HP Computers Are Racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy guys guys, settle down now. This is not a fluke, everyone knows that black people cannot afford a state-of-the-art HP computer. :rolleyes:

This was a joke, for those of you that take things waaaay to seriously

Hey guys, take a chill pill and get off your high horses. Yes, it is an issue that was obviously tested as the person that posted in this thread that used to work at HP.

Have a laugh, and if you can't, then go to another forum.

Is there a purpose to having facial detection on these systems?
Why not just use motion detection instead to track an object, like the people.
More than oft the background will be stationary.

Dude
You are the best
no anger
just bein Human
Merry Christmas to and yours
and may you get a life time supply of Happiness!

My understanding was that all facial recognition software has *huge* issues in identifying faces when they lack in sufficient contrast. It just so happens that black cheekbones (whether from melatonin or from matte coloring/makeup/paint) hide from the camera.

Umm, any one notice that everything is backwards in the video like pointing the camera at a mirror?

He's trying to show you how the camera doesn't track his face, so he hit the record button on the software (webcam software usually has a record button) so you're seeing exactly what the webcam is seeing. He isn't recording himself with a handheld camera that corrects for what people 'expect' to see.

Jejeje... Sounds like an episode out of "Better of Ted" ... Actually, it's exactly like an episode from the show... Quite funny on a comedy series, not so funny in real life :)

LOL so fake i used to work for HP here in Houston Tx for 3 yrs as a Beta Tester for Intel, nvidia and ati drivers. I built million dollar servers for many a company which under contract i cant say.Was on the assembly also and did other jobs for 3 yrs for HP. We had actually had a black lady demonstrate this new technology at one of our seminars before this video came out about a yr and half ago. LOL guess what...............It worked....lies i tell you!!!

Curious, wtf does having to build million dollar severs have jack crap to do with this but try to make people think your special.....

He's trying to show you how the camera doesn't track his face, so he hit the record button on the software (webcam software usually has a record button) so you're seeing exactly what the webcam is seeing. He isn't recording himself with a handheld camera that corrects for what people 'expect' to see.

Must be me then. Never felt the need to reverse the image on a webcam since I know if I move one way, it appears opposite in the video. Then again, I don't have a webcam that does head tracking.

Still a little strange to record the video as flipped when there really is no reason to.

wtf-14.gif

Thank God for animated gifs! Great ones! :D

Were they recording this with a mirror, or was the image "flipped" for some reason?

Their name tags are mirrored. Maybe they were messing with the video input with a reflection?

Listen carefully, and you'll notice that he didn't say that Hewlett-Packard is racist, or that their programmers are racist. The exact quote is: "Hewlett-Packard computers are racist."

Ralman said:
Umm, any one notice that everything is backwards in the video like pointing the camera at a mirror?

Normally, the only way we see ourselves is in a mirror. All your life, you've been taught that the way you appear in a mirror is the way you look. But when you see yourself in a live video feed, it looks subtly wrong because your face is reversed. I have no doubt that studies of video camera sales have shown that cameras in the store set to mirror display rather than real display sell more units for that reason.

Must be me then. Never felt the need to reverse the image on a webcam since I know if I move one way, it appears opposite in the video. Then again, I don't have a webcam that does head tracking.

Still a little strange to record the video as flipped when there really is no reason to.

Well, the webcam in my notebook defaults to where a name tag would appear that way, and I have to go into a settings menu to change it. Perhaps he just didn't think to do that before recording the video since it wasn't his personal home computer he was doing it on?

Normally, the only way we see ourselves is in a mirror. All your life, you've been taught that the way you appear in a mirror is the way you look. But when you see yourself in a live video feed, it looks subtly wrong because your face is reversed. I have no doubt that studies of video camera sales have shown that cameras in the store set to mirror display rather than real display sell more units for that reason.

It's not the face they're talking about. Look at the guys name tag and the sign over his shoulder. The text in those is mirrored. If we were getting the webcams view, the text would appear normal - not mirrored.

H.

It's not the face they're talking about. Look at the guys name tag and the sign over his shoulder. The text in those is mirrored. If we were getting the webcams view, the text would appear normal - not mirrored.

mlapecaf\

Jejeje... Sounds like an episode out of "Better of Ted" ... Actually, it's exactly like an episode from the show... Quite funny on a comedy series, not so funny in real life :)
I'm said that it took 49 posts to get there, but happy that I'm not the FIRST person to catch it. :) The rest of you need to watch that show before it gets cancelled after this season. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back