HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with those charts is they really don't tell us anything of value. Since they do not represent real world gaming in any way.

If your getting 100FPS at the max resolution of your monitor your not going to just be running 4xaa and those charts don't tell us what happens once the AA is cranked up.

I mean wow the 5770 in crossfire beats the 5850 at settings no one is going to play at. :rolleyes:

Agreed that is pretty retarded. Crossfired bottle rockets. Sigh...

well 800 stream processors x2 = 1600 = 5870......

whats the point?
Ya, I said that before and no one saw it.
This thread is speculation of a dual gpu 5770x2 card. Since the specs of a single 5770 make any attempt at building this card pointless, can we please close this thread?

The subject matter has been beaten around for 400 posts (21 pages).
Everything that has been posted since the specs came out seem a little off topic...

And so it came to pass that Juniper XT burst into life and in an atomic frenzy the matter began to fuze seeking its perfect atomic match to become Hemlock.

:cool:

Looking at the 5700 series reviews now.

They are disappointing so far.

One step foreward :D
@970/1340 vgpu stock
19113.jpg

I'm curious why you don't run Vantage.

I find 06 extremely misleading and dated. My 8800 GT scored 13500 while it only scored 6600 in Vantage. It took a huge drop relative to the newer cards in the newer benchmark.

It will be done! Don't worry...:D (simply look at my other cards : i used vantage under vista &/or 3d06 under xp)
3d06 is not outdate for guys like me who do not dislike bench its graphic cards...

Last edited:
And so it came to pass that Juniper XT burst into life and in an atomic frenzy the matter began to fuze seeking its perfect atomic match to become Hemlock.

:cool:

WTF +1? However I must admit it's fun reading trippy posts, even better than drunk posts. Is he doing this on purpose? hahaha....

The F*ck are you smoking?:confused:

Yeah right? Must be some of the good stuff... :D You have to admit he's pretty popular here at the video card forum now. Maybe I should get head start on next years 6770x2 vaporware/dreamware thread? 12 pages? Lol!

After reading the review here on the [H], I don't think at this time the 5770 makes a lot of sense. The 5750 I can see, it runs with the GTS250 has a ton more features (DX11,eyefinity, much better power profile). Neither is a candidate for crossfire though, and to be honest the 5770 seems like a pretty poor buy to me at the $160 price point(don't forget you can pick up a GTX260 for that money). Unless your chomping at the bit for DX11 (which seems to be catching on) or eyefinity, then there are better buys right now at least. Let alone stuffing two of them in a case. That makes ZERO sense. Ok, less than Zero sense.

NO! BAM @1000Mhz vgpu stock without any mod!!;)
18268519351.jpg

Good night all...

Last edited:
1GHZ core on stock voltage for HD5770!!!!!

Most impressive. Definitely enthusiast material. :)

and still gets beat by the slower clocked 4890. lol

Yeah, that's thoroughly unimpressive IMO. I would have expected it to fair better, especially once overclocked. It could be early drivers, at least one would hope, but the fact that 800sp @ 1014MHz can't even come close to 800sp @ 850MHz shows a decent memory bottleneck (at least at 1920x1200) or some other architectural limitation.

1GHZ core on stock voltage for HD5770!!!!!

Most impressive. Definitely enthusiast material. :)

It is not a bad card, but it is definately NOT enthusiast material.

The conclusion of the review of the 5770 at Anandtech certainly does not make it an enthusiast card, but an okay mid-range card. It is slower than a 4890, and overall slower than the 4870.

Of course it is faster than my 4850 though.

Throw in DX11:

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/2009/test_ati_radeon_hd_5770_crossfire/11/

And it would actually be faster than the 4890 :) Throw in good scaling for crossfire 5770 and the good ocing, and for future games the picture changes.

#1 Who the hell plays Battleforge? Whoever buys current cards to play future games is dumber than sand. Future games future games future games, is this the best argument people can come up with these days?
#2. Good scaling for crossfire can't be brought over to 4XXX cards or other cards for that matter? Holy crap, 5770 gets a Jesus seat!
#3. Someone here has shown a chart where an OCed 5770 still hangs around below a 4890 and barely edges out the GTX260. L4D? Now that's a game people play. Battlewtf!?
#4. So.... What picture changed?

Conclusion: Zzzzz with the preaching.

#1 Who the hell plays Battleforge? Whoever buys current cards to play future games is dumber than sand. Future games future games future games, is this the best argument people can come up with these days?
#2. Good scaling for crossfire can't be brought over to 4XXX cards or other cards for that matter? Holy crap, 5770 gets a Jesus seat!
#3. Someone here has shown a chart where an OCed 5770 still hangs around below a 4890 and barely edges out the GTX260. L4D? Now that's a game people play. Battlewtf!?
#4. So.... What picture changed?

Conclusion: Zzzzz with the preaching.

#1 Its a performance indicator for games to come.
#2 All crossfire tests on the card itself have shown good scaling, as in the benchmarks out there now, just look at the anandtech tests.
#3 Yes in current DX9 and DX10 games it falls behind, but this engine shows that it gets a significant advantage with DX11 enabled, thus making up for its previous short fall.
#4 The picture is that the games on the horizon (and we are seeing a lot more games in the next 6-12 months supporting DX11 which is MUCH faster than DX10), are likely to perform better on a DX11 card than a DX10.1 or even 10.0 card. So yeah you could buy a card thats faster in todays games, but lets face it this card can play todays games just fine, that's not the issue. I would rather it was capable of playing the games in a years time too.

My pal ZoLKoRn will send me the asus bios so that i can push further my sapphire HD5770...
but right now:
594505p11255.jpg

one more little bump w/ vgpu@stock
1010/1350
372904p11292.jpg

back to XP:
@1010/1350 vgpu @stock
18504619423.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you are having a blast Pvhk!! :cool:

Have you tried to Xfire the HD5770 with the HD4770? What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?

I was curious if there was any way the HD4770 in Xfire with HD5770 would benefit from the HD5770 direct X11.
If so HD4770 with HD5750 might be a hot ticket for Xfire with Direct X11.

You have so many cool toys.

Have you tried to Xfire the HD5770 with the HD4770? What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?

I was curious if there was any way the HD4770 in Xfire with HD5770 would benefit from the HD5770 direct X11.
If so HD4770 with HD5750 might be a hot ticket for Xfire with Direct X11.

Damn he is trolling us. Owned.

I hope you aren't serious, unless you're trying to get him to brick his card.

It's hit or miss. If it doesn't work the card can be flashed back to original BIOS. It's not that hard of a procedure if you know what you are doing. I know pvhk has the skill to do it if it is possible.

I would try it if I had the HD5770 or HD5750. Probably wouldn't work though. :D I'd still try it though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back