Indie Game Comes Through

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While sitting down and subjecting yourself to a logistics nightmare in the forests of Russia might not seem like a tremendously great idea for personal quality time, apparently there are about 100,000 folks that would disagree, me being one of those. The new indie game Spintires is racking up sales at a good rate. And with 4 player multi-player it can be fun for the whole family or you and your buddies.

One of my friends have been begging me to buy this, but to me there doesn't seem to be enough gameplay to justify a 25€ price tag.

I guess I didn't know that much about it because I was hoping it was going to go on sale during the Steam Summer sale. When it never did I never thought much about it. I didn't know it was a Kickstarter program so that probably explains why it might not have gone below $30. It is in my wishlist for now. Why does this game look so fun?!

I've played it a few times. The most I've managed is to pick up some lumber and deliver it. Twice. Never managed to get back to my garage or pick up a second load. I enjoy playing it but it isn't something I'm going to dedicate a whole lot of time to. I do, though, occasionally load it up and just go driving through the trees and find new ways to get stuck. I personally find it to be one of those once in a while romps, not a game I'll dedicate any time to consistently.

No in-truck view? Deal breaker for me or I'd have given it a shot...

I'm not sure what it is about this stupid game that makes it so incredibly fun.
I played a ton of it this weekend with these 3 dudes from the UK.
By the end of our time together, we were a Russian truck driving team.
Everybody pitched in whenever somebody got stuck. It may not seem like much at first, but it's incredibly deep and challenging.

buy it! best game i bought in the last 6 months

64CE71F03DC9B31251FDDA9A72E2A06520520E74

39FC25823FFBC55C59187FEA71C9AFFC91B0B9DF

also with shitloads of mod incoming , this game will have an endless replay value

I haven't picked up the full game yet, but I really really like the demo. Some of the mods for it are pretty cool. I have a few american trucks installed on the demo (Dodge Ram, Ford F350, and Chevy 4500). I have fun just digging through the mud and doing general 4 wheeling crap. It's fun to pull trailers around different tracks through rivers/mud and stuff.

I think the mod community will make this game great in the end.

No in-truck view? Deal breaker for me or I'd have given it a shot...

Exactly.

I don't like driving/racing games where the view is equivalent of rolling matchbox cars across the kitchen floor. You have about as much control.
This is what RUINED Rage for me.
I'm no good at driving without a in car view. I couldn't believe this was left out of RAGE in favor of a pizza parlor arcade driving segment in a AAA title FPS game. :mad:

This is all I have played alongside Civ V in the past month. It is worth every penny.

Not about to give up World of Tanks time for truck driving time. Now if you put a 122mm Smooth Bore on that truck we might be in business.

buy it! best game i bought in the last 6 months

*PICTURES*

LOL you drove not more than 1500 feet to get stuck in the water and hydrolock your engine.
I've done that before. We were playing the other day and I was like "oh yeah this thing has a snorkel..." halfway across the Russian countryside while exploring. Engine died. Engine broken. Had to leave my logger truck to fend for itself. Took me over 20 minutes to get back to him. By that time, he flipped his rig by trying to backup causing his trailer to jackknife and roll his vehicle. /me = fail.

Back