Linus: You Can't Trust Apple's Performance Claims

Again. What control does Apple have over other manufacturers?
I think they call it monkey see monkey do. Again, if taking away features and control still sells then of course other manufacturers will copy Apple.
In ‘Murica we have this belief in something called “personal responsibility”. Blaiming someone else is called: “making excuses”.
That's why in Europe they are forcing phone manufacturers to have a removable battery and side loading. You can't "personal responsible" buying a phone with the features you want if there's no device available unless you go back several years. Good luck using a Desire-Z in 2023.
Your last two posts are coward posts not blaiming the individual manufacturers for their own personal decisions.
What the hell does coward posts even mean? Am I too left leaning to understand this concept? I absolutely blame other manufacturers and will throw them under a bus, but a lot of them already have barely any market share. Samsung has the majority of the market and yea they're assholes about SD cards and installing custom roms. Then you have Xiaomi and OnePlus which I've never heard of until recently but now has significant market share. I've never seen Vivo so I assume this is outside of the United States. The rest have the remaining market share which is where Motorola and LG probably fit in. Good luck telling those companies to not be like Apple, because it clearly doesn't work. That's exactly Samsung's strategy for the past decade was to just be like the iPhone, and it worked. Samsung may have some devices with SD Card slot, but that list is shrinking.

Global-Smartphone-Market-Share-Q1-2023.jpg

Fairly flabbergasted that someone would suggest the iPhone wasn't a big deal on launch. Anyone old enough to remember those times remembers how big of a deal it was and reveal by Jobs. Safari on the original iPhone was an absolute game changer along with just about everything else on the phone. The hardware and software design of that thing in of itself is one of the great tech stories of all time.

I think they call it monkey see monkey do. Again, if taking away features and control still sells then of course other manufacturers will copy Apple.

That's why in Europe they are forcing phone manufacturers to have a removable battery and side loading. You can't "personal responsible" buying a phone with the features you want if there's no device available unless you go back several years. Good luck using a Desire-Z in 2023.

What the hell does coward posts even mean? Am I too left leaning to understand this concept? I absolutely blame other manufacturers and will throw them under a bus, but a lot of them already have barely any market share. Samsung has the majority of the market and yea they're assholes about SD cards and installing custom roms. Then you have Xiaomi and OnePlus which I've never heard of until recently but now has significant market share. I've never seen Vivo so I assume this is outside of the United States. The rest have the remaining market share which is where Motorola and LG probably fit in. Good luck telling those companies to not be like Apple, because it clearly doesn't work. That's exactly Samsung's strategy for the past decade was to just be like the iPhone, and it worked. Samsung may have some devices with SD Card slot, but that list is shrinking.

View attachment 589782
The way you win in a market is by using a blue ocean strategy and not by imitation.

Apple has won out primarily by understanding what people want in a phone and catering to them. The goal shouldn’t be: how to get Apple customers. It should be: what do users want in a phone and how can we offer a value proposition that isn’t something Apple offers (or really any competitor and not just Apple).

For examples look at Nintendo vs their two competitors. Nintendo offers a value proposition that the others do not. Tesla was that company 10 years ago when entering the car market.

For an example in the phone arena,
Nothing Phone is attempting to do something different that the CEO of nothing phone doesn’t see in the market.

So again, lack of responsibility from the vendors. Using strategies that cannot work for them. Lacking vision. Lacking brand strategy etc all have lead these companies to this place.

Apple has had little to do with it.

As for your list of “musts”, it’s not any companies job to cater to some individual. Apple is pumping out 10m or whatever phones a year. They definitely do not care and cannot care about what an individual thinks or wants. And neither can any other phone vendor. All of your requests affect <1%

Also Apple is 'people just don't need to think about it' which is why it won a big part of the market

"what phone should I get?" - iPhone

"where should I get it?" - Apple Store

"what if something goes wrong?" - Apple Store

They're turning Android into iOS more and more now anyway lol

I still in general like Android more than iOS - but with the above and now third party app stores coming to iOS - that smaller with time gap is gonna shrink more now

iPhone is still the best phone in terms of you buy the lowest end iPhone and it will be updated longer than even flagship Androids/Pixels from Google, let alone every other Android OEM manufacturer, which is why I switched myself some years back

Fairly flabbergasted that someone would suggest the iPhone wasn't a big deal on launch. Anyone old enough to remember those times remembers how big of a deal it was and reveal by Jobs. Safari on the original iPhone was an absolute game changer along with just about everything else on the phone. The hardware and software design of that thing in of itself is one of the great tech stories of all time.
This is the problem I have with Apple, in that nothing they do is a game change realistically. If anything they move the industry to a negative direction. You and a bunch of Apple fans think that the iPhone was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but again my HTC TyTN II was there before the iPhone and was better. I still have it laying around with Android installed. The reason anyone thinks the iPhone was a big deal, is the same reason why Apple has historically lied about their performance numbers. Who would actually believe the Apple Mac Studio is 6x anything? The same people who think the iPhone was a big deal. 20 years has passed and Apple is free to lie about any metric and their core audience will still eat it up. Apple fans do not look at things objectively. If history were to repeat itself then Apple will once again go back to Intel. I don't doubt Intel's Meteor Lake will be a game changer. Lets see what lies Apple will produce against Intel, because Apple has done it before. Some of us have been around long enough to remember that.

perfperwatt.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

As for your list of “musts”, it’s not any companies job to cater to some individual. Apple is pumping out 10m or whatever phones a year. They definitely do not care and cannot care about what an individual thinks or wants. And neither can any other phone vendor. All of your requests affect <1%
They don't care about what I think, but they do care what the EU thinks. The top things on my list that I hate about iPhones are now being forcefully corrected by the EU. What that means is that I'm not the only one thinking about these things. The reason the EU had to force this is because other manufacturers besides Apple started to do it. If only the EU can force laptop manufacturers to have removable SSD's, because eventually those Apple Macbooks with soldered SSD's will fail and become e-waste. We've already starting to see laptops with LPDDR memory, which means you can't upgrade the ram either.

They don't care about what I think, but they do care what the EU thinks. The top things on my list that I hate about iPhones are now being forcefully corrected by the EU. What that means is that I'm not the only one thinking about these things. The reason the EU had to force this is because other manufacturers besides Apple started to do it. If only the EU can force laptop manufacturers to have removable SSD's, because eventually those Apple Macbooks with soldered SSD's will fail and become e-waste. We've already starting to see laptops with LPDDR memory, which means you can't upgrade the ram either.
Again. Nothing to do with Apple.

Though all that regulation does is stifle innovation. Companies could have used “replaceable batteries” as a competitive advantage. It was foolish that they didn’t. Now there will be no difference.

Though the EU regulation is actually quite vague. So vague in fact that Apples current design may technically qualify as being replaceable. Though obviously lack of USB-C does not.

Again however, these companies are the ones that can’t make good decisions and do not understand their own market. And do not understand their own brand identity and therefore strategy.

Also all electronics eventually become e-waste. That is literally inevitable. People aren’t using computers from the 80s for anything other than historical purposes. And certainly every Tandy a consumer bought is in the junkyard. The same goes for every cellphone made in the 90s and 00s.

Apples last more than long enough for their useful life. You just simply disagree with the line in the sand as they have drawn it, but make no mistake it’s there at some point or another.

Last edited:
Though all that regulation does is stifle innovation. Companies could have used “replaceable batteries” as a competitive advantage. It was foolish that they didn’t. Now there will be no difference.
Nobody thinks about a batteries life span when they buy a phone. Most people don't know batteries have a finite life. It's like a car battery, in that you don't care until things go wrong. Hence why it's not a competitive advantage to have a removable battery. By the way, iPhones do tell you the % life left of your battery.
Though the EU regulation is actually quite vague. So vague in fact that Apples current design may technically qualify as being replaceable. Though obviously lack of USB-C does not.
Really doubt it. I'm sure Apple would try, but the EU is known to quickly catch onto Apple's bullshit. They did something similar with the usb-c cable, and the EU quickly shot them down.
Also all electronics eventually become e-waste. That is literally inevitable. People aren’t using computers from the 80s for anything other than historical purposes. And certainly every Tandy a consumer bought is in the junkyard. The same goes for every cellphone made in the 90s and 00s.
I think you're taking the word eventually and running with it. Who here hasn't had an SSD fail on them? I certainly have, as well as Apple Macbook users. The only difference is that I can quickly and cheaply replace the SSD. Apple Macbook user has a paperweight. When Apple SSD's fail, they tend to take out other components because they short.

Apples last more than long enough for their useful life. You just simply disagree with the line in the sand as they have drawn it, but make no mistake it’s there at some point or another.
Apple lasts so long that they had to hide it with software updates that would slow down devices to maintain similar battery life. It's not just Apple, but Android manufacturers did it too. If you think that battery replacement isn't a issue then you certainly don't need to worry about the transmission fluid in your car. Manufacturer says lifetime fluid. Except that lifetime for auto manufacturers is around 100,000 miles. Just like it's always cheaper to change the transmission fluid than to change the transmission, it's also cheaper to change the battery than to change the phone.

Nobody thinks about a batteries life span when they buy a phone. Most people don't know batteries have a finite life. It's like a car battery, in that you don't care until things go wrong. Hence why it's not a competitive advantage to have a removable battery. By the way, iPhones do tell you the % life left of your battery.

Really doubt it. I'm sure Apple would try, but the EU is known to quickly catch onto Apple's bullshit. They did something similar with the usb-c cable, and the EU quickly shot them down.

I think you're taking the word eventually and running with it. Who here hasn't had an SSD fail on them? I certainly have, as well as Apple Macbook users. The only difference is that I can quickly and cheaply replace the SSD. Apple Macbook user has a paperweight. When Apple SSD's fail, they tend to take out other components because they short.

Apple lasts so long that they had to hide it with software updates that would slow down devices to maintain similar battery life. It's not just Apple, but Android manufacturers did it too. If you think that battery replacement isn't a issue then you certainly don't need to worry about the transmission fluid in your car. Manufacturer says lifetime fluid. Except that lifetime for auto manufacturers is around 100,000 miles. Just like it's always cheaper to change the transmission fluid than to change the transmission, it's also cheaper to change the battery than to change the phone.

One point to consider: you're conflating your own preferences with those of others.

For example, your sentence regarding "if you think battery replacement isn't an issue then you certainly don't ned to worry about the transmission fluid in your car." I am an avid car guy and have swapped engines, pulled transmissions, etc. I don't worry about the transmission fluid in my car in the slightest. Why? Not because I don't understand that the lifetime fill is bullshit and that it needs to eventually be changed - I totally understand that. I don't worry about it because I don't own my vehicles long enough to care. In my entire life, the most miles I have ever put on a car was 57k. By the time the transmission needs to be flushed and refilled it'll be some other guys problem and I'll have enjoyed the prime performance period of a brand new transmission with zero upkeep required.

Further, If you're looking at something like a complicated DCT transmission, changing fluid in those tends to be a pain in the ass relative to something like the old ZF 6 speeds (also supposedly "lifetime"). The fluid for a BMW or Porsche dual clutch is $600+, the fill procedure requires computerized tools to bring it up to proper temp, etc. It's objectively a worse experience to change the fluid in something like that vs. a normal old school transmission.

Guess what? Don't care. Even if I did have to fill it, I'd take a one time inconvenience and better performance/experience while using it.

Likewise, I think one reason you can't understand why nobody besides you cares about removable DDR, batteries, etc, is because most people upgrade more frequently than you do so it isn't an issue for them. I don't know many people running old Pixel 4s or iPhone 11s. Personally, I upgrade to every other new iPhone (2 year cycle) and was doing every single new Macbook until I got a loaded 14 M1 Max and haven't felt the need to go to M2. But I'll grab the M3 one just for fun and a performance bump.

As such, the utility provided to me by thinness, increased speed, better battery life, or any of the other benefits are much more important to me than some theoretical upgrade or repair scenario I will most likely never experience. I don't care if my battery is worn out after 3 years; I'll have upgraded to a whole new rig by then. And during the period in which I actually owned the device, the lack of those "features" made it an objectively better device for my preferences.

Last edited:
One point to consider: you're conflating your own preferences with those of others.

For example, your sentence regarding "if you think battery replacement isn't an issue then you certainly don't ned to worry about the transmission fluid in your car." I am an avid car guy and have swapped engines, pulled transmissions, etc. I don't worry about the transmission fluid in my car in the slightest. Why? Not because I don't understand that the lifetime fill is bullshit and that it needs to eventually be changed - I totally understand that. I don't worry about it because I don't own my vehicles long enough to care. In my entire life, the most miles I have ever put on a car was 57k. By the time the transmission needs to be flushed and refilled it'll be some other guys problem and I'll have enjoyed the prime performance period of a brand new transmission with zero upkeep required.
I'm probably that guy who buys said cars. Also you're statement is conflicting when you say you're a car guy who "have swapped engines, pulled transmissions, etc" but then you've said that you at most put 57k. There is something horribly wrong with your choice of cars if you're changing engines and transmissions with less than 57k.
Further, If you're looking at something like a complicated DCT transmission, changing fluid in those tends to be a pain in the ass relative to something like the old ZF 6 speeds (also supposedly "lifetime"). The fluid for a BMW or Porsche dual clutch is $600+, the fill procedure requires computerized tools to bring it up to proper temp, etc. It's objectively a worse experience to change the fluid in something like that vs. a normal old school transmission.
I think you're proving my point. If it's harder by design then it shouldn't be designed that way. Also the rennlist forum guys hate me for all the things I do to avoid paying a fortune to fix my Porsche, because ultimately it's made out of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagon/Audi parts which turns out to be cheaper than buying the part directly from Porsche. Also a lot of those car forums are filled with people who try to promote their website for you to buy their parts. So when I upload 3D designs to parts I 3D print, or links to parts that are half the price or less, they aren't happy about it.
Guess what? Don't care. Even if I did have to fill it, I'd take a one time inconvenience and better performance/experience while using it.
If you think the repairability of a car has no direct effect on you, then go ahead and try to sell a BMW or Mercedes on the used market because you will be sorely disappointment from the value is has lost. The exception maybe sports cars since they tend to hold value better. An old Lexus or Toyota will have double the price of a comparable BMW or Mercedes just due to repair costs.
Likewise, I think one reason you can't understand why nobody besides you cares about removable DDR, batteries, etc, is because most people upgrade more frequently than you do so it isn't an issue for them.
If they start passing laws then you know I'm not the only one who cares. The only reason Apple isn't comparing their performance to that of an Intel is because of laws. Apple's 6x claim is against themselves, which they won't sue themselves. If they said they were 6x faster than Intel, you'd bet they'd be in court. I do think they will at some point. Speaking of cars, Chevy did something like that with an ad and Toyota told them to stop or else. They stopped.
I don't know many people running old Pixel 4s or iPhone 11s.
Half of my family is running around with iPhone 11's, mainly because they were cheap. You can pick those up used for $200. My nephew is using iPhone Max XS Max because it was cheaper. Nobody I know had a Pixel phone but they do use Samsung phones and Huawei.
Personally, I upgrade to every other new iPhone (2 year cycle) and was doing every single new Macbook until I got a loaded 14 M1 Max and haven't felt the need to go to M2. But I'll grab the M3 one just for fun and a performance bump.
Power to you and your credit card debt.
As such, the utility provided to me by thinness, increased speed, better battery life, or any of the other benefits are much more important to me than some theoretical upgrade or repair scenario I will most likely never experience. I don't care if my battery is worn out after 3 years; I'll have upgraded to a whole new rig by then. And during the period in which I actually owned the device, the lack of those "features" made it an objectively better device for my preferences.
It's funny that you presume my statement to be unique but here you are claiming you buy new hardware every 3 years like it was your birth right. That's not the situation for most people.

Buddy. Its inconceivable that anyone could possibly want other things in a device than you. Cool. We get it.

I'm probably that guy who buys said cars. Also you're statement is conflicting when you say you're a car guy who "have swapped engines, pulled transmissions, etc" but then you've said that you at most put 57k. There is something horribly wrong with your choice of cars if you're changing engines and transmissions with less than 57k.

Lol, did you know that some people do this for fun? Ever hear of a LS swap?

I think you're proving my point. If it's harder by design then it shouldn't be designed that way. Also the rennlist forum guys hate me for all the things I do to avoid paying a fortune to fix my Porsche, because ultimately it's made out of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagon/Audi parts which turns out to be cheaper than buying the part directly from Porsche. Also a lot of those car forums are filled with people who try to promote their website for you to buy their parts. So when I upload 3D designs to parts I 3D print, or links to parts that are half the price or less, they aren't happy about it.

I agree that complexity shouldn't be designed into products for no reason - that's stupid. But there is a difference between that and complexity being added for a tradeoff, like higher performance.

Your example of 3d printing a part is cute (and for low-complexity parts, of course you can just find the OEM or DIY a solution). But your analogy completely fails when you look at something like the PDK-S in the GT3 cars. Sorry, you aren't fixing that one at home. And the complexity wasn't added just for the hell of it. The complexity is there because Porsche deemed it necessary to deliver the performance required. And thank God they did - the experience of cracking off three impossibly fast downshifts under full braking on the back straight at Mid Ohio is one that every car guy should have.

Yes, I already know what you're going to say. Modern tech sucks and you wouldn't be caught dead driving a PDK-S transmission because real car guys would only drive a manual. And that no modern Porsche can compare to a vintage one. I'll also go out on a limb here and say you own a 944 but don't bring that up often because you'd rather have people think you own a 993 when you say you own an older Porsche.

If you think the repairability of a car has no direct effect on you, then go ahead and try to sell a BMW or Mercedes on the used market because you will be sorely disappointment from the value is has lost. The exception maybe sports cars since they tend to hold value better. An old Lexus or Toyota will have double the price of a comparable BMW or Mercedes just due to repair costs.

I only buy sports cars besides my Tesla daily, so I wouldn't even be looking at most Toyotas or Lexuses. The value of BMW M cars has been rising; sadly I sold my last M2 way too early and they have appreciated about $15k since I got rid of mine.

Half of my family is running around with iPhone 11's, mainly because they were cheap. You can pick those up used for $200. My nephew is using iPhone Max XS Max because it was cheaper. Nobody I know had a Pixel phone but they do use Samsung phones and Huawei.

This confirms my point - you spend less money on technology than most people, and thus you are upset that the market is not catering towards your minority preferences.

Power to you and your credit card debt.

I'm sorry you seem to take my spending habits personally. It must be frustrating seeing so many people here have the disposable income to fulfill their tech hobby.

It's funny that you presume my statement to be unique but here you are claiming you buy new hardware every 3 years like it was your birth right. That's not the situation for most people.

Actually, it's quite literally the case for most people. The average smartphone replacement cycle has been 2.5 years for many previous years, before spiking to 3.5 during the pandemic. It is forecasted to come back down again.

As for laptops, this is a bit longer but the average enterprise replacement cycle is 3 years.

If this was not the case for most people, the market would not have adapted for our preferences. But it did.

Samsung may have some devices with SD Card slot, but that list is shrinking.

SD card slots? The hell are you guys putting on your phones that consume 128-256gb+ of space? And your deciding factor on saying "meh" to Samsung is sdcard slots? If Samsung sold a phone with Vanilla Android for a decent price then I would possibly get another one, but otherwise, they follow Apples playbook to the letter trying to get you into their ecosystem (trash Samsung bloat) while charging 50% more for it. Ill take a Pixel or OnePlus phone all day every day.

Buddy. Its inconceivable that anyone could possibly want other things in a device than you. Cool. We get it.
I don't think you do get it.

View: https://youtu.be/aypukOqFFE8
Lol, did you know that some people do this for fun? Ever hear of a LS swap?
You ain't LS swapping nothing if you expect me to believe that car is only driven for 57K new. Go ahead and LS swap a 2019 Mercedes or Nissan Altima, because that car has lost a lot of value. That's like putting in an Intel based laptop motherboard into a 2020 Macbook and then selling it online. Ain't nobody gonna touch that hot mess.
Your example of 3d printing a part is cute (and for low-complexity parts, of course you can just find the OEM or DIY a solution). But your analogy completely fails when you look at something like the PDK-S in the GT3 cars. Sorry, you aren't fixing that one at home.
Haven't found a car I couldn't fix. I've done things to cars that are beyond anyone here.
And the complexity wasn't added just for the hell of it. The complexity is there because Porsche deemed it necessary to deliver the performance required. And thank God they did - the experience of cracking off three impossibly fast downshifts under full braking on the back straight at Mid Ohio is one that every car guy should have.
When you've worked on enough cars, just like computers, you start to say the phrase "why did they do that". Why did they use plastic in the engine bay when they should have used aluminum? Why did the valve seals fail before 100k miles? Why did Apple remove the headphone jack? Why did Apple never put an SD card slot?
944d58c7faa84ee589b57ac2bf2fa595.gif

Yes, I already know what you're going to say. Modern tech sucks and you wouldn't be caught dead driving a PDK-S transmission because real car guys would only drive a manual. And that no modern Porsche can compare to a vintage one. I'll also go out on a limb here and say you own a 944 but don't bring that up often because you'd rather have people think you own a 993 when you say you own an older Porsche.
85 Porsche 928 and 02 Corvette. Both cars have been rebuilt with the Vette having been cam'd, headers, new transmission and high stall torque convert plus tuned. All done by me. The Porsche hasn't had much done in performance and desperately needs it. They weren't known to be fast cars even though mine makes 350HP crank, due to new 4 hole style injectors, new chip that I just bought, and doubling the fuel pressure as required by the chip. The Porsche sat for 15 years half way berried due to a classic Porsche mechanic putting in the wrong type relay for the transmission kick down. All automatics because Murica.
This confirms my point - you spend less money on technology than most people, and thus you are upset that the market is not catering towards your minority preferences.
Most people don't buy new hardware all the time. Steam's Hardware Survey shows that most people use even older hardware.
Actually, it's quite literally the case for most people. The average smartphone replacement cycle has been 2.5 years for many previous years, before spiking to 3.5 during the pandemic. It is forecasted to come back down again.
Guess why? The articles analogy with cars isn't lost.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/09/technology/personaltech/smartphone-repair.html
"The most common reason given for replacing a phone was a loss in performance, such as slower software or a degraded battery. Only 30 percent of those who said they had a partly malfunctioning phone (like a battery that depletes quickly) said they had considered repairing it."

My latest phone is the greatest phone I’ve ever had. Making text walls has done zero to change my option on that subject. And I dare say it won’t for anyone else that holds a similar position. I’m sure paradoxical has also changed zero about his position.

But thanks for wasting everyone’s time with things I’ve already explained to you about your position multiple that no one cares about, while also not acknowledging that the population doesn’t use devices like you do or for the service length you do.

My latest phone is the greatest phone I’ve ever had. Making text walls has done zero to change my option on that subject. And I dare say it won’t for anyone else that holds a similar position. I’m sure paradoxical has also changed zero about his position.

But thanks for wasting everyone’s time with things I’ve already explained to you about your position multiple that no one cares about, while also not acknowledging that the population doesn’t use devices like you do or for the service length you do.
I mean, you could have watched the video. "Apple’s sales fall for the third consecutive quarter" as reported by CNN. Apple's Mac revenue was $6.8 billion for the quarter, a 7% drop. I wonder why Apple lied about their 6x performance compared to the M1 Mac Studio? I wonder why people aren't buying more Apple stuff? We know that going from a M1 Macbook to a M2 Macbook with 256GB of storage is a massive performance loss. It's almost like their products are getting worse. Again, you think I'm alone on my perspective on Apple.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/03/tech/apple-earnings-third-quarter/index.html

"Apple’s sales fall for the third consecutive quarter"
You meant third consecutive year-over-year drop in quarterly revenue ?

When you look at the jump they needed to sustain for that not happen

Q2 2023: 81.80B
Q2 2022: 82.96B
Q2 2021: 81.43B
Q2 2020: 59.68B
Q2 2019: 53.81B

That pandemic jump was quite extreme. As we stop for new market to happen regarding phone and when innovation curve slow like it did for personal computer, a 4 years old phone stopped to be old in any way now while in 2010 it was a bit ancient for a phone to be 4 years old, it should slow down quite a bit.

Last edited:
I mean, you could have watched the video. "Apple’s sales fall for the third consecutive quarter" as reported by CNN. Apple's Mac revenue was $6.8 billion for the quarter, a 7% drop. I wonder why Apple lied about their 6x performance compared to the M1 Mac Studio? I wonder why people aren't buying more Apple stuff? We know that going from a M1 Macbook to a M2 Macbook with 256GB of storage is a massive performance loss. It's almost like their products are getting worse. Again, you think I'm alone on my perspective on Apple.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/03/tech/apple-earnings-third-quarter/index.html
There are tons of Apple haters. You’re not unique or special. In fact that’s the majority position of people on these boards.

I can spend 5 seconds on Facebook looking at a post from Android authority and scroll through thousands of comments a day about Apple hate. You’re not bringing anything interesting to the table.

They took my flip phone away. Now I have to ignore tonnes of "features" in a phone that's kind of shit as a phone.
Did they or you choose to not buy an simple unlocked flip phone like this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nokia-2780-flip-phone-unlocked-blue/6526283.p?skuId=6526283

That a fancy expensive one but it is a new 2023 model with weeks of battery life, wifi support, 4G and social apps.

Because you want not all but some of the fancy features ? I know nothing about any of this, did those phone stopped to work in your region because you need some digital sim now or signal that those flip phone will not accept ?

In my region I feel flipphone never stopped to be an option and not just the buying unlocked one online, but plan provider has well.

Did they or you choose to not buy an simple unlocked flip phone like this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nokia-2780-flip-phone-unlocked-blue/6526283.p?skuId=6526283

That a fancy expensive one but it is a new 2023 model with weeks of battery life, wifi support, 4G and social apps.

Because you want not all but some of the fancy features ? I know nothing about any of this, did those phone stopped to work in your region because you need some digital sim now or signal that those flip phone will not accept ?

In my region I feel flipphone never stopped to be an option and not just the buying unlocked one online, but plan provider has well.

The band my old Samsung flip used went dark. I still have the phone.

Phlappy the Phone is my bestest old friend.

To be fair, Samsung did bring back the flip phone with the Galaxy Z Flip5. It's cool, but not $1000 cool, especially with no SD card slot and locked boot loader.
I got a mid-range Samsung phone to replace Phlappy, it couldn't stand up to the rigours of being owned by contractor that also happens to moonlight as a village idiot. My wife grabbed me an iphone after that, it was better, but it's in a poured foundation on the shores of Paint Lake. So now I have an iPhone mini, it's not a trillion kg in my pocket (which is nice) but it's still not a great phone, you know?

Back