How do you become an Admin or Forum Moderator?

If you will look at the join dates of the Mods/Admins, most have been here since the first year (2000). Mods are generally invited or recruited by the Admins by virtue of their participation, knowledge, helpfullness to other members, and good natured attitude. The Admins are all experienced forum moderators who are chosen by Kyle.

Do you actually get paid $$ to moderate the forums?? Is it like a part time gig or full time?? Sorry to be seeming nosey, it's just something I've been curious about for a while.

It's all volunteer work. The 'pay' is the satisfaction you get when the forums are running smoothly :cool:

So it's kind of a respect/power type of responsibility?? I think that it's cool that you love this place so much that you volunteer your time to make sure it doesn't go to
sh%20%20en.gif
. To bad you don't get some green for doing something you enjoy though, course I'm sure you enjoy doing this
domo%20and%20barney.jpg

when someone craps on your home!!

Thanks for the info!!

corrosive23 said:
The best way in the old days was to ask. :D Lots of fun stuff happened when you asked.

no no scary things would happon...especially with drool around...hed probably make you the mod of butt plungers or some shit.....

Visable-assassin said:
no no scary things would happon...especially with drool around...hed probably make you the mod of butt plungers or some shit.....
this made me laugh
. maybe i should apply for Mod-dem.

DeepFreeze said:
this made me laugh
. maybe i should apply for Mod-dem.
Don't do it! They'll probably make it so you can only access the forums when connected via 28.8 modem ;)

My Mod workout:

20 minutes or 100 reps: Whip self with rawhide dipped in ground glass.
2 sets of 3 reps: Bite completely through tongue while maintaining complete composure.
3 sets of 10 reps: Step away from keyboard and bang head on wall, and SMILE.
single rep: Write friendly PM to Hitler, Attila and Charles Manson, while rabid pitbull is chewing on your testicles. Don't forget to add smilies.

Combined with a low calorie diet, under a physician's supervision. Results are not typical. Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.

Visable-assassin said:
That was pure comedy!

relic

Don't be so MODest ... why don't you tell them about your oral hygiene regimen*?

relic's Oral Hygiene regimen:
1. 30 seconds: Rince with hydrochloric acid.
2. 240 seconds: Brush with fine steel-brush ... dremel wire brush optional for "Case Mod" Mods.
3. 120 seconds: Floss with barbed-wire
4. 30 seconds: Rince with hydrochloric acid.

Smile while speaking gently to an irate n00b about why he can not cuss in a post title.

:D

* A Mod's Mouth is his Career. No halitosis allowed -- By order Management.

well.. when two admins really love each other... and decide they want to have a little mod of their own...

FLECOM said:
well.. when two admins really love each other... and decide they want to have a little mod of their own...

ROFLMAO!

So who's the lucky she-mod FLECOM? I'm assuming that by your reasoning when two
Mods really love each other, and they hug in a special way, a [H]ard|Gawd is born! :D

That image in my mind is just somewhat disturbing :p

FLECOM said:

I remember all the title rapes back then, it was funny. I wonder if anyone with custom titles is still around...

course I woud much rather have things as they are now, this forum is so fast now!

corrosive23 said:
The best way in the old days was to ask. :D Lots of fun stuff happened when you asked.
Hey...it worked for me. :cool:

(see sig)

corrosive23 said:

Not so much anymore ;)

Admins know who they want, which is why they approach and ask you (or whoever they want) when one is needed.

if we want you, you'll get a email from a admin telling you that your a moderator :p

Im waiting for kyle to yell at me for bringing women issues into this.

Back