My 2 BFG 7800 GTX's arrived, 56k warned

n64man120 said:
First, I love pictures like that. Tell me that doesn't make you smile. Secondly, poor timing... I just took my old Aerogate II out of my case today so maybe I woulda sold it for cheaper :)

Got an Aerogate 3 for my upcomming rig, no use to have the Aerogate 2 in my current rig since only parents will be using it

Edit: Is that 4x512MB? Enjoy your 2T timings :)

Also, I just got a PC-7 case... was considering the PC-65 but 120mm fans = teh winnar :cool:

Well, I would have gotten the aerogate 3, because I actually could have gotten it cheaper than the aerogate 2, but I like the aerogate 2s looks better.

Yeah thats 4x512mb, and yes I will enjoy my 2t timings with 2 gigs running at 500mhz. And I would have gotten the pc-7, but I prefer the 84 cfm per tornado, which you cannot get in 120mm fans. 84 alone = teh winn3r, but since I have 2 80mm's where you have 1 120, I'm pushing 168 cfm there, and dont comment about noise, when I'm gaming I dont care :p Plus I will be watercooling soon anways.

be prepared to up ur volume while u game. im lucky since i have such bad vision, i hear so much better.

Yea, I'm watercooling as well... so airflow isn't a huge issue. Noise is moreso since it's going to be in the dormroom where i g2 sleep. Panaflo 120mm L1A for the win!

If you are aircooling though, and your ears can take the pounding... more CFM's the better.

Regarding the Aerogate: I've had it for like a year, and it's good... but it has some annoying quirks about it that the 3 seems to have fixed. Stuff you don't know till you use it. Going Aerogate 3 this time around for the subtle sleek look.

TheSpook said:
I want to have your children. Or you can have my children. Or . . . Hell, I don't care about the children, I just want those babies :D .

easy there turbo... ;)

n64man120 said:
Yea, I'm watercooling as well... so airflow isn't a huge issue. Noise is moreso since it's going to be in the dormroom where i g2 sleep. Panaflo 120mm L1A for the win!

If you are aircooling though, and your ears can take the pounding... more CFM's the better.

Regarding the Aerogate: I've had it for like a year, and it's good... but it has some annoying quirks about it that the 3 seems to have fixed. Stuff you don't know till you use it. Going Aerogate 3 this time around for the subtle sleek look.

Maybe I should get the aerogate 3 then? I can get it for 15 bucks new.

funny how the 9800pro goes for 450 on best buy while the AIW version goes for 270....

Question, if I got Mach II or vapochill ls for my new 4400 X2 would I get a high OC? If so, would I notice a big difference in performance?

Homer said:
I will have an Athlon 64 X2 4400+. I woulda gone bigger but the price doubles to other processors (fx 57, etc). It will OC well I'm sure.

img45141ie.jpg

Good choice!

$1,300+ for an FX-57 is a fucking ripoff, IMO.

It's close to 3x the price of the 4000+ SD I bought (and the FX-57 sure as hell ain't 3x as fast! LOL). :eek:

wow they are some *basket* big assed cards. Are they longer than the 6800 Ultras?

Nice cards, wander what games will actually benifit from that kindof raw power...soon I will build a new system but it will only have 1 of those in it. (Poor me, only have 2K to spend on a full computer system)

sculelos said:
Nice cards, wander what games will actually benifit from that kindof raw power...soon I will build a new system but it will only have 1 of those in it. (Poor me, only have 2K to spend on a full computer system)
Yeah, I guess us guys with 1 will have to settle for 6800Ultra SLI power. :D

sculelos said:
Nice cards, wander what games will actually benifit from that kindof raw power...
Everquest II
Far Cry (with high dynamic range enabled)
Doom 3 (at ultra quality @2048x1536)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I predict that there will be a huge jump in game requirments before the end of the year, however. Once the Xbox360 comes out, game companies will start to build multi-platform games with the specs of the XBox360 in mind. So PC games will start to come out with vastly higher requirments than they are now; which will truly test the power of a setup such as this one (while all other setups below this will be crushed by the new demand).

Homer said:
I'm pushing 168 cfm there, and dont comment about noise, when I'm gaming I dont care :p Plus I will be watercooling soon anways.

Exactly!! When you're gaming, nothing else matters (and I'm Hphoned up anyways). Sweet rig & nice pics - thanks for sharing :cool:

I hope the model I get from Nvidia is VIVO also...I like to connect my cable tuner to my card
and watch/capture video from various sources. And with two cards...I'm thinking there may
be a way to capture footage from two sources at the same time...a la tivo style...

drool.gif

I admit it...I have...............................e-penis envy. Nice purchase, enjoy!!! :D

**Edit** Is there a support group around here for this? :p :p

have they fix the widescreen problem on SLi? and where did you get your cards and where u getting your 4400? newegg is trying to gauge the price right now for 4400..

i'm starting to hate them :mad:

Homer said:
I will have an Athlon 64 X2 4400+. I woulda gone bigger but the price doubles to other processors (fx 57, etc). It will OC well I'm sure.

img45141ie.jpg

why is the tiny little heatsink cooling the (what the heck is it cooling?) bigger than the entire heatsink on my Geforce 4 mx440?

I'm so jealouse...

those things have like twice the surface area of my card.

That is most cool rig.
I'm still with my BFG 6600GTOCX's.
I preordered the 4400 X2 but looks like even though in stock, we aren't to get them
until after the 7/7.
You got the right PSU PC P&C 515 SLI; super cool.
I have the Blue Wave Master case.
I bought 4 Gbytes of PC4400 Corsair.
I've been on mindspring.com trying to learn more about Hyper Transport and PCI-Express.
I know you got a winner, WOW!

drool. not jealous. ;)

Where do you people get the money for this stuff...

Btw, im jealous :mad:

Are you going to post pics of the completed system when its done? Along with some benchmarks?

Hell yes to all of you asking for completed pics, screenshots, and benchies. I'm actually considering the dell 2405FPW. I like how huge it is and how [relatively] cheap it is. I'm a little concerned though about running games on it, like what do I do if it doesnt support a widescreen res? just do like 1600x1200 then?

People have been critisizing (sp) my purchase of the 2 gb (4x512) corsair xms pc-4000. So, I shouldnt have gotten 4x512, but either 1 gig (2x512) or 2 gigs (2x1gb)? Whats wrong with the 4x512 @ 500mhz I got? How does that OCZ ddr600 perform?

n64man120 said:
I'll trade you one of those for $150 cash and a Radeon 9800 pro. The 9800 pro goes for $500 at Best Buy so your making money on the deal!!!

PM if interested :D

Wrong forum dude :D

Yeah, this is kickass

why did you buy 2 IDE CD roms? If i were you I would ran all SATA, completly dumped IDE.

but you'll like that raptor, i love mine to death lol

BFG 7800GTX comes with Farcry.. !!

They didnt even mention it.. on the box.. :D

Homer said:
People have been critisizing (sp) my purchase of the 2 gb (4x512) corsair xms pc-4000. So, I shouldnt have gotten 4x512, but either 1 gig (2x512) or 2 gigs (2x1gb)? Whats wrong with the 4x512 @ 500mhz I got? How does that OCZ ddr600 perform?

Really you could have purchased this memory with tighter timings and good OC'ing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145574 in 1T. Or I think for about $15 more they had the same stuff with lower latency. Easier on the system with the 2x1GB to run tight timings.

I'm trying to find out what newegg's return policy is! If I can I will return the 4x512 pc4000 packs and get either one gig of like pc-4800 or get 2 1gb sticks of some kind of pc3200.

W0W

Its always nice to see when all your hard work turns into cash and then into SEX!

Homer said:
Hell yes to all of you asking for completed pics, screenshots, and benchies. I'm actually considering the dell 2405FPW. I like how huge it is and how [relatively] cheap it is. I'm a little concerned though about running games on it, like what do I do if it doesnt support a widescreen res? just do like 1600x1200 then?

#1 - Well, the moniter will automatically resize the screen to fit its native resolution. So if you're videocard is pushing a 1280x1024 image... the screen will automatically stretch it to fit. You can also do that same function in the drivers.

#2 - More dimms = slower timings and more possibilities of ram problems with mobo, etc.. So its best to have as few dims as possible, and as few banks as possible. IE: single sided ram modules usually run faster than double sided ram modules.

And VERY few situations call for more than 1Gb of ram. In fact, I haven't even noticed any difference in benchmarks or general usage since I upgraded from 512Mb to 1Gb. I've been tempted to switch my ram in my 2 PC's so I can maximize my OC on my Lian Li system again. see: http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/

Back