Leaked FTC documents hint at 2028 Xbox with zen 6 & RDNA 5

I do not imagine DX has still any marketing value, it became seen has a normality to have some 3D API going on, we will have been on DX12 for a decade next year summer, DirectX box is a bit meaningless now, being from Microsoft was never a big plus (for dev, bestbuy and publisher a giant one, but for the buyer).

Xbox brand is all on its own (with the IP associated with it), unlike Nintendo where the Nintendo part in the name used is bigger than the console name.

They have to keep Xbox in it or it would be almost starting fresh.

They have to keep Xbox in it or it would be almost starting fresh.

With the way the last couple of Xbox generations have gone - that might be the way to go.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to buy out Sega and use the Sega branding for their future hardware. Xbox has always had a hard time appealing to the Japanese consumer, but I bet a 'Sega Winbox' with a slew of Sega IP and Atlus RPGs would be a hot commodity in Japan. You could even keep the Xbox branding for the Western markets.

This sound almost impossible.

Xbox Series X 2 sound a bit stupid and anything that follow the Xbox Series X that is not Xbox Series X 2 will be like always confusing.

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One, One S and One X

Xbox Series X and Series S

What could the next generation name be that would not be stupid ?
The generation scheme being historically nothing->360->One->Series

They could try to do a Nintendo and this name pick a name good enough that people use it instead of having the word Xbox in it, not sure if they have world brand power enough for that and would be such a departure.

I have a good idea that may help with confusion. Microsoft can call the next Xbox the "Xbox 5". When they come out with an updated version, they can call it "Xbox 5 Pro". If they come out with a cheaper budget friendly version they can call it "Xbox 5 E". For the next generation of consoles they can call it the "Xbox 6".

Feel free to hire me for $200,000 a year to help you with naming things Microsoft. ;)

Well if we say that something called Xbox 5 when there never was a Xbox 4 is not stupid and not confusin, is the Xbox 5 released before or after the XboxX (or the PlayStation 6....), which one is better... impossible to know.

They could hit the pill to start correctly from there at least I agree.

Back