Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

w00t

wednesday Nov 17th. MP:Echoes goes on sale :) Who is buying :D

I will probably buy after I finish HL2. I have the tendency to run off to a new game when I haven't finished the one that I was currently playing, I plan on stopping to do that with HL2.

actually, it officially released today, and im picking mine up from gamestop tomorrow

a day late for you :p

but yes, this will be the best console FPS/adventure since, well ever

Abysmal said:
(thread crap rant)

Being the stalwart Nintendo fan that I once was, it pains me to say all of this, but even I am finally fed up with their practices. I sold the GC a month ago, and I might miss out on this nicely styled game, but I'll deal with it.

It's always pitifully easy to guess Nintendo's next line-up...Mario (and related), Metroid, and Zelda. For their GC refresh line-up we have Metroid Prime 2, a new realistic Zelda, and Mario 128. On the mobile side we can look forward to yet more of the same: Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Minish Cap. And then there's the endless remakes and rereleases on both platforms. I used to sheepishly think they were where the fun is at, they knew how to innovate and make games, but they don't. Not at all. Slap a new style, add a new feature, and rehash the same exact content. It is also irritating that they push and push you to buy buy buy the GBA to hook up and be able to experience the whole game.

It had some greats, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness (this and SH replace RE), and I liked Metroid Prime (the American-style nuances really appealed). But it's not enough to hold the system, they need more third-party exclusive stuff (or rather, they don't, so I don't have to buy another system)

I guess you dont like RPGs and didn't play Tales of Symphonia.

to Abysmal:

my brother, who lives in the same house as i, has a PS2 and halo2 alone is not enough for me to buy an xbox :)

in general, it pains me when people say "OMG TEH GAMES ARE CART00NS!!11!!" because
a lot of the time the person is just being thick headed and the games are extremely fun E.G. Mario Party, SSBM, mario tennis, Star fox adventures (rented it and had a lot of fun with it)etc... sure it doesnt have online capabilities right now but what can a console do online that a PC cant do better?

sure it doesnt have online capabilities right now but what can a console do online that a PC cant do better?

Voice chat (Usually gibberish in PC games that feature it), friend tracking/joining, and stability of service (I've yet to lag in Xbox Live).

WickedAngel said:
I felt that there was only one flaw in Metroid Prime; the controls. It should have been dual-analog. Having to stop before you could look around was a pain in the ass, IMO.

damn real kid.. its a shame they didn't make PM2 dual analog..

i think that is one of the biggest things that hurts this game..

It's annoying ot have to stop (and hold the R button) just so you can look up and down..

and i have yet to lag in warcraftIII :)

/f list brings up all my friends and says what they are up to

voice chat is easy to use in games like UT2k4 and CS:S as opposed to games like socom where only one guy can speak at a time

as for the controls, they simply ran out of buttons, traditional FPSs dont have to deal with the cool feature of more than way of sight (well nightvision in some games but not used as much as visors are in MP). also just getting used to it helps more than playing through the game and complaining

Why are MP2 and MGS3 going on sale on a Wednesday instead of a Tuesday?

They're ruining the flow of nature!

Damn you are right :eek:

/me scuttles along to Best buy to buy Metroid prime.. I see sleepless nights here.

w00t

i poicked it up :)

time to start another [H] metroid prime: echoes walk through :D

**********spoiler************

It looks like Samus suite was built by Microsoft. There is a creature in the game that causes the suites computer software to CRASH. but instead of blue screening all you see is black and white :D

samus has never been so sexy ;)

i love it, but its hard to distribute time evenly between this and halflife2, but by the looks of it, metroid prime2 is going to be much longer. i think im around 6 hours into it and like 27-28% done so about 20-25 hours fully done

retardedchicken said:
samus has never been so sexy ;)

i love it, but its hard to distribute time evenly between this and halflife2, but by the looks of it, metroid prime2 is going to be much longer. i think im around 6 hours into it and like 27-28% done so about 20-25 hours fully done

yea i heard that it will probably take a first time player about 30 hours...

doesthe multiplayer mode have bots?? or is it mandatory to have at least one other person??

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
yea i heard that it will probably take a first time player about 30 hours...

doesthe multiplayer mode have bots?? or is it mandatory to have at least one other person??
No bots sadly. :(

Abysmal said:
(thread crap rant)

Being the stalwart Nintendo fan that I once was, it pains me to say all of this, but even I am finally fed up with their practices. I sold the GC a month ago, and I might miss out on this nicely styled game, but I'll deal with it.

It's always pitifully easy to guess Nintendo's next line-up...Mario (and related), Metroid, and Zelda. For their GC refresh line-up we have Metroid Prime 2, a new realistic Zelda, and Mario 128. On the mobile side we can look forward to yet more of the same: Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Minish Cap. And then there's the endless remakes and rereleases on both platforms. I used to sheepishly think they were where the fun is at, they knew how to innovate and make games, but they don't. Not at all. Slap a new style, add a new feature, and rehash the same exact content. It is also irritating that they push and push you to buy buy buy the GBA to hook up and be able to experience the whole game.

It had some greats, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness (this and SH replace RE), and I liked Metroid Prime (the American-style nuances really appealed). But it's not enough to hold the system, they need more third-party exclusive stuff (or rather, they don't, so I don't have to buy another system)

I do agree with your points, but in all fairness even Ikaruga for GC is only a port. That's a dreamcast game.

-f

ok.. so from playing it more.. the single player mode is great.. i like it.. but the multiplayer seems like bullshit.. i don't know.. what do you guys think???

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
ok.. so from playing it more.. the single player mode is great.. i like it.. but the multiplayer seems like bullshit.. i don't know.. what do you guys think???

Well, being able to lock on to your target would definitely seem lame.

Back