Microsoft exploring options to power its datcenters using nuclear energy

You pay the taxes, the tax money goes to the oil company.
Who pay the taxes between the customer, worker, stockholder, company partner, etc... is not that obvious (i.e. remove the tax would the price at the pomp go down or stay and increase the company revenues), it is quite fongible you cannot really decide who is actually taxed in particular, every tax is paid by all of them, a company is after all only a accounting convention and cannot be actually taxed. End of the day how can a tax not be paid from money that came from the customer of the product pocket ?

In texas alone tax and royalty (not counting federal) from oil was above 24 billions last year (not sure if it count the personal income tax of the employee in that field, their house municipal tax they pay with their oil&gas income and so on), I doubt the industry and its clients are at hole on a net positive from a state benefit point of view, state with a lot of oil tend to have the least taxed population.

Last edited:
Who pay the taxes between the customer, worker, stockholder, company partner, etc... is not that obvious (i.e. remove the tax would the price at the pomp go down or stay and increase the company revenues), it is quite fongible you cannot really decide who is actually taxed in particular, every tax is paid by all of them, a company is after all only a accounting convention and cannot be actually taxed.
Technically everyone is taxed, it's just a matter of whose pocket feels it first. For example, if we are taxed at the pump, gas stations might have to lower prices because people aren't driving as much. But if the station or oil company are taxed, then they'll have to increase prices to cover that cost (as much as possible).

You pay the taxes, the tax money goes to the oil company.

Isn't corruption great?
It's like the bag fee we have in CA, 25 cents per bag that MUST be charged, it's the law, and where does that money go? Help clean up plastic waste in the waterways or maybe just in the general fund for the state treasury? Nah the business that sells you the bag gets to keep it

It's like the bag fee we have in CA, 25 cents per bag that MUST be charged, it's the law, and where does that money go? Help clean up plastic waste in the waterways or maybe just in the general fund for the state treasury? Nah the business that sells you the bag gets to keep it

I'm glad to see the bag charge works the same everywhere it's done. What a crock of shit. I'm all for cutting back on our endless garbage, the amount of totally unnecessary plastic packaging on the average consumer product is mind bending, but forcing companies to charge consumers more is madness. That seems to be the pattern though, massive conglomerates create a problem and the people need to either fix it or be punished for reasons.

It's almost like the parasitic C suite and the crooked fuckers making laws are the best of chums...

...Taking care of one another...

...With our money...

Charging customer could be the good way to go (using capitalism and market force), charged them for very tiny plastic bag that would have been used for kitchen garbage bag, cats litter and so on for them to buy heavier bag (often subsidized and wasted) is not that obvious of a good move.

Instead of charging and let market force go, they often manually pick winner-looser (like in some juridiction once a bag once it reach some type of thickest got considered reusable and free of surcharge, now not only that juridiction added all the reusable bag industry, the buy kitchen plastic bag in the store instead of reusing those use to bag the grocery but they have a bigger plastic use purely in grocery plastic to bag the grocery usage)

Back