Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

I'm at the last boss in the game, and tried a few times to beat him, but didnt put a lot of effort into it, cause I kinda like knowing I havne't quite beat it yet. :D

Beat the first, it was amazing. I have seen the demos and all, they seemed to have refined the engine even more :D
Better visuals + more enemies on screen = lots of fun :)

It will defiantly be good.. i think...

it will be coming out around the same time a Halo 2, and i'm sure people are gonna compare.. which is kind of stupid.. because Halo and metroid are two very different games...

I am excited for the following month. Mario Tennis and Metroid Prime: Echoes. I'm almost at the end of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so I need some more Gamecube entertainment. :D

Metroid Prime original was amazing, I hope I can say the same about Echoes.

(thread crap rant)

Being the stalwart Nintendo fan that I once was, it pains me to say all of this, but even I am finally fed up with their practices. I sold the GC a month ago, and I might miss out on this nicely styled game, but I'll deal with it.

It's always pitifully easy to guess Nintendo's next line-up...Mario (and related), Metroid, and Zelda. For their GC refresh line-up we have Metroid Prime 2, a new realistic Zelda, and Mario 128. On the mobile side we can look forward to yet more of the same: Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Minish Cap. And then there's the endless remakes and rereleases on both platforms. I used to sheepishly think they were where the fun is at, they knew how to innovate and make games, but they don't. Not at all. Slap a new style, add a new feature, and rehash the same exact content. It is also irritating that they push and push you to buy buy buy the GBA to hook up and be able to experience the whole game.

It had some greats, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness (this and SH replace RE), and I liked Metroid Prime (the American-style nuances really appealed). But it's not enough to hold the system, they need more third-party exclusive stuff (or rather, they don't, so I don't have to buy another system)

GaleForce said:
I never finished the first game. I have a nasty habit of not beating games.

I know exactly what you mean. My save for this game has been untouched for a month now. I have 2 Chozo Artifacts to get and then on to Meta Ridley. Now that I beat Doom 3 I should have some time to finish this up :)

Abysmal said:
(thread crap rant)

Being the stalwart Nintendo fan that I once was, it pains me to say all of this, but even I am finally fed up with their practices. I sold the GC a month ago, and I might miss out on this nicely styled game, but I'll deal with it.

It's always pitifully easy to guess Nintendo's next line-up...Mario (and related), Metroid, and Zelda. For their GC refresh line-up we have Metroid Prime 2, a new realistic Zelda, and Mario 128. On the mobile side we can look forward to yet more of the same: Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Minish Cap. And then there's the endless remakes and rereleases on both platforms. I used to sheepishly think they were where the fun is at, they knew how to innovate and make games, but they don't. Not at all. Slap a new style, add a new feature, and rehash the same exact content. It is also irritating that they push and push you to buy buy buy the GBA to hook up and be able to experience the whole game.

It had some greats, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness (this and SH replace RE), and I liked Metroid Prime (the American-style nuances really appealed). But it's not enough to hold the system, they need more third-party exclusive stuff (or rather, they don't, so I don't have to buy another system)

Good point.. lol.. i think nintendo prides itself on it's innovation to the industry too ... lol.. Now that you pointed it out.. i never reallly noticed that.. they kind of hinge on the same few games... i think they are trying to change.. i don't now

one thing i do think is bullshit with nintendo is the whole online thing.. they think it's not worth it... well i love online gaming.. as a matter of a fact if the revolution doesn't not have some sort of online multiplayer capabillity i'm not gonna get it.. fuck that... i'd go with playstation or Xbox.. i want my online play.. so.. nintendo just lost a customer because of something thye think is not worth it..

I remember Metroid Prime as being one of the few console games I've really enjoyed recently. Maybe I'll dust if off and play again, to bring back the memory and feel of the game, and prep me for the joys to come.

Abysmal said:
(thread crap rant)

It's a darn shame you feel that way. *Hugs gamecube*

The first Metroid Prime alone is enough of a reason to get a Gamecube. It is simply the best possible example of what the Gamecube can do at it's best. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes has a new lighting engine, new particle effects, better textures, better AI, better gameplay, and best of all a multiplayer mode as well. If this game is anywhere near as good as the first one, it is a definate nust-have for anyone with a Gamecube.

Zero82z said:
The first Metroid Prime alone is enough of a reason to get a Gamecube. It is simply the best possible example of what the Gamecube can do at it's best. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes has a new lighting engine, new particle effects, better textures, better AI, better gameplay, and best of all a multiplayer mode as well. If this game is anywhere near as good as the first one, it is a definate nust-have for anyone with a Gamecube.

I agree. Having said that I havnt completed the first on either. I am on the first stage of the last boss (big black spider looking thing).

The two final bosses are very easy on normal mode. On Hard Mode, that's another story...

Syphon Filter said:
I agree. Having said that I havnt completed the first on either. I am on the first stage of the last boss (big black spider looking thing).

that big black spider is Metroid prime in its shell. the fun don't start until it's final form (the TRUE metroid prime :) )

and also they did call it metroid prime 2: Echoes :eek:

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-1699&

so that means another metroid prime in this one? What i want to know is dark samus damn it :)

edit: btw the screw atack from the old metroids is back :D

Zero82z said:
The two final bosses are very easy on normal mode. On Hard Mode, that's another story...

Whatever man.. walk in the park.. i on hard mode i beat it pretty easy with 99% too!!

though i do remember some tough parts.. but over all.. not too hard.. However, i hope they don't make echoes impossible lol..

This past Saturday I dusted it off and got all of the remaining artifacts and just beat meta-ridley yesterday. I cant seem to get MP in the shell killed....but I'll make it before MP2....I cant wait....hugs to my gc as well man!!

-Rikus

Abysmal said:
(thread crap rant)

So what are the big games the other consoles have coming out at around the same time? Another Halo game, another GTA game, and another GT game. I get your point about Nintendo, but they're not the only one doing it. And when the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid games are as good as they are, why not? I'll stick with Nintendo.

As for Metroid Prime, it was a tough enemy in the spider form, but the final form I thought was really easy. It had to be since there was no health available between the fights. Omega Pirate was the most difficult though. I've seen video of him being defeated without really getting hit, but I had a ton of problems getting through that battle.

Definitely looking forward to Metroid Prime 2 though. Hopefully it's a good length like the first one and just as good.

Im kinda mad about 2 years ago m GC, 6 games (including Metroid Prime),A 600$ reciever, 1000$ worth of spealers and about 25,000$ worth of "burned stuff" got stolen I got about 2500$ check because I couldn't count the "burned stuff" Now Im kicking myself for buying an xbox instead of rebuying a GameCube I was really lookin forward to this game but now I dont have a GC

Molgera said:
So what are the big games the other consoles have coming out at around the same time?

I'm not talking about big games per se (I don't even like Halo or GTA all that much), I'm talking about games in general, games with original content. Developers are much more willing to go with the other platforms, from larger user base, to easier access, and less limitations on disc capacity and controller buttons. Nintendo can only really rely on themselves, and that worked, for a time. It's just getting stagnant now. (what's next, Mario Revolution, Zelda Revolution?)

There's just so much more unique and orginal content on the other platforms, big libraries with lots of obscure gems, ignoring the big-name stuff. I know it sounds hypocritical since I've just been denouncing Nintendo by naming their big name first-party stuff, but really, what's left after that? Remakes, RE4? I'm done supporting them.

Wow.. you people really had trouble beating metroid prime?? i don't know man.. i beat it on hard pretty easy... maybe i'm just a bad ass gamer lol...

And i don't even play video games that often. i'm more of a occasional gamer.. lol.. sorry for the boasting.. but yeah.. Though i do agree that the hardest enemy was the omega pirate...

It wasn't that hard. I managed to beat it with 100% on Hard Mode, and I did beat the Omega Pirate on my first try. Still have to get that damned art gallery 2 though.

Zero82z said:
It wasn't that hard. I managed to beat it with 100% on Hard Mode, and I did beat the Omega Pirate on my first try. Still have to get that damned art gallery 2 though.

What was teh special ending??!?! cause i only got 99% on hard.. adn well.. i can't go back and do it.. as i sold the game.. so that i can pay for Prime 2 lol..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
What was teh special ending??!?! cause i only got 99% on hard.. adn well.. i can't go back and do it.. as i sold the game.. so that i can pay for Prime 2 lol..
Samus strips and dances around Primes dead carcass...or something like that.

I am an avid pc gamer. I have owned playstation, n64 and got the gamecube specifically for Metroid Prime. On the computer I normally play a game until I'm bored with it which usually isnt very long. Playing Metroid Prime on the gamecube had me so hooked I played through it until I beat it, and I still play it to try and get a higher completion percentage . Right now I'm at 76% and I've been through everywhere and done what looks like everything, yet there is 24% more of the game I have not experienced.

Honestly if you are a Metroid fan you have simply got to get the gamecube and both the Metroid Prime games as the graphics, gameplay and story line are absolutely amazing.

Since I've gotten the gamecube I've accumilated about 30 games or so. Windwaker, Enter the Matrix etc..its just too bad that alot of the games released today arent ported over to gamecube because I wanna play Halo, and Halo 2 also, but I dont really wanna spend the money for extra consoles.. :mad:

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Wow.. you people really had trouble beating metroid prime?? i don't know man.. i beat it on hard pretty easy... maybe i'm just a bad ass gamer lol...

And i don't even play video games that often. i'm more of a occasional gamer.. lol.. sorry for the boasting.. but yeah.. Though i do agree that the hardest enemy was the omega pirate...

I have to agree that MP was not all that difficult to beat. However for me the hardest enemy to beat was meta-ridley. I think that I just spent too much time with the game. I am one of those players that has to beat the game perfectly and I ran around and got 100% before I went to MP and meta-ridley. I got pissed off at him and stopped playing for a couple of days, sat back down and beat him right away :rolleyes: .

This time I am going to take my time and not spend all my free time playing MP2. ;)

Don't know what the other endings look like 'cause I never beat it below 100% :p

The "special ending" is that at the end you see a hand reach out of what is left of MP. It looks like some dark version of samus. Hmm.... Dark Samus, where have I heard that before?? ;)

Meta-Ridley? He was extremely easy, especially on normal mode. You just have to use the Wavebuster on him once he gets to the ground and he's gone if you have enough missiles. The special ending is the one with the hand coming out of the phazon pool, by the way.

Zero82z said:
Meta-Ridley? He was extremely easy, especially on normal mode. You just have to use the Wavebuster on him once he gets to the ground and he's gone if you have enough missiles. The special ending is the one with the hand coming out of the phazon pool, by the way.

You misunderstood. The reason that Meta-ridley seemed the hardest to me is that I had game burnout. If I play a game too much in a short period of time, then my playing skills go down the tubes. After I took some time off the game, he was cake.

i loved metroid prime, but beating the metroid prime was a bitch for me, that was before i got into PC gaming (well before i even had a pc to game on) so i wasnt good at any of the normal FPS skills, althought the game is quite a bit different from normal FPS's

i got MP, RE 0, and james bond nightfire for christmas two years ago, and needless to say, the latter two hardly got out of their cases until i beat metroid prime. :cool:

some of the effects really blew me away, i never found a game on another console that i thought looked prettier (at the time), like when you were fighting the space pirates with jet packs, and they launched those homing missles at you and either hit or landed close to you, you can see samus' face reflect off her visor. i was stunned when i saw that :eek:

cant wait for MP2:echoes!

phaelinx said:
Right now I'm at 76% and I've been through everywhere and done what looks like everything, yet there is 24% more of the game I have not experienced.

I played it through wihout assistance on normal, but I used a FAQ when replaying it on hard in order to get everything for 100%. Basically, the hard things are that you have to scan *everything* and get every missile expansion and there numerous things you can miss and won't be able to go back to later. And since I had already finished the game on normal, I looked up and took advantage of some sequence breaking for the second playthrough. Made it much easier getting the plasma beam so early.

That actually makes me wanna play it again..

I played the demo of that on a GC at Frys a few years ago and was utterly amazed at the graphics..When you first land on the planet and you're out of the ship and its all raining, you look up and watch the water drop on Samus' visor and its just awesome..great sound, great graphics and great storyline and thats saying alot considering consoles usually dont have graphics like pcs do, their normally worse, but MP looked fuckin awesome even for a console....really shows what the ATi gamecube chip is capable of. I just wish more games that are made for xbox and playstation2 were ported over..I mean shit I wanna play halo..halo2 and all the other badass games but cant see a reason to buy an xbox and playstation2 to take up more space by my tv just for those games..I'll have to wait years for ports to the PC which are half assed.

the more i think about it, the more i realized that metroid prime was one of the best single player FPS's to date, i got more into it then halo and halflife

theres just more substance and background there, all of the chozo wall writings and space pirate logs just give it much more material than halo/halflife.

it was a very well made game, i dont think that it gets the recognition it deserves because of its lack of popularity compared to halo, but it deserves it.

metroid prime 2 also isnt getting as much recognition since everyone hops on the halo2 bandwagon. although it may seem to r0xx0r, metroid prime2 can match it.

oh, and PS....Samus>>>>Master Chief. One charged freeze bomb thingy following by a charged plasma blast and the chief will collapse faster than a card house during an earthquake :D

A game like metroid prime. is for people that have the palate.. you get me??

Prime is for people that seek more than just all out rambo gun fights (though.. those can be much fun with friends)..

it's for us with a more refined taste for games...

basically what i'm trying to say is games like Halo, are for the masses.. the type of thing that every joe would like (including myself).. but prime is for those.. seeking for more meaning.. more... art...

that post leads me to believe that the meaning of life is somewhere in metroid prime :eek:

just another reason to play it i guess :D

retardedchicken said:
that post leads me to believe that the meaning of life is somewhere in metroid prime :eek:

just another reason to play it i guess :D

Psssst.. you kidding me??? Metroid prime is a metaphor for life itself... :)

I'm so glad that I beat this game today, I am like some people too where I usually have poor follow through and don't beat most games. But I felt since this game was so friggin awsome that I owed it to MP to beat it! I cant wait until mp2!! Hey if they make a third one, it'll be called MP3!

-Rikus

I'm hoping that there will be a way to get multiplayer going with more than 1 gc on a lan (via broadband adapter), so that you're not stuck on one monitor. I know it's probably not possible, but I'm not a real fan of split screen......I've heard of some utility that you can use on your'e network and gamecube that will allow you to play some (very few) games via internet. Does anyone know of this? I forgot the name.

-RIkus

Yeah.. it's called warppipe.. just google for it..

you can play Mario kart online.. some snowboard game.. and something else...

i was thinking of doing it.. but i don't feel like shelling out the cash for a broadband adaptor..

i got a question abou metroid prime, in the pirate ship crash site theres an ice beam door way up in the corner of the site, how in the hell do you get in it? ive tried for about an hour with no success :(

I felt that there was only one flaw in Metroid Prime; the controls. It should have been dual-analog. Having to stop before you could look around was a pain in the ass, IMO.

Back