Monoprice 8323 Headphones $21.59 + S&H

Can you guys clarify? They list all of their headphones as "over the ear" even the ones that are clearly on the ear. Are these actually over the ear style? Thanks!

Can you guys clarify? They list all of their headphones as "over the ear" even the ones that are clearly on the ear. Are these actually over the ear style? Thanks!

The 8323 that I have covers more than my whole ears.

I vouch for these also! Very good set & sound quality is great for 20 bux...The cord being removable is genius...Ive lost so many headphones due to the cord being pulled out!!

i know i'm late to the party....missed out on the 1 day sale for $19...but i am wondering, are these good for gaming? I'm planning to run motherboard audio (Asus P8P67 Pro)

I needed to order some other stuff from monoprice so I threw a pair of these in. It did increase my order price by 20x though...

I have a pair of HD 681s also; my collection is starting even if everything is low budget.

I think gaming could be a bit of a weakness, if you want definition for location, but alot of gaming headphones focus on base and these have it. Anyhow still for $20 I dont know what is going to be better.

This is off-topic, but I just received the Monoprice 8320 earphones I ordered. I am REALLY impressed by how good these sound. I've been looking around for a replacement for the Koss KSC-75s (ordered a few some years back, my last one bit the big one a few weeks ago), and I think I just found it.

What's really interesting about this, is that when I first put them on I thought they sounded AWFUL. It sounded like I was listening through a pair of really crappy Dell desktop speakers. But then, after literally a few seconds, I started noticing how clear and precise they sounded. I immediately compared them to the headphones I had been using up until then, the Audio Technica ATH-M2X that I had bought from Guitar Center for $40 (I also have the ATH-AD700s, but those a bit too big to be taking to the gym). Holy crap, I realized just how shitty the ATH-M2X's sounded. By comparison they were extremely muddy, distant and lacking in bass. Yes, the $40 headphones from a highly reputable brand like Audio Technica sounded like garbage compared to the $5 reseller-branded earphones. I think the reason I was repulsed at first was because my ears needed a few seconds to adjust to the new sound, they'd become too used to what little the M2X's were giving them.

Theres a thread on Head-Fi about them, after reading a few reviews I decided to give them a shot. I am very pleased. I'm actually hearing things in my music that I had never heard before, even when I was using the KSC-75s.

This is off-topic, but I just received the Monoprice 8320 earphones I ordered. I am REALLY impressed by how good these sound. I've been looking around for a replacement for the Koss KSC-75s (ordered a few some years back, my last one bit the big one a few weeks ago), and I think I just found it.

What's really interesting about this, is that when I first put them on I thought they sounded AWFUL. It sounded like I was listening through a pair of really crappy Dell desktop speakers. But then, after literally a few seconds, I started noticing how clear and precise they sounded. I immediately compared them to the headphones I had been using up until then, the Audio Technica ATH-M2X that I had bought from Guitar Center for $40 (I also have the ATH-AD700s, but those a bit too big to be taking to the gym). Holy crap, I realized just how shitty the ATH-M2X's sounded. By comparison they were extremely muddy, distant and lacking in bass. Yes, the $40 headphones from a highly reputable brand like Audio Technica sounded like garbage compared to the $5 reseller-branded earphones. I think the reason I was repulsed at first was because my ears needed a few seconds to adjust to the new sound, they'd become too used to what little the M2X's were giving them.

Theres a thread on Head-Fi about them, after reading a few reviews I decided to give them a shot. I am very pleased. I'm actually hearing things in my music that I had never heard before, even when I was using the KSC-75s.

They get even better once you let them burn in for a few hours.

Did they change the material on the cable? The old fabric wrap was rough and perma tangled easily on the ones that I had. Excellent sounding but the cable wrap was literally so rough it was painful.

Did they change the material on the cable? The old fabric wrap was rough and perma tangled easily on the ones that I had. Excellent sounding but the cable wrap was literally so rough it was painful.

The cable wrap seems nice to me, gives the earphones a nice high-quality appearance. It does seem to get tangled easily, but nothing that can be undone just as easily.

What do you guys consider the best earphones to get from MONOprice? THe ones that actually go in the ear though like for the Ipod??

These headphones are the shit, I still use mine all the time when I game on my PC. Not a issue at all with these yet

I'm surprised this didn't get any mention in an article I came across last week on CNET that mentioned the best headphones for under $100.

What? They've had some decent editors in the past (even an audiophile or two) but overall they're still pretty weak.

That article has some very mixed recommendations imo, there's lots of better sub-$100 IEMs out there than the Klipsch S4 (let alone the Bose or the Monster Turbines, tho the latter are not terrible for $100), like the MEElec A151s on the very same list. The Creative Aurvana's are solid, the Grado SR-80's are classic, the Koss Porta Pro's are a great value (and probably why the KSC-75 weren't listed) as are the MEElec HT-21 & Senn PX-100...

So they nailed like 6 out of 15 in two out of like three or four categories (dunno if I'd split BT headphones into it's own segment). The portable category seems to be the best selection imo. Their full size recommendations are pretty meh tho and seem based mostly on price drops to previously reviewed cans. Oh and the same person can't possibly have picked all the IEMs. My 2 cents.

I'd toss out half their list and throw in some Monoprice / Samson rebrands, some JVC RX700 and/or AT AD700... Haven't kept up with IEMs so dunno what else makes the $100 budget cut right now but Head Fi's got some good comparison threads.

Last edited:
Got these and they blow my ears off with volume at 30% on x-fi. Upgraded my machine today, and am forgoing the x-fi. Running at 100% and ears not blown. X-fi again??? alc887 now

Ya, onboard sound typically has no power, a sound card typically can amp a bit. If you dont want the x-fi you can get a USB DAC/AMP.

Ya, onboard sound typically has no power, a sound card typically can amp a bit. If you dont want the x-fi you can get a USB DAC/AMP.

Well I'm not trying to get my ears blown off ;). It's fine for just about everything. The problem is that now I'll have to use ffdshow to up the gain a whole ton (800-1000%) when playing certain shows/movies. Vs with the x-fi, I still wouldn't have maxed the main volume. Doesn't seem quite right.

For reference, I'd have to drop the volume for counterstrike down to 10% with these headphones and the x-fi. Now I'm closing in on 80%. The bass is gone too.

On the plus, the alc889 is crystal clear. I just couldn't get rid of the awful background noise / interference with my old x-fi setup. Tweaked pci latencies, moved the card, no dice. Got a lot better if I unplugged just about all usb devices. But even moving the mouse, you could hear it in the headphones. New board doesn't have pci latency setting.

On the plus, the alc889 is crystal clear. I just couldn't get rid of the awful background noise / interference with my old x-fi setup. Tweaked pci latencies, moved the card, no dice. Got a lot better if I unplugged just about all usb devices. But even moving the mouse, you could hear it in the headphones. New board doesn't have pci latency setting.
I had this problem too with my X-Fi(the static/buzzing when moving the mouse) when I went from a full ATX to a microATX board and had to put my video and sound closer together. My solution was simply to just run the system volume louder and turn down the volume on my amplified devices. I think what was happening was that I had my system volume so low that the soundcard was outputting the audio at nearly the same level as the interference. When the interference would get bad, such as when gaming, it would start to clip into my actual audio pretty bad and then get amplified further through my speakers or headset. I am sure the interference is still there, but now the system volume over powers it making it unnoticeable. Maybe if I turned my speakers up to an uncomfortable level I'd start to hear it, but I don't see myself ever doing that.

Do you guys think these are good for gaming? The wife and I fight alot over sound in our room and my gaming keeps her awake. Would these be good to get?

sweet thanks. I noticed these are getting Fantastic reviews all over the internet. I was just worried about the cost since sometimes cheap does not mean good.

sweet thanks. I noticed these are getting Fantastic reviews all over the internet. I was just worried about the cost since sometimes cheap does not mean good.

I chose these over my AD700s for bass heavy music, and I really liked those.

ok for $28.00 with shipping these are getting rave reviews. Im going to give them a shot :) sick of fighting over sound with her getting old

lol yeah but i tend to game at night when shes sleeping and these pro Media's are not helping her sleep. So I just need something good that will let her get some rest. I ordered them. Would you guys recommend a different set of ear cps or are the ones with it fine? I hear they can be uncomfortable

8320's
$9.45 shipped to Arizona, to replace my beloved Zune ear buds. I hope these sound as good or better!

lol yeah but i tend to game at night when shes sleeping and these pro Media's are not helping her sleep. So I just need something good that will let her get some rest. I ordered them. Would you guys recommend a different set of ear cps or are the ones with it fine? I hear they can be uncomfortable

The stock ear pads get extremely uncomfortable after about 2 hours of wear. I just took my Sound Blaster 3D Alpha ear pads and swapped them with the stock Monoprice's.

You'll definitely want to pick up another pair of ear pads, though.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
These headphones sound amazing for the price point, don't even think about it twice, just buy them. Buy two or three of them!

I have these and for gaming they seem okay at reasonable volume but for listening to music sounds pretty nasty. the 8323 really sound awful for music especially at higher volumes but I am not sure I can properly explain since I am no audiophile. when people are singing and say something that has an "s " in it, I almost want to scream. even my old cheap MDR-V150 headphones sound better for vocals as I compared them back to back and they dont do that at all. of course MDR-V150 have almost no bass though and suck for gaming as they will easily clip explosions/gunfire at high volumes.

Back