My 9800NP is faster than your 9800XT

Originally posted by Rich_Fray
Stang...something's wierd about your score at that vid card speed.

I downclocked my mem to run 520/338 and scored 7298, about 700 points higher than your score...7298 at 520/338

You ran that bench back on 1/8. Can you run a bench at the 495/405 your system ran about a week ago in 3Dm2k1. That 3DM2k1 score looks absolutely normal for your specs.

I know you said the memory hasn't been running well lately, but it appears it's running better currently than it was back on 1/8.

i dont know if something was wrong, I guess it's the rest of my system, as if you take a look at our nature scores, they're neck and neck.

set your FSB to 166, and 13 multiplier, so it'll equal the same speed as me, my memory just will not to do over 350 in 3dmark03 withour artifacting. it is soo sensitive in 03 now.

didn't say impossible. I stand by my earlier postion...500+ on a Pro on air is rare....

I simply believe it to be irresponsible for a guy selling modding of cards to tell someone his card will do xxx without problems. All cards are different. They all respond to different mods in different ways.

People... my original response was to Jared regarding what he was told to expect on his card... and, as it turns out, his card did in fact NOT do the core speed this guy said to expect.

For those of you that are getting 500+, or have a friend getting 500+, etc, etc, CONGRATS My skepticism with a modder claiming speeds that he'll achieve for you is no different than the skepticism you would (or should) greet a cpu or gpu manufacturer were they to start guaranteeing spectacular, specific, overclock speeds as a marketing tool to get you to buy their products. rare....

I Then appologize dude I was totally off on your reasons for discussion, and I agree with your Stance on it. You are Right...Please accept my appology.......Junkie AKA Pain!!!!!

Originally posted by Ov3rclockjunki3
I Then appologize dude I was totally off on your reasons for discussion, and I agree with your Stance on it. You are Right...Please accept my appology.......Junkie AKA Pain!!!!!

no sweat :)

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
took a week and 2 days :D

lets see, $87 for the kit, if you want him to install it (he does a kick ass job), he charges $54 for all the labor.

It may sound pricey, but hmm, i have a crappy 9800 and its running faster than XT, so if you look at it that way, its not so much money.

That’s scweet dude...but you seriously paid 87 bucks for 3 small fans a reference AMD heat sink and some homemade ram sinks...and then 54 bucks to get it installed...

I guess that where the Homebrew boyz save big..Like when I lifted my dodge, the shop i bout the lift kit from wanted 500 bucks to install it. I said F U and went home and did it on a sat in 5 hours....then paid 50 bucks to get it aligned...(I wish I got paid $100 dollars and hour..

And in this VIPER guys case, $54 for 15 mins of work....

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
And in this VIPER guys case, $54 for 15 mins of work....

he spends more time than that... he tests each card, different bios' and such..

i know exactly what he does, and it's pretty involved

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
ok.... :)

still dosnt justify 50 bucks...to me

i was about to say... "uh... isn't this your thread?" but no, your guys' names are just similar :p

the $50 is pretty hefty, but it's pretty guaranteed (quality) work, especially for someone who can't solder.. homebrew isn't really an option heh

considering id never try a volt mod myself it was a good deal. and when i got mine done he was doing labor for 34, not bad ;)

Originally posted by diredesire
i was about to say... "uh... isn't this your thread?" but no, your guys' names are just similar :p

lol, i noticed that too, and didn't realize they were both different..

haha

Back