If money grew on trees, what would your case look like?

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
If money grew on trees, what would your case look like? Answer the question seriously and the more detail the better.

How about you be a little more descriptive and actually give us an idea how'd you build it out of paper dollars (or coins?).....

Mine would look exactly like the one I have now (LL pc-7) but with about $3k of shit stuffed in it.

:D

Edit: OK OK OK. A real answer:

I would call up whoever it is I have to call to get myself a couple sheets of that Aerogel shit.. you know, it's like 99.9% air, blue-ish clear stuff that looks so nifty. I'd make an entire case out of that, then probably throw in a nice water loop or something.

It would greatly resemble a Cray XMP, with a fly-weight refridgeration unit in the base chilling Fluorinert (you did say tree-money) to cool everything in the central chamber, with drives around the base. Both clear-transparent and blue-translucent material would be used in the case structure.

My father does industrial scale electrical and refridgeration for a living, and thought a phasechange unit of any sort would be horrible overkill, used on a home computer. He thought perhaps some passive phasechange loop, with a one-way valve in it. Water cooling to him seemed entirely un-practical.

this is a nice thread :p

i'd call up nvidia and ati ... and say they should fuse just for me to create like a unique incredeble vid card and it should only be made once (just for me) quatro offcourse

than i'd call lian, and some more so they should fuse to create a unique case for me

i'd stuff like 4 x dual channel 2x 2048 ram in it and one biiiiig mofo mobo

also some fans... that cover the whole side of my pc

some things like that :p

biggest black aluminum full tower i could find, with a small-medium uv orange window.

inside:
corsair 620 watt PSU
2 seagate barracuda 750 gb, and one raptor 150
2 plextor dvd writers
intel core 2 duo x6800 on a gigabyte ds3
nvidia 7950gx2
xfi fatal1ty soundcard
4 gigs ddr21066 RAM
windows xp professional
complete watercooling setup, uv green dye in the fluid

case? more like cases!

I have so many ideas and so little money/materials/ tools. Most of the expensive stuff would probably go to the internals on these rigs though, and probably the pruchase of propper painting supplies and an actual booth. Rattle cans on the backyard porch...on windy days.... noooot to efficient.

What I have now. But with a core duo 2 quadro, 4 gig ram and 2 x1950xtx's instead of 1.

An X-wing. An X-wing or a Star Destroyer

Remember that Star Wars exhibit that was touring a couple years ago? I saw it when it was the Field Museum in Chicago. They had large-scale models of both an X-wing and an ISD, among other things.

Make a case out of one of those... Damn that would kick ass!

Qtip42 said:
Answer the question seriously

If money grew on trees it wouldnt be money, it would be 'that stuff on trees' and nearly worthless. We would be using something else for money, so likely my case would look exactly the same, I simply would have paid for it with x whatever instead of dollar bills.

:D

Hmm

I would definitely have a few different set-ups if I had me a money tree, but this one is the first to spring to mind.

Mac Pro - completely maxed out spec-wise, and instead of grey and silver anodized& brushed, it would be black. The same Apple treatment, everything the same color black, with a black anodized & brushed exterior. With some matching 30 inch cinema displays to go with it. Throw in a black version of the apple keyboard and some other tasty peripherals and yuuuuuuuummy.

What can I say, I'm an iCandy whore lol.

A longer, taller p180 with more space inside for 8 hard drives instead of 6.

An SFF designed exclusively for watercooling. It would have space to easily fit a 2x120mm radiator while not being much larger (if at all) than a MicroFly or Qpack. Everything from GPU and CPU to NB and MOSFETS would be watercooled so the only airflow needed is a little for the HDDs.

Erasmus354 said:
An SFF designed exclusively for watercooling. It would have space to easily fit a 2x120mm radiator while not being much larger (if at all) than a MicroFly or Qpack. Everything from GPU and CPU to NB and MOSFETS would be watercooled so the only airflow needed is a little for the HDDs.
With homo 1/4" ID tubing cause of space limitations.

I'd contact G69T (maker of the "Dark Blade" mod) and have him custom CNC something wild for me. Something with windows that can turn opaque with a flip of a switch. Perhaps with some motorized panels to get to the internals. Push a button near a HDD and the HDD would slide out on its own. Of course, it would have wheels that would pop out from the bottom for easy transportation to lan partys. :)

same as i does now, leafs would be our main currency so i still wouldnt be able to afford anytihng

Probably something like this, but water cooled.

Oceans12ServerCase.jpg

Ocean's 12.. dual titanium redundant something or other.. lol.

Actually yea, if I had a lot of money to spend on a case, I'd hire the person who makes all these sweet looking computers for movies. They're uber-pro I guess.

Mine would look exactly like a Silverstone TJ-07, with all the same features. It might even be one, if I was lucky :D. Maybe a high-gloss finish with a lovely subtle floral/vine detailing etched or painted in a corner or two - forgive the lack of dedication, but I only started thinking about it when I read the thread title..

Mine would have a self contained cooling unit that would instantly adjust itself accordingly to maintain 1 degrees above condensation no matter what the humidity of the room or temp/load of the CPU was. It would also be built on a mars rover type platform that could remotely walk itself out to the car and get in . Stairs and all. :D Maybe it could have a beer chiller as well. ;)

You ask a lot of hypothetical questions these days Qtip.... :p

I would probably buy a couple machining tools, like some mills lathes and some CNC machines, and design and build a custom case that is very slim and has two built in wide screen LCD screens that fold out and have it all the size of a brief case.

Mine would look like this. Except that part would be out of sight. With one machine's KVM/audio/USB/etc cables going through a soundproof wall to a workstation with all the HID stuff.

The greatest joy of doing anything probably comes from the fact that people were satisfied with what they managed to do with the limited resources they had. Think about it.

Having said that, I'd like to have a watercooling loop comprised of old Swiftech stuff (MCW6002, MCP600, MCR-120-QP, MCW20, MCW55...) in a hand-made aluminum case. HAND-MADE, NOT CNC-MILLED. There's just something about having a computer do almost everything for you, and putting your blood and sweat into fabricating every little thing by hand.

i'd take the best case parts about an antec p180, pair em up with the best of a lian-li. then call up "thisisglen" and have him wire me up a case stocked full of all the best goodies that money could buy!

Definitely a large case, about 6ft tall by 6" thick, resessed into my wall, made of 1" bulletproof glass and filled with 3 different C2D systems, all talking together with about 4 bridged ethernet connections... Maybe some infiniband action.

Coolant would definitely be some mineral oil, circulated through about 4 different radiators, big ones, all outside my house. On top of each processor would be a scythe infinity,

In addition, there would be a closet above the case, which would be an access panel to the case. About 4 or 5 servo motors would raise the motherboards out of the oil...

Ambient lighting based upon system load and temperature... Touch sensitive glass panels on the outisde of the glass enclosure for a secondary keyboard, and power/restart buttons.

mmmmmmmmm I cant wait to be REALLY rich.

Destos said:
You ask a lot of hypothetical questions these days Qtip.... :p

I don't have many case mod questions that I can't answer on my own so I end up thinking of things beyond the realm I'm in :D

NickS said:
With homo 1/4" ID tubing cause of space limitations.

I refuse to ever use 1/4" tubing in a loop. I dont see the point in needlessly gimping your performance by using dinky tubing. The lowest I will ever go in a watercooling loop is 3/8"

Case made out of pure diamond. Motherboard tray of pure titanium. Platinum thumbscrews.

And I'd get it blessed by the Pope :D

I'd want an HTPC case that looks like it would fit in a home entertainment rack, while sacraficing none of the power or cooling, or quiet that I build into desktops I use.

And have it look awesome. All the current HTPC cases I've seen are either (1) too small, (2) too fugly by far for what I have in mind.

Then again, I might go with the way somebody(forgot who, sorry whomever built Galaxy/etc) and build a massive server with terabytes of storage, and then a number of low profile frontends with gigabit lan and small sexy, cool, QUIET cases. Combine them with a reciever at each point and build a full on home entertainment setup. 5ish boxes, including one in a Home Theatre type format with movie seats/etc.

Then build a powerful, cool, and quiet system in a box like a P180(but not a 180) ZERO flash, sleek, clean, black, and quiet. No need for lights, or any of that crap, just pure computing power. Combine that with a couple 30" Cinema displays and not skimping on the hardware.

My case would basically look like a tall version of a Mountain Mods case. I would fuse two Lian Li G70s, place three large windows, paint in lime green with a mix of red, and alot of UV water colling . :p :D

Thinking about it more, I am going to change my pervious reply...

If money was not an factor, then I would build a computer that I could live in. My case would my house and by that I mean that my entire home would be so integrated that my "pc" would extend far beyond any single chassis. Lights/Music would slowly dim in and out as you move from room to room, every entrance could be monitored from any room or phone or website, you could check your email or play Oblivion while taking a bath, cooking, or working out. The list goes on and on but you get the drift. ;)

someone NEEDS to invent a waterproof keyboard and mouse with enough usability for me to play oblivion in the bath (PS I take manly showers, not pussy baths, but if I had enough money to have a bathroom-gaming rig, I think I could shift my ways :D). Condensation problems anyone :).

Although I DO know of some friends who mounted an LCD and an N64 in the bathroom...

my cace would be kinda like a mountain mods case but different. the case would be a perfect cube but divided into 2 halves a top and botton half. the top top half would house the mobo, ram, cpu, video card what not, and the bottom layer would have the hard drives, powersupply, watercooling pump and rad. the case would be made out of black and blue aluminum and that one way mirror stuff that was on that one demo case for a video card manufacturer(dont remember who) prolly throw in some blue leds and some UV paint

comp.jpg

as was said erlier i would bay thisisglen the big bucks to wire it all up fancy and cool

Back