Meet Julie Larson-Green, The New Head of Windows

I don't see why Microsoft couldn't have released Windows 8 (with the metro UI) preinstalled on tablet devices. Then have a seperate release (with the "normal" UI) for laptop/desktop computers. I use a mouse and keyboard, a UI designed for a touchscreen is worthless to me.
Cramming both into an OS is the worst thing Microsoft could have done. I know people are using tablets more but the desktop isn't going anywhere.

Now, you sound like a Microsoft employee doing his/her undercover work on the forum. Your condescending attitude does nothing to bolster your argument.

There is no bitching from my perspective. If a 3rd party company can sell a significant volume of software (Start8) in order to address a perceived problem with a new OS, then THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW OS.

There was absolutely no need for Microsoft to go the route they did with the interface. Everyone could have been happy here. Old users (I will cop to that charge) could still have their happy interface they spent the last 18+ years using, and the NKOTB could have their colorful tiles. I don't judge one interface above another, vive le difference. My only criticism is Microsoft removed functionality from WIN8 for some reason that still eludes me.

No truer words. Microsoft screwed the pooch.

Metro is a full screen start button. It makes stuff you need there with less clicks. I love it.

I pissed and moaned about clicking when windows went mainstream. I learned DOS commands for nothing at that point, 20 years later I know the shift to the GUI was a good thing.

win 8 is the best windows yet, I really don't care to argue it. it's a quality product. You either embrace it or you don't, not my job to convince folks.

Metro is a full screen start button. It makes stuff you need there with less clicks. I love it.

I pissed and moaned about clicking when windows went mainstream. I learned DOS commands for nothing at that point, 20 years later I know the shift to the GUI was a good thing.

win 8 is the best windows yet, I really don't care to argue it. it's a quality product. You either embrace it or you don't, not my job to convince folks.

Excellent post. You like it or you don't, it's that simple. You make your case as to why you don't like it or not. But if you're going to make a case one way or another it helps to have actually used it, and if you're going to argue against tablets and touch in Windows 8 you're argument is better if you've used it in that environment.

Excellent post. You like it or you don't, it's that simple. You make your case as to why you don't like it or not. But if you're going to make a case one way or another it helps to have actually used it, and if you're going to argue against tablets and touch in Windows 8 you're argument is better if you've used it in that environment.

Of course, if you have used it and don't like it, you also have to have 20 years of experience with Windows 8 on at least 10,000 different brands of devices or your dislike of it is totally invalid.

Of course, if you have used it and don't like it, you also have to have 20 years of experience with Windows 8 on at least 10,000 different brands of devices or your dislike of it is totally invalid.
Just because you don't like that cock in your mouth, you opinion is invalid unless you've been sucking it for 20 years and from men of different size and shape to have a valid opinion of whether or not you don't like it.

Just because you don't like that cock in your mouth, you opinion is invalid unless you've been sucking it for 20 years and from men of different size and shape to have a valid opinion of whether or not you don't like it.

That explains why everything around here tastes like ham! :eek:

Oooh <shameless self-promotion> go look at my new gaming desktop in the pics of your rig thread in the case modding thing! Its post 504!

I use it on a tablet and desktop and I still hate it on my desktop because I find it that it obfuscates common tasks, breaks search for me and doesn't alphabetically list the 70+ applications that I use. I also don't like the theme of sharp edges or colors.

I am guessing tho because I don't like Windows 8 you will just tell me some BS how I am not changing and you will completely disregard my problems because your are just a windows 8 troll.

Back