problem

didn't say impossible. I stand by my earlier postion...500+ on a Pro on air is rare....

I simply believe it to be irresponsible for a guy selling modding of cards to tell someone his card will do xxx without problems. All cards are different. They all respond to different mods in different ways.

People... my original response was to Jared regarding what he was told to expect on his card... and, as it turns out, his card did in fact NOT do the core speed this guy said to expect.

For those of you that are getting 500+, or have a friend getting 500+, etc, etc, CONGRATS :) My skepticism with a modder claiming speeds that he'll achieve for you is no different than the skepticism you would (or should) greet a cpu or gpu manufacturer were they to start guaranteeing spectacular, specific, overclock speeds as a marketing tool to get you to buy their products.

Originally posted by Stang Man
here is just for you, this is my card:

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1862883

i shot GPU only, i didn't bother with memory, as memory has been really low lately.

Stang...something's wierd about your score at that vid card speed.

I downclocked my mem to run 520/338 and scored 7298, about 700 points higher than your score...7298 at 520/338

You ran that bench back on 1/8. Can you run a bench at the 495/405 your system ran about a week ago in 3Dm2k1. That 3DM2k1 score looks absolutely normal for your specs.

I know you said the memory hasn't been running well lately, but it appears it's running better currently than it was back on 1/8.

Just got my card back after it had moddin' done to it :cool: Vmod + xtreme cooling = 466/361. Pretty good, especially considering that 466 is the worst he had ever gotten on a core and I have uber crappay Infineon 3.0ns ram.

MY 9800Pro is faster, sorry :D 511/389

Back