HL2 delayed until September 24, 2004?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nVidia ruined it all!!!!!!! Now HL2 will not look as great anymore they have to scale it down!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Thats really FUBAR for those that bought a card just for it...err a voucher. But I say hold off until it comes from the big man's mouth.:p

[edit]
....of course blame it on Nvidia....scale it down my ass...the game was just not near to being done IMO if it is in fact delayed again.

BLAME nVidia!!!! if those guys would work harder on thier videocards we would be playing HL2 by now!!! :mad: another reason to hate nVidia :rolleyes:

Can someone fill me in as to why nVidia is involved?

BTW....I warned you guys with 9600's not to get them but you said "they're cheap when you count in HL2"....

I just bought this 9800pro just for half-life 2 coming in the next 3 months i was planning!!!!!! i guess its not a total waste but danmit how long will hl2 be delayed before my 9800pro will be obsolete? :mad:

Well, shouldnt have bought that graphics card for a game that is not out yet. But I am just happy with my 9700 pro, from last year.
And what proof do they have about nvidia or any of the graphics reworks? Seems like bullshit to me, and I am no fan of nvidia.

whatever.. i dont beleave it. ATI would cut cut off Valves balls.. if russia is playing HL2 then there is enough to get that game out. if they didnt have this thing with ATI then maybe but i dont think they have that big of a choice to delay it a year after that kind of agreement.

Originally posted by Mikey20
nVidia ruined it all!!!!!!! Now HL2 will not look as great anymore they have to scale it down!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I started laughing, then as I read more of the thread I realized you weren't joking :confused:

CAn anyone confirm this tonight? Don't make this yet another sleepless night. Whatever.

You would be able to do that even if it wasn't delayed... Just now they will probably come out together.

Same exact shit they pulled with the original Half-Life, almost a year of delays.

Sad part is, the stupidass marketing gimmick of delaying the game by a fucking year (which we all know it was, don't even try denying it...we all saw or heard of the amount of work Valve had accomplished on HL2 circa the original release date, so don't claim Valve is just fine-tuning the gameplay or whatever) is probably going to work, and they'll make shitloads of money and get a bunch of awards, despite the fact that they're assholes. And that success will continue to validate their superiority in their minds, and they'll probably pull the same shit with whatever stupidass spinoff games they come out with in the future to adequately milk the franchise name.

Shame.

Originally posted by finalgt
Same exact shit they pulled with the original Half-Life, almost a year of delays.

Sad part is, the stupidass marketing gimmick of delaying the game by a fucking year (which we all know it was, don't even try denying it...we all saw or heard of the amount of work Valve had accomplished on HL2 circa the original release date, so don't claim Valve is just fine-tuning the gameplay or whatever) is probably going to work, and they'll make shitloads of money and get a bunch of awards, despite the fact that they're assholes. And that success will continue to validate their superiority in their minds, and they'll probably pull the same shit with whatever stupidass spinoff games they come out with in the future to adequately milk the franchise name.

Shame.

Man you need to calm down. It's not like it's the end of the world or something. You should be grateful that they are actually making half life 2. I don't really care how long they delay the game really because I respect the company that is making it and their judgement. Also it's dumb to say they are delaying the game on purpose because no company in the world would delay their product that much just to gain profit, they would probably lose money delaying the game.

Originally posted by Mikey20
BLAME nVidia!!!! if those guys would work harder on thier videocards we would be playing HL2 by now!!! :mad: another reason to hate nVidia :rolleyes:

Are you serious?

Well, I'm glad I bought a 9800 Pro 128mb instead of a 9800XT.

Coz when HL2 comes around, you 9800XT owners are gunna be seeing my rear tail lights when I get my Uber 9900 XT Ultra Mega XXL 512mb - yea baby !!

OwnAge - hehe :p

I've stopped jizzing in my pants over this game. This doesn't surprise me in the least. As long as this delay makes the game better I really don't care. There are plenty of other games like Stalker, Far Cry, and Doom3 coming along too.

I've noticed the people that are the most pissed are the ones who upgraded their video card for HL2. Maybe next time they will wait is all I can say. Don't blame NVIDIA, ATI, or even Valve. It's your fault.

Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
Man you need to calm down. It's not like it's the end of the world or something. You should be grateful that they are actually making half life 2. I don't really care how long they delay the game really because I respect the company that is making it and their judgement. Also it's dumb to say they are delaying the game on purpose because no company in the world would delay their product that much just to gain profit, they would probably lose money delaying the game.

Well a couple companies have delayed products just for hype and profit...Sony with there PS2 at launch (Billion$$ company and it took so long to restock shelves?...even the media agreed Sony delayed shipments to build the hype...it worked). And Capcom most recently with there $200 game for X-Box...they even warn you to buy it before it goes and ends up on ebay.:rolleyes: In anycase I am over HL2's hype.

Save your money for whats now....or atleast soon. All expected to hit in 1-2 months.:D

1-DOOMIII
2-UNREAL TOURNAMENT04
3-Battlefield Vietnam
4-JOINT OPERATIONS
5-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
6-HITMAN 3 CONTRACTS
7-Soldner
8-Far Cry
9-Medal of Honor Pacific Assault

Originally posted by LordBritish

Uber 9900 XT Ultra Mega XXL 512mb - yea baby !!

:p

greatest name for a card ever.

remember folks, it's YOU the buyer who has the largest influence in what they do. all ya gotta do is tell valve/nvidia to go fuck themselves if they want to rework just because nvidia can't make a product that worksfor directx, vice versa for valve, then they can just go to hell. i see this as more nvidia thinking it will help when it'll only hurt themselves. assuming that the "true" directx9 standards are what ATI plays to, there's already an engine completed and done for. it's just having to be modified so nvidia can say "see we get 8798879 FPS in that game too!!!!!!!!". so just tell valve and nvidia to go fuckthemselves.

added: also you people flipping out about not having the strong enough cards or whatever are also idiots too. assuming that the engine was designed to be released roughly 6 months ago, even at that time the 9800pro/5900u was THE top of the line stuff. why in heaven's name would valve then decide to say "well shit looks like we'll have to entirely rework our engine so that it will ONLY run on the most fastest shit possible 6 months from this point"

so just calm the hell down and quit giving a damn about some game. jesus christ you'll get it and maybe a month at most you'll go "omg greatest game ever" then i gaurentee in another month you'll hardly be playing it as much. IT'S A GAME! i'm sure everybody was all jizzin their pants whenever wingcommander 3 (i dunno i just picked some old ass game) came out. so just clam down.

censor me mods or whatever but just try and tell me what i just mini-ranted about is wrong in anyway.

BTW....I warned you guys with 9600's not to get them but you said "they're cheap when you count in HL2"....

What kind of Idiot buys a videocard purely just for a game thats bundled with it anyway:rolleyes: Duh your buying a video card not a game?
And who gives a shit about hl2 anyways there is lots better games coming out than this anyways.Geez some of you people need to get outside more often and stop worshiping this game so much:p
Oh and blame it on nvidia and there dx8.1 turbo cards:D

I'm betting this is just a BS email to stir up some shit.

But what is this about?
I guess they must be completly re-making that game! Shame nVidia got so upset about their performance, that they forced a re-work of the GFX Engine to make nVidia GPU's perform better.
Is there an article out somewhere about nVidia crying us a river?

Fine by me, I dont want it anymore. Far Cry is top on my list now, then Splinter Cell 2, and Doom 3. If Valve has the nerve to push a product back an entire year I wont want it anymore. Doesn't mean I wont buy it, I'm just not as excited anymore.

b0b

Just thought I'd add this ;)

www.halflife2.net
From Munro - Half-life2.net Site Director

From the Gameplay sales bloke:

[Communal_Toilet]: its not official date or anything, no extra news
[Communal_Toilet]: just our system, we've set it to sept as the date is still TBC
[Communal_Toilet]: we should be sending a mail out to explain it
[Communal_Toilet]: its just so the next change we make should be the actual date from Vivendi

Ignore retailers

Figures. Just another BS release date. Back to your lives folks.

well they most certainly cried a river when valve did ther first tests with the fx and ati cards they had one all mighty sook because there dx9 was nothin short of woeful so i wouldnt be at all suprised if valve is trying to make the fx cards look abit better in this game(But na nvidia wouldnt stoop that low would they lmao:p ?)

Anyone who bought a video card jsut to play HL2 shouldnt have. It has a scaleable engine thats more tune-able than most games from what I've heard. The range is anywhere's from DX6 up to DX9. Youll get good fps no matter what card you have, its just the extra eye candy youre buying a new video card for. STOP PAYING TO RELEASE DATES!!!!

On another note, companies like blizzard know what they're doing, they never release a release date until the game is coming out, thats how it should be done by all. You won't see all these threads about HL2 DELAYED AGAIN OMFG@#$&ARGH!#$(&

Anyways, good luck with the card that you upgraded to, play the games when they come out, upgrade when you need to.

Hey, forget HL2.

WE WANT DUKE NUKEM FOREVER NOW !!!

I've had that pre-ordered for over 5 years now !

Originally posted by MetalX

News flash: You still get it free whenever it comes out.

Well I don´t think you could hold anything about that article to be true. That website is obviously so biased it isn´t funny.

Blame nVidia? It reminds me of that Southpark movies "blame Canada". It´s exactly the same. They don´t know who to blame so they blame the one everybodys hack on these days. nVidia!

Since everyone know that Half Life 2 is an ATI sponsored game not nVidia sponsored game that is just ridiculous.

Oh and DOOM 3 is delayed too btw. Is that ATI:s fault???

btw There is no Splinter Cell 2.

Doom 3 cant be delayed, since there was never a release date. "When it's done", is all its ever been.

Originally posted by fallguy
Doom 3 cant be delayed, since there was never a release date. "When it's done", is all its ever been.

There has been several release dates for DOOM 3. Don´t know how you could have missed those.

Splinter Cell: Pandora tomorrow is an expansion pack for Splinter Cell. They haven´t even started working on Splinter Cell 2 yet.

what is half life 2?

:eek:UM Is there enough room under that rock for me :p

Dude where you been hiding lol?Its only the most talked about game on the face of the planet lol.

But after seeing stalker halflife2 looks a no event in my eyes:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back