My 9800NP is faster than your 9800XT

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Just got my card back after it had moddin' done to it :cool: Vmod + xtreme cooling = 466/361. Pretty good, especially considering that 466 is the worst he had ever gotten on a core and I have uber crappay Infineon 3.0ns ram.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Just got my card back after it had moddin' done to it :cool: Vmod + xtreme cooling = 452/361. Pretty good, especially considering that 452 is the worst he had ever gotten on a core and I have uber crappay Infineon 3.0ns ram.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

how much for the modification? id love to have somebody voltmod my 9700np...

Spinal - the sum of the mods is less than a zalman heatpipe

Jason - $87 for kit, labor is extra, but not too bad

Klepto - I had a poor sample card, plus infineon ram.

so what, you send your card off and get it back in like 2 weeks? how much did it cost you for everything?

Well... I vmodded gpu and ddr, so pots that I had in the drawer... heatsinks I'm sure you all have plenty lying around...

It really is a matter of do you have the skill/time/tools to do it. For me, I have all three, so having somebody else do it for ninety clams just doesn't rub me the right way.

I will admit though, it does look badass.

Originally posted by Jared701
so what, you send your card off and get it back in like 2 weeks? how much did it cost you for everything?

took a week and 2 days :D

lets see, $87 for the kit, if you want him to install it (he does a kick ass job), he charges $54 for all the labor.

It may sound pricey, but hmm, i have a crappy 9800 and its running faster than XT, so if you look at it that way, its not so much money.

And who are you to tell me what to on a public forum. I don't see a mod title near your name.

Just saying it's really obtrusive and an eyesore. But oh well, it's your money.

Originally posted by Pepsiholic
And who are you to tell me what to on a public forum. I don't see a mod title near your name.

Just saying it's really obtrusive and an eyesore. But oh well, it's your money.

No, you insinuated that I was being dishonest by asking for proof (case pics) then when I provided it, you had to save face by insulting my setup. I'm just asking you not to be a jerk, thats all.

That looks heavy enough to tear the agp slot right out of the motherboard. I tried putting my spare volcano 7+ on my mx440 today but it was a no go.

Originally posted by Blast3r
That looks heavy enough to tear the agp slot right out of the motherboard. I tried putting my spare volcano 7+ on my mx440 today but it was a no go.

thats what i thought, but not kidding when I say it's not that heavy at all, and the whole package weighs less than a zalman heatpipe.

No, you insinuated that I was being dishonest by asking for proof (case pics) then when I provided it, you had to save face by insulting my setup. I'm just asking you not to be a jerk, thats all.

I didn't think you were lying about it, I just wanted to see what it looked like in your case. It doesn't look that bad considering the size of your case, but it's just too damn big imo.

Yes, definitely get some round cables in that case and try to move most of the cables and wires behind the MB tray. Looks cool and I hope you have good luck with it.

I was curious to see it in your case as well. Dang, there goes PCI slots 1 and 2. ;)

i take it that guy offers no gurantee if he frys your card by accident?

i already some 'ok' cooling on my card it just needs to be voltmodded.. i wonder if he would do that.

money wise was it a good investment?
141.00+shipping 2 ways?
wouldnt it be easier to buy a pro?
as long as your happy i guess thats all that matter:)

Jason - yup, there is a total no-guarantee thing, but he's pretty pro, doubt he'd fry a card.

and ok, ok, i admit, i got free labor, but only because i had a card that had never been done before and he wanted to guinea pig it.

At $141+shipping it seems like its not worth it to me. Are the speeds stable all the time? You could just about get a 9800XT for the price difference from a 9800NP, and that mod.

It certianly does look pretty cool though. But not very wise, in my opinion.

Jason - yup, there is a total no-guarantee thing, but he's pretty pro, doubt he'd fry a card.

and ok, ok, i admit, i got free labor, but only because i had a card that had never been done before and he wanted to guinea pig it.

free? u focker.. :p

i wonder what the labor is for a voltmod..

edit.. i emailed him. ill post his reply.

I didnt bother reading everyones posts, but whats the side mounted hsf for? the heat sink doesnt appear to be touching anything at all, so its not dissipating a thing.

I would do a mod like that for like $50... my card does 475/390 without trying...

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster

I was curious to see it in your case as well. Dang, there goes PCI slots 1 and 2. ;)

...and 3. Look again. The heatsink is blocking one slot and the fan is blocking two more.

Back