L4D2 Releases Tonight @ 09:00pm

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
Hooray!

Hopefully by tonight they don't mean 2 weeks from today.

I'm excited! I've got it pre-loaded and ready to go...but I'm not holding my breath for the 9pm release to be met.

Wait for it...

Going to hop on MW2 until L4D2 is released. Too much goodness and not enough time.

Shouldn't it be out anyway. Retail is out tomorrow, so I do not see the point in delaying the online copy for 8 hours...

Those fuckers.... miss another deadline. And why don't they just do a synchronized release ffs!

i got nothing. the icon changed but still says 'unreleased' on my games list.

I'm not interested in this one. I played the demo and found it almost as lacking as I found the first game to be. No thanks. I'll skip this one.

I don't understand what is so god damn hard about releasing a game on time, Seriously...

They also need to get better/more servers for their forums, Jesus christ, a little TF2 update or something comes out and they are slow as death, a game gets released they are dead

The store page updated to released status, hopefully it's just cycling the decrypt out.

Of course the steam forums are timing out, but it's not like you can get good news there anyway. There are probably 50 threads already asking where the game is. :p

wasn't the original release date the 17th anyway? they tried to get it out early and they're having a bit of a delay....no biggie. i'll be killing zombies soon enough :D

Non-valve games always release on time don't they? Like OFPDR or mw2

There was an issue with Crysis Warhead last year taking forever to release. I remember after a few hours people on the forum started talking about legal action against steam. That's about the time I stopped going to the steam forums...

wasn't the original release date the 17th anyway? they tried to get it out early and they're having a bit of a delay....no biggie. i'll be killing zombies soon enough :D

It was 17th in specific timezones, they already stated on the blog the actual release dates/times depending on your location.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3115

When L4D2 will go live:

* Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
* Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
* Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time

I've learned, like most people, that you can't count on Valve to release anything when they say they will. I'd wager it wont be released until sometime late tomorrow.

have you guys tried restarting steam?

I restarted it and now its saying pre-loading 99% instead of "preloaded - unreleased" and is now downloading more files for the game (although very slowly lol)

GAh, this game is awesome. File | Check for updates.....File | Check for updates......repeat. Who knew you could have this much fun with a mouse. :p

I forgot to pre-load. :(
Good thing it only takes 30 minutes.

Back