Monoprice 8323 Headphones $21.59 + S&H

cjhatesu

Limp Gawd
Saw this on SD: http://slickdeals.net/f/3766798-Monoprice-8323-Headphones-Back-on-Stock-21-59

x9LcO.jpg

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

I personally never knew that Monoprice made/sold headphones, but reading the head-fi link from the SD post made these sound like a decent budget headphone, though I don't think they quite have the appeal of the Samson SR850's that were on sale last week, but figured some people might be interested for a cheap travel headphone. The people on SD make it sound like these sell out fast, but I really don't know this is the first time I've heard of them.

EDIT 3/29
These are a daily sale item on Monoprice today(3/29/12) for $19.43(+S&H of course), it's only $2 off but I guess it's worth it when you consider Monoprice doesn't have the best shipping rates.

Last edited:
These are excellent headphones. And they are almost always sold out. I got a pair for my brother in law for Christmas. Very solid, sound good, and are comfortable enough.

These are excellent headphones. And they are almost always sold out. I got a pair for my brother in law for Christmas. Very solid, sound good, and are comfortable enough.
+1 both to the quality and these always being sold out.

I have also bought close to 50 of their white earbuds for my self and other people (Flexible In-ear Earphones w/ 10mm Cobalt Magnets - White item 6778) that start at $3.66. I can not tell the difference in quality between these and other units that cost anywhere from 5 to even 10 times as much, they really do sound like $20 earbuds.

Monoprice FTW.

Best budget headphones out there. Then Superlux then Samson sr850.

The earbuds are damn good too.

Yeah in like 24 hours that stock sold out. I don't know how many they started with but I saw this yesterday around noon and they were at 144, so these really do fly off the shelf.

Wow, MonoPrice makes just about anything that can be plugged into a computer or A/V receiver! :eek:

I'd bite if I didn't already have AKG Sextett's and some Beyer DT990 manufakturs :D

I bought a set of these a couple weeks ago. I love mine, they are very comfortable and the sound is very good too. Awesome headphones for the price, just like all of the monoprice stuff.

Call me whacky, but every time I see headphones like this I want to find some kind of boom mic I can glue to the side of it so it can be a headset.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, MonoPrice makes just about anything that can be plugged into a computer or A/V receiver! :eek:

Monoprice doesn't "make" anything. They don't have any in-house engineering department designing products. They're strictly reselling and in some cases rebadging whatever they can buy in bulk from hong kong & friends. It comes over in big cargo containers and everyone trips over their dicks about mediocrity for a "low low price". Point being there is no monoprice "brand".

Monoprice doesn't "make" anything. They don't have any in-house engineering department designing products. They're strictly reselling and in some cases rebadging whatever they can buy in bulk from hong kong & friends. It comes over in big cargo containers and everyone trips over their dicks about mediocrity for a "low low price". Point being there is no monoprice "brand".
OK, I guess I was being too liberal on the word "make" and should've said "rebadge". In the end, I wanted to imply that they sell a lot of things that have their name on it.

Well now do not get to technical there what American company does make anything lol? (once again do not get to technical). The real question most people should be asking of every product is simple. Who else makes the same thing rebranded.

Hah this is getting funny. And as rudy says it's better to focus more on who else uses this same OEM item and comparing it with that. A guy on head-fi compared these to the Kicker HP541 and they do appear to be the same even down to the cables that are packaged with it and those sell around $50.

Yes they are basically just bulk importers. However, they import parts that are good quality for the price.

Who gives a fuck who designs or manufacturers anything so long as you get a good deal on it?

Not me!

Wow I just looked at the kickers lol yep same thing. I just realized these have a removable cord that is freaking awesome I have all sorts of cans and none of them have that simple practical feature even at 10x the price.

Definitely going to try these when they come back in stock.

Warranty on $20 headphones, LOL. pretty sure you just buy another set.

Actually monoprice is pretty good about returns. Not sure how long but if you get a bad pair out of the box, no worries about getting them replaced.

Well now do not get to technical there what American company does make anything lol? (once again do not get to technical). The real question most people should be asking of every product is simple. Who else makes the same thing rebranded.

Most "make" their own products in that they create and engineer them in-house. Where manufacturing takes place is another matter.

Monoprice, while I love them, doesn't engineer, design, or create anything.

These are back in stock. The e-mail showed 34 units available.

Thanks. Finally got around to ordering a pair.

Been looking for some headphones for business trips. Earbuds just don't cut out enough noise on the plane. It would be nice for these to show up before my flight on Friday, but not placing any bets (USPS Priority shipping)....

It would be nice for these to show up before my flight on Friday, but not placing any bets (USPS Priority shipping)....

I was very surprised with how fast their USPS Priority shipping was. I ordered these on the 12th at about 6PM and they were at my house on the 14th and that was using priority mail, so hopefully you'll have a similar experience. Definitely not a bad headphone for the price, and I found with a bit of EQ tweaking they can sound pretty good.

I just got these bad boys in, quite bassier than my 595's which is expected since they're closed back. However, I am impressed of the sound stage on these things. I only played CS:S, but the sound stage is on par with my 595's! I can get a pin point of foot steps and gun shots pretty much the same. The 595's are a whole lot comfortable though and the pleather for the earpads smell like shit, yuuuuck. For around $30, I would recommend these over a pair of HD 202's mainly because the sound is pretty good, but they're a lot more comfortable.

Just bought two - One for me, one for wife.

The price is right and I want something I can leave at work so I don't have to haul my SH-440s back and forth.

...quite bassier than my 595's which is expected since they're closed back.
How does that work? Doesn't putting a driver into a sealed box always raise the system resonance? And no box is bigger than having no box...

In stock, was ordering a #6814 tablet (supposedly on-par with an intuos4 but only $48+ship) and decided to tack these on as well to replace my aging, slightly-broken-physically Sennheiser HD485's. I'll update with thoughts once they're here on Wednesday.

By the way, apparrently the subs Monoprice sells are supposed to be of high quality (rebadges of good ones) as well per SD, gonna have to look into those myself!

How does that work? Doesn't putting a driver into a sealed box always raise the system resonance? And no box is bigger than having no box...

I think you just answered your own question there... :p the more resonance in a closed box means the bass gets boomier, thus the bass becomes bassy, or bass heavy. By no means does this mean the bass is accurate and clean though, almost always the exact opposite.

Back