Links open a blank tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Objekt

Limp Gawd
I'm having a weird problem where most of the time, when I try to open a link someone posts (e.g. to a product's page at Newegg) I get a blank tab.

Often, this blank tab has a lot of odd garbage in the URL. Here's a recent example.

The original link looked like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126194

But in the address bar of the blank tab, there's lots of extra stuff:
www.tkqlhce.com/click-3891137-10440...com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126194

If I right-click the link in question and select "Copy link location," open a tab manually, paste the link into the address bar & hit enter, the page they were trying to link to opens normally.

What's that all about?

FWIW, I already did "The Drill" and the problem persists.

I don't know if this is new at [H] or not, but there are redirects embedded in the links now, and some browsers/security add-ons just won't allow that.

If you do any hosts file blocking using hostsman, I know that www.tkqlhce.com is blocked in either the mvps hosts list, the hphosts list, or both.

It's probably something like that. Guess I'll have to contact my network administrator.

Meanwhile, I can at least right-click and "copy link location" to the address bar in a new tab.

We have been doing this for years, nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back