My 2 BFG 7800 GTX's arrived, 56k warned

Homer

Limp Gawd
Well, here they are. I have been waiting and waiting... I'll have more pics in a second after I open them :)

img45139gb.jpg

:( You bastard! I only got one..

Awesome though Enjoy your new toys! :D

you actually stopped to post a pic before opening them?

wow.

enjoy the cards, i know i would (if i could afford them and the A/C i'd need to have 2 of those in my room :p)
<- add about 6k to that, the numbers are off

yea lol, thanks for sharing but I'd have those installed b4 ever thinking about posting on [H]

As much as I loved to have those, I think moving into my first apartment this weekend will take priority im afraid.

Cant install them, dont have all my parts to run the machine yet :(

Damn Homer - that sure looks sweet :) Tell me you have an FX55 behind those bad boys, please. :D Or maybe, seeing as you're so obviously feeling flush, an FX57 :D

EDIT: Doh! just been to your profile and seen - very nice :cool:

Homer said:
Cant install them, dont have all my parts to run the machine yet :(

I essentially feel your pain... same situation is happening to me tomorrow. My 6800GT is arriving, but rest of parts aren't going to be here untill Saturday

I will have an Athlon 64 X2 4400+. I woulda gone bigger but the price doubles to other processors (fx 57, etc). It will OC well I'm sure.

img45141ie.jpg

I'll trade you one of those for $150 cash and a Radeon 9800 pro. The 9800 pro goes for $500 at Best Buy so your making money on the deal!!!

PM if interested :D

Please show some BF 2 results when you get a chance ( I presume buying that liknd a gear you would have the game ) I'd love to know what you get from that setup.

n64man120 said:
I'll trade you one of those for $150 cash and a Radeon 9800 pro. The 9800 pro goes for $500 at Best Buy so your making money on the deal!!!

PM if interested :D

LOL ..way to try and work it. :D

That shit is sweet homer.
To bad you can't install them, i wanna see some frame rate benchies.

NICE...... DROOOL.....

I just had an accident in my pants.... god I'm such a dork....

a nice pair (.....of videocards) gives me wood.... LOL :)

blah.... I'm going to wait and just buy a 7800GTX AGP card when they bridge it.

Hehe. This wait is driving me NUTS! I have to wait till next tuesday or wednesday to get my psu (pc power and cooling 510 express), fans (4 tornadoes), lights, etc, plus I have to wait, I dont have the damn proc yet! I hope the 4400 performs well and doesnt slow these 7800s

4 Tornados? Tell me its going in a bomb shelter, 40ft below the surface of the earth. That's the only way you might catch some sleep :D

Coolermaster aerogate II mean anything to ya? :)

IMG_4519.jpg

That includes everything I have now, except I did get my Lian Li PC-65 today also. I think you all know by now what hard drive comes in 74gb...

Homer said:
I think you all know by now what hard drive comes in 74gb...

That's a cute little Raptor on that box... ;)

That just goes to show how easily the USPS can screw up; all of those parts were supposed to come to me! :p

Joking aside, that is going to be one sweet machine. Do us all a favor and post some benchmarks once you get it assembled!

I've kinda been too busy to get my game on recently, otherwise I'd probably be in crazy ass upgrade mode right now. ;)

Hi, I am not sure how much juice is needed to run those 2 cards, however I have an antec truepower 550: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103922

Will this be enough to run both cards on my system?

I also have a 74 gig sata raptor, 1 dvd rom, audigy 2 regular, amd fx-53, 2 gigs of corsair xms 3200pro xl ram, and couple of exhaust fans. Plus those two cards, I wonder if I would have to get a new psu, I might have to because it only has one pci-e cable (just remembered), is there any way around this? Thanks.

p.s. Yes I am going to pay a crap load for 2 cards, which is why I dont have the extra couple of hundred to buy a new psu just yet...=T and no I don't want to wait if there is a solution =P

Thanks everyone

I believe at least 500watts, but it has to support SLI. Look at nvidias recommended list of PSUs.

I cant wait to take pictures of all my stuff whenever i get it

<3 Enjoy my brother. I will be right behind you when I come home!

question about the WD raptor:
Is 74gb the capacity the actual capacity(comes with 74.5gigs same as any other 80 gig HD) or is it advertised 74gigs and really 74 x 0.9313225=68.9gigs(like any other HD due to advertising the decimal gb's and not the binary gb's)?

Homer said:

First, I love pictures like that. Tell me that doesn't make you smile. Secondly, poor timing... I just took my old Aerogate II out of my case today so maybe I woulda sold it for cheaper :)

Got an Aerogate 3 for my upcomming rig, no use to have the Aerogate 2 in my current rig since only parents will be using it

Edit: Is that 4x512MB? Enjoy your 2T timings :)

Also, I just got a PC-7 case... was considering the PC-65 but 120mm fans = teh winnar :cool:

darkhorse said:
question about the WD raptor:
Is 74gb the capacity the actual capacity(comes with 74.5gigs same as any other 80 gig HD) or is it advertised 74gigs and really 74 x 0.9313225=68.9gigs(like any other HD due to advertising the decimal gb's and not the binary gb's)?

Mine's 69.2 gigs each.. :eek:

I <2 my Dual Raptors. Pure Sex. They need faster ones tho...

16MB Buffer
SATA II
NCQ
250GB
200$

Drools

But im sure we will see purple elephants fly first, but heres to hoping!

Man, I can never post pic like that... no patient... things are always installed piece by piece ... :) (but than it is rare even a piece of my hardware would be considered old)...
Drool on SLI setup. Have 7800GTX running with 4200+x2 and it is much improvement from x850xt pe. As per overclocking X2... both cores are not created equal (cry). one core is vastly superior to the other core in my case as well as many people who has gotten one. Hope you get lucky set.

Homer said:
Well, here they are. I have been waiting and waiting... I'll have more pics in a second after I open them :)
I hate you, your a fucking flaming queer..and an ASSHOLE!!!....lol. I wish i wasnt po'

Homer said:

IMG_4519.jpg

That includes everything I have now, except I did get my Lian Li PC-65 today also. I think you all know by now what hard drive comes in 74gb...

meh i sleep with my 4 tornados without a controller!

I want to have your children. Or you can have my children. Or . . . Hell, I don't care about the children, I just want those babies :D .

Phew, rereading that made me realize just how corny of a sentence that is . . .

Back